PDA

View Full Version : 94 toyota pickup headlamp

Killer
08-09-2007, 12:39 PM
I've got a 94 pickup and my passenger headlamp was out, BUT the high beam would work.. so really just the low beam was out... it would also cause my passenger break light not to work.

So, i replaced the headlamps. both lights worked just fine. and i believe even the break light was working (i asked a friend and he said yeah, but it could've just been the tail lamps were on so i'm not certain)

that was around 7-7:30. went out for a bit. when i went to head home (10:30) my passenger light was already out... but my high beam again still worked...

by the time made it home not even my high beam was working... so i went and checked it out again.. the bulb doesn't seem to be blown.. then again it's hard to tell with these older headlamps, as opposed to looking at just the bulb. i looked at the wiring best i could everything seems to be intact. the fuse was NOT blown.. but i replaced it anyway just incase.. still nothing...

i cleaned the "adapter"(<for lack of better word, but the female end that plugs into the lamp).. still nothing no low or high beam....

anyone know anything else i can do, or a simple way to test for a short in the wires or anything?

Killer
08-09-2007, 04:24 PM
UP!

mushroom_toy
08-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Grounds dude. Probably ground. Makes sure the headlamp harness is all ok and no wires are frayed. Also a on quite a few of these trucks the electrical connections in the combo switch messes up and it needs to be fix or yo have to buy another one. Do a search and you'll probably find the answer to your question as well as anything else you need to know. I now a good bit, but not everything.