PDA

View Full Version : General Chat H motors online

Tree
08-08-2007, 10:31 PM
THEY FUCKED ME OVER!! i bought a motor from them about 2 weeks ago.. well the shop that is doing my motor swap call me and said that they sent me a motor with a bad head gasket... so i e-mail them and they sent me this..."Hi,

It is highly unlikely that you will receive a motor with a blown

headgasket. We do compression and leakage tests on every engine
before shipping them. If you did happen to get one, besides being the

first, we would supply you with the parts to fix the problem. We do
not however cover labor costs."

well this is what the motor looks like now.. tell me that that is a bad head gasket there is no way in hell that that motor passed the compression or leak test!

so if you are i need of a motor dont get it from h motors they fucked me!http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/treeloves/DSC00885.jpg

sicivic89
08-08-2007, 10:39 PM
did you email them that picture?

madwick
08-08-2007, 10:49 PM
damn i bought a b20 and type-r front from them and every thing was good!

actually come to think of it, the b20 was missing a tps sensor. and it didnt have a complete engine harness, and the alternator whined quite loud!

also the HID's in the JDM type-r front, the driver side seemed to point way to the left.

RedTegGSR
08-08-2007, 11:27 PM
I bought my motor from jdmcustoms.com. It was shipped by R&L Trucking and ended up having a substatial dent in the oil pan, so i ripped it off and come to find out that those rope smokers bent my oil fray all up too.

o_bomb
08-09-2007, 12:10 AM
i buy all my motors from steve and ive NEVER had a problem! Something is up! He is the best supplier I know!

KPowerEP3
08-10-2007, 11:30 PM
I've never had any problems with HMO. I had a slight issue with one of the ZCs I bought, the dizzy was broken, emailed them, they sent me another OBD1 distributor no questions asked.

Tree
08-11-2007, 06:02 PM
i'm not doing that shit.. i called them and fought with those asshole and they gave me a new motor! so my this is going on week 5 with no car... thank hmo for fucking me over

AnthonyF
08-11-2007, 07:17 PM
if you feel you can win...sue them. Since the motor is out, labor isnt that big of a deal. try to get money for a full head gasket set and use that money to buy a nicer head gasket set.

Tree
08-14-2007, 03:19 PM
shit they gave me a new motor and they are paying to ship both motors back and to the shop that my car is at

Vteckidd
08-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Hmotorsonline has shipped me over 30 motors with no problems.

I find it extremely hard to believe they would send a motor that was bad.

BABY J
08-14-2007, 04:09 PM
I do not find it hard to believe at all. But the BOTTOM line is this - you are buying a USED motor --> unless it's a reman from Everdrive or something like that, then the head gasket is something that you'd replace (as well as other auxillary components) before you install. Why trust the gasket on a junk-yard motor??? You'd be asking for it anytime you trust the gaskets on a junk-yard motor. They did the right thing by sending you another 1 though. But JUST KNOW THAT YOU ARE BUYING A JY USED MOTOR... so any way you slice it, you win w/ the pricepoint game. Ever went to a JY and pulled a motor out of a car YOURSELF? On dirt? And tranny? And compression tested, and then shipped to some1 across the country who thinks it's your fault that they need a motor? LOL. It's a business... just like McDonald's sometimes you get cold fries. They made it right. I personally know some of the guys there and for the most part are good people. Just like any business sometimes things slip through the cracks.

/thread

EmminoDaGreat
08-14-2007, 04:18 PM
Hmotorsonline has great motors, we buy from them all the time. If you have problems they will fix it for you and make i right.

Tree
08-14-2007, 07:15 PM
i'm sorry but then they say that they can a leak test and a compression check it should have showed up.. no way in hell that motor passed both of those... the guy that is doing my work said the same! then they gave me a hard time about it. at frist i was going to let them send me the head gasket... but they fucked me i have not had my car in 6 weeks becuse of them... but i should be getting my car back.

BABY J
08-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Did you do a leak-down and compression test? What were your findings?

RISKYB
08-15-2007, 10:23 AM
i as well have bought several motors and conversions from them as well as misc other items with no problems and good service

fatman169
08-15-2007, 10:50 AM
i just recently bought a gsr from them and it was in great condition man

bigdare23
08-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Just like what Jay said, some slips through the cracks......... Anyways, u got a new motor problem solved right?!

Tree
08-15-2007, 10:36 PM
hey said that it passed i dont know how... the place that has the car and motors it did not pass...

Tree
08-15-2007, 10:38 PM
it all good my new motor is coming in soon so i'm set.