PDA

View Full Version : Squad meet v. 3.0

EvasiveEF9
08-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Alright, so...where we stand on planning the next meet...

1. Motivation - DONE
2. Plan Ahead - In progress
3. Figure out when people are available - DONE
4. Figure out what to do - NOW!
5. Location location location - Soon to come

Everyone's ready to go...now let's figure out what we wanna do...

NOTE: Please, vote for UP TO 3 things. The top three ideas will be voted between in about 5 days...give or take.

NOTE: Please feel free to suggest another idea...

NOTE: If you're not going to come...DON'T VOTE. If you're a "maybe" kinda person, feel free to vote...just in case. I DO hope alot of people turn out!

Whiteboy™
08-07-2007, 11:03 PM
i wanna do a mountain run, maybe

Papa_Smurf
08-07-2007, 11:07 PM
mountain run ONLY if we have a big group... i'm really counting on the newer members and older members who didn't come to the last meet to show up this time.'

my #1 vote is mountain run, and #2 would be a photo shoot, sum driving shots and stuff and then maybe a cookout and just chill....dont have a #3, but those are my suggestions.

Papa_Smurf
08-07-2007, 11:15 PM
i also think we need to plan WAAAAY in advance, so people can get off work and what not...

i just want this next meet to be the majority of our members, with the new ones who've yet to be met, and the old ones who dont come to the meets... you know who you are :ninja: :gay: lol j/k

EvasiveEF9
08-07-2007, 11:15 PM
I really hope we have some of the new members come out, and more of the older members come out... HOPEFULLY, depending on when we do this...I'll have paint...I'm giving up the JDM project, and just going for a nice USDM look...

EvasiveEF9
08-07-2007, 11:21 PM
Whiteboy...you're not too good at this "ONLY 3 VOTES!" thing...LoL

Papa_Smurf
08-07-2007, 11:21 PM
you still going to incorporate those stripes on the fenders? and you getting stock fenders before you paint?

idk why but i really like the stripes, ben.

Papa_Smurf
08-07-2007, 11:22 PM
Whiteboy...you're not too good at this "ONLY 3 VOTES!" thing...LoL

wtf dude, that throws off everything because the numbers are going to be fucked up...

i'm voting 6 more times now :D

EvasiveEF9
08-07-2007, 11:24 PM
you still going to incorporate those stripes on the fenders? and you getting stock fenders before you paint?

idk why but i really like the stripes, ben.
You just wait and see what rolls out of the paint booth... The goal is to turn heads and keep it looking clean. To stand out amongst others, but not catch the eyes of cops. To keep it stock, but modified...

EvasiveEF9
08-07-2007, 11:24 PM
wtf dude, that throws off everything because the numbers are going to be fucked up...

i'm voting 6 more times now :D
LoL, when the time comes, I'll study it real quick and ask those that voted more than 3 times which ones they actually meant to vote for...

Whiteboy™
08-07-2007, 11:25 PM
You just wait and see what rolls out of the paint booth... The goal is to turn heads and keep it looking clean. To stand out amongst others, but not catch the eyes of cops. To keep it stock, but modified...

:blah::blah::blah:

Papa_Smurf
08-07-2007, 11:30 PM
so whens a tentative date of the next meet? maybe 2-3 months from now? we need to find a weekend where it's maybe a holiday or something so sum people could be off work... or idk

EvasiveEF9
08-07-2007, 11:36 PM
:blah::blah::blah:
I'll put it this way. I told the two mangers (and owners) of the shop what kind of roll I play as far as turning heads, being in contact with people, and attending car events in the southeast, SCCA/AutoCross, mountain runs, car clubs in the area, and nationally, as well as being one of the main (by this I mean taking charge, and being active) member of the EF Squad of IA, former second-in-charge of a car club, and being in close contact with two other major car clubs in the area....the idea of making my car look good has caught his attention. He originally wanted to cut the doors in half and make half-doors, and airbrush some stuff, and put holograms in it, and do some badass stuff that actually wasn't ricey...but I told him I didn't wanna catch eyes of cops, so we're having some arguements over how to do it. Both of these guys have been in the business for MANY years...so they know what colors mix well, and what colors go with what body lines, etc...

