PDA

View Full Version : a/c blowin smoke?

madwick
08-08-2007, 10:35 PM
does anyone know why the a/c would begin to smoke? is it too much built up condensation? i was driving home from out of town and the a/c began to blow smoke. not a bad smell, just smoke, almost like a fog. the air was still cold but i turned it off b/c im not used to having a/c and when i had a/c it didnt do that? anyone got an idea on what i need to do?

Whiteboy™
08-08-2007, 10:36 PM
:lmao:

Nittanys1
08-08-2007, 10:40 PM
my old accord did that once on a hot day years ago...it was a white smoke and i had no idea what caused it...I pulled over waited a few mins and didnt use the ac for a while...never had that problem again...odd...

madwick
08-08-2007, 10:41 PM
ah man come on...

i need some possitive feedback!

lol

Nittanys1
08-08-2007, 10:42 PM
i searched and found this "
sorry to say but your ac unit have a broken line, the smoke that you see is refrigerant gas, and the hole is very small, so only when the compresor is on you notice it, soon there will be no more refrigerant and the smoke will stop, but the cool to, buy a new one....goo luck"

madwick
08-08-2007, 10:43 PM
yeah and i gues its gunna happen now since its up above 100* these days! anyone else have this problem and know what might cause it if its not just a freak of nature thing?

madwick
08-08-2007, 10:43 PM
so is it a new compressor needed or new lines?

The BUCKY
08-08-2007, 10:47 PM
i hope it stops working

ghey

Whiteboy™
08-08-2007, 10:50 PM
i hope it stops working
ghey

:goodjob::lmfao:

i don't have AC, fuck that shit!

blackshine007
08-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Ok. A couple of things. When it blows smoke, is it a constant smoke and when it does, is there an odor with it as well. If so, what does it smell like? There's the possibility of condensation sitting in the bottom of the heating/ a/c unit and when the a/c door opens, it's pulling the leftover condensation. And naturally, there would be a mildew like smell to go along with it. Or another possibility is that the car was in an accident, something wasn't sealed right. When it rains, water gets on top of the unit and drip in, and you see the results anytime the blower motor comes on (I've seen that happen before btw).

The second thing is this...... Why do you have your name and phone # posted up visibly where everyone can see it?

Whiteboy™
08-08-2007, 10:53 PM
just in case anyone has e-beef, they can go kick his ass.

madwick
08-08-2007, 10:55 PM
lol ill delete the number it was there bc i'm an idiot. i just got this car and it was after about 30 minutes of driving before it started to smoke/fog. no smell, still blew cold air. when i got it in my shop, the floor had like a miniature lake from where the a/c drip hose under the car. seemed normal but on my DA it used to drip the water onto the passenger side floor. that was due to these rubber grommets from the circulation lap area under the hood cowel.

madwick
08-08-2007, 11:02 PM
im sorry, this is on a 94 del sol si. a/c seems to work fine and it was 105* outside when this was happening! would that be the cause. and it had about 100 miles on it for the day so the engine was getting warmer and i was doing 80 for a straight hour. ill drive it tomorrow and see whats up. shouldn't be anything maybe just freakish.