Pretty much what I'm saying is...you just wait and see ;)

EvasiveEF9
08-07-2007, 11:38 PM
so whens a tentative date of the next meet? maybe 2-3 months from now? we need to find a weekend where it's maybe a holiday or something so sum people could be off work... or idk
Anyone who gives enough of a shit about the squad to request off only needs about a month's notice. Granted, we have some people who can't do a damn thing about their job (such as if BTLFED's name is caught at work for that weekend, he CANNOT get off).

Tentative date also REALLY depends on what we do...I don't wanna swim in December, and I don't wanna be playing frisbee when it's 100degrees out with code red smog...

Papa_Smurf
08-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Anyone who gives enough of a shit about the squad to request off only needs about a month's notice. Granted, we have some people who can't do a damn thing about their job (such as if BTLFED's name is caught at work for that weekend, he CANNOT get off).

Tentative date also REALLY depends on what we do...I don't wanna swim in December, and I don't wanna be playing frisbee when it's 100degrees out with code red smog...

yea, i agree w/ the requesting off, but i just want to give eveyrone enough time to be able to have it off, because i dont want to have 10 EF's at this meet like there was last time...lol

yea, i feel ya on the date thing. i say a mountain run and a cookout with sum photo's when it gets cooler, like 70 degrees or so. I think that'd be the best type of meet..

EvasiveEF9
08-07-2007, 11:54 PM
yea, i agree w/ the requesting off, but i just want to give eveyrone enough time to be able to have it off, because i dont want to have 10 EF's at this meet like there was last time...lol

yea, i feel ya on the date thing. i say a mountain run and a cookout with sum photo's when it gets cooler, like 70 degrees or so. I think that'd be the best type of meet..
Keep in mind we can have a meet like...for example, tomorrow, and do another one here in about 2 months...LoL. So I say for now let's look to do something in (PLEASE NOTE, I'm not saying this is when the meet is...just suggesting) late september, and something again in like...november. The trees are pretty in the mountains if you catch them in time... Best time is after they've chaned colors, and before salt is on the roads.

And I think we'll have a bigger turnout this time. Some people have just found out about the squad, and will probably be eager to get to know some of us. Not to mention, with as well as the last event was organized (Thanks, Dare!) maybe people will consider this to be a more serious group to do stuff with. I think we'll exponentially grow the interest as we slowly grow in the number of people that turn out. "If you build it, they will come"

Hope that's making sense. I'm tired as shit...

Papa_Smurf
08-08-2007, 12:03 AM
makes perfect sense ben. i've been telling people to come over to this forum when i find out they have an EF, thru pictures and stuff. I would not even be here if Guy hadn't told me about it when we met @ a red light one day...i'm so glad he did tell me though, because i got introduced to the EF squad and IA which let me meet new people to talk about cars w/ and shit :blah:

Anyway, i think we all need to take every chance we can to tell people about the EF squad, weather it be seeing sum1 w/ an Ef on the streets, or seeing sum1 @ BP, so seeing sum1 post pics or have shit about an Ef in their sig, or w/e.

The more EF's their are the better :goodjob:

KevinT707
08-08-2007, 01:39 PM
Voted.

Mountain Run = Gay

Whiteboy™
08-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Voted.

Mountain Run = Gay

do you have any pictures of those wheels?

bigdare23
08-08-2007, 04:00 PM
The mountain run was fun, but it will be a min before I do another one.

I say one week a mountain run for all the people that want to (Joker you get this together), and another week we can meet up at Piedmont Park just to hang out for the day (I can get this together).

LMK and we can do that!!!

Papa_Smurf
08-08-2007, 04:34 PM
^^ i think that sounds good to me dare. mountian run sometime when it starts getting cooler, and the cook out around the same time

EvasiveEF9
08-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Voted.

Mountain Run = Gay
Aww, everyone look! He's scared! That's so cute!

The mountain run was fun, but it will be a min before I do another one.

I say one week a mountain run for all the people that want to (Joker you get this together), and another week we can meet up at Piedmont Park just to hang out for the day (I can get this together).

LMK and we can do that!!!
Bear with us...let's see what the voting tells us as far as what people wanna do. Give it a couple days, and we'll go from there...

toonz
08-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Piedmont Park, LOL, I pass! Tenn. aquarium sounds fun tho and on the way back we can go through the mountains. For the people that don't want to really do the mountains can just stay in the back and just coast! A Win win deal for everyone.

PenginHatch
08-08-2007, 06:21 PM
I dont want to do a mountain run because my suspension cant handle it

Papa_Smurf
08-08-2007, 07:11 PM
hey ben, after the mountain run mine and my dads hatch has sum squeaky ass suspension.... any idea what it it?

StraightSix
08-08-2007, 08:26 PM

Heh, mine's all stock. You don't need fancy aftermarket suspension to have fun on a mountain run. I managed to almost keep up with Ben and the new Mini on the mountain run, oh, and that was with a whopping 70whp.

Papa_Smurf
08-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Heh, mine's all stock. You don't need fancy aftermarket suspension to have fun on a mountain run. I managed to almost keep up with Ben and the new Mini on the mountain run, oh, and that was with a whopping 70whp.

lol thats because you can drive. if i ever go up to the mountains again i'm hanging back a little more because i pushed the hell out of my car last time, and i'd hate to ride that thing down the side or the mountain lol

I <3 my EF
08-08-2007, 11:39 PM
You'll be suprised at what the EF can do. It make you want to start a cult devoted to EFs. Kinda like the squad.

Whiteboy™
08-08-2007, 11:41 PM
We are not a cult :ninja:

DrunkScotsman
08-10-2007, 08:30 AM
i wish i could roust up all the damn EF's i see out here in Winder , i know of atleast 8 or 9 i see all the time , oh yeah , fellas , my bro just bought a rex so i and my bro will be at the next meet!( course i'll be in my EG)

Papa_Smurf
08-10-2007, 12:20 PM
i have a feeling this next meet, whatever we do, we're going to have a much bigger turnout than before

toonz
08-11-2007, 05:17 PM
I hope Im up and running by then, but at the looks of it I'll probably be running before any of you come up with a date!

slow_hatch
08-11-2007, 05:42 PM

Where were you on 129? :thinking:

SL65AMG
08-12-2007, 10:41 AM
2 of the three i chose are top 3 so im happy w/ whatever.

speedlab FTW :yes: :tongue1:

EvasiveEF9
08-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Piedmont Park, LOL, I pass! Tenn. aquarium sounds fun tho and on the way back we can go through the mountains. For the people that don't want to really do the mountains can just stay in the back and just coast! A Win win deal for everyone.
I've got an extra seat if you don't wanna drive it...

You'd be surprised...check our gold SCCA buddy. He's stock, and he can hold his ground well with me... (can't remember his name, but I know he posted up on this, already)

hey ben, after the mountain run mine and my dads hatch has sum squeaky ass suspension.... any idea what it it?
Check your bushings... Also, get a hose and spray down your suspension pieces pretty well

Vouch.

lol thats because you can drive. if i ever go up to the mountains again i'm hanging back a little more because i pushed the hell out of my car last time, and i'd hate to ride that thing down the side or the mountain lol
Vouch.

You'll be suprised at what the EF can do. It make you want to start a cult devoted to EFs. Kinda like the squad.
Respect.

We are not a cult :ninja:
Fiction.

i wish i could roust up all the damn EF's i see out here in Winder , i know of atleast 8 or 9 i see all the time , oh yeah , fellas , my bro just bought a rex so i and my bro will be at the next meet!( course i'll be in my EG)
Mission.

i have a feeling this next meet, whatever we do, we're going to have a much bigger turnout than before
Fact.

I hope Im up and running by then, but at the looks of it I'll probably be running before any of you come up with a date!
Fact. Working on it, though.

Between the lines.

2 of the three i chose are top 3 so im happy w/ whatever.

speedlab FTW :yes: :tongue1:
Soon. Today is last day for people to vote on this thread. A new one will be up with the top three ideas, or further in formation.

Papa_Smurf
08-12-2007, 12:07 PM
the speed lab is going to be expensive guys... i believe you have to pay to get a license the 1st time you go there, and then you have to pay for each race and shit.

idk, we definitely need to get a price on how much that would cost us. I'm sure it'd be a hell of alot of fun, but expensive too. Remember, we drive EF's for a reason...:ninja:

EvasiveEF9
08-12-2007, 12:09 PM
we drive EF's for a reason...:ninja:
Yeah...cuz I've got a DMV record the size of toonz's arrogance, and...NO ONE steals an EF! Especially when it's urban-camo.

Papa_Smurf
08-12-2007, 12:15 PM
i bet sum1 wouldn't hesitate to steal Jeff's REX after that glass top and the new head unit. If he doesn't have an alarm on that car and keep it in the garage then he's fucking crazy.

EvasiveEF9
08-12-2007, 12:22 PM
i bet sum1 wouldn't hesitate to steal Jeff's REX after that glass top and the new head unit. If he doesn't have an alarm on that car and keep it in the garage then he's fucking crazy.
What're you talking about? He no longer has that car... :ninja:

I just sent a message to an Andretti Rep about a group outing at their facility. I'll probably hear back mon or tues, and I'll keep ya'll posted.

jfrolang
08-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Remember, we drive EF's for a reason...:ninja:
Because they're awesome? :D

bigdare23
08-12-2007, 01:34 PM

I really doubt they can get it. :goodjob:

DrunkScotsman
08-12-2007, 03:13 PM
hard to steal a car on an army base , good luck to the dipshit that tries!

EvasiveEF9
08-12-2007, 03:27 PM
LoL, I'd pay 5K to see that actually take place, and to know how it was pulled off.

SL65AMG
08-13-2007, 07:02 PM
^^ go try it. then you save 5k and get a little O.J.T. while youre at it

I <3 my EF
08-14-2007, 01:52 AM
LoL, I'd pay 5K to see that actually take place, and to know how it was pulled off.
Well there are a couple steps to do that, these steps are for Mody Air Force Base:
#1. Get onto the base. There are a few ways to do this you could work as a contractor for the base. You could work at the bxpx. You could work at the commisary. You could just take the id off of anybody working on the base but pray they don't have %100 id check that day.
#2. Wait on base without causing to much suspicion. Impossible since all Mps at Moody don't work the gate. So now that they have nothing better to do with there lives; they now drive around all day looking for anyone going 26mph in a 25 zone. Or any suspicious activity. Or any DUI's.
#3. Break into the car. Kinda hard when all the Mps just drive around looking for people to Harass.
#4. Drive the car off base. Again kinda impossible when there is only one gate open and the gaurds that saw you come in just saw you leave in a different car.
But once you accomplish these task you should be free to go.

jfrolang
08-14-2007, 06:40 AM
I don't know about the air force, but Army posts are ALWAYS 100% ID check.

Truth about the MPs.

Now can we stop talking about stealing my car? :rolleyes:

Thundercat
08-14-2007, 08:19 AM
Well there are a couple steps to do that, these steps are for Mody Air Force Base:
#1. Get onto the base. There are a few ways to do this you could work as a contractor for the base. You could work at the bxpx. You could work at the commisary. You could just take the id off of anybody working on the base but pray they don't have %100 id check that day.
#2. Wait on base without causing to much suspicion. Impossible since all Mps at Moody don't work the gate. So now that they have nothing better to do with there lives; they now drive around all day looking for anyone going 26mph in a 25 zone. Or any suspicious activity. Or any DUI's.
#3. Break into the car. Kinda hard when all the Mps just drive around looking for people to Harass.
#4. Drive the car off base. Again kinda impossible when there is only one gate open and the gaurds that saw you come in just saw you leave in a different car.
But once you accomplish these task you should be free to go.

+1

Papa_Smurf
08-14-2007, 11:07 AM
alright, i'm game.

who's down for stealing jeff's car? lol

but seriously, dont you park your car other places too? like the movies, restaurants and shit like that....i'd definitely have an alarm on that shit

bigdare23
08-14-2007, 01:31 PM
alright, i'm game.

who's down for stealing jeff's car? lol

but seriously, dont you park your car other places too? like the movies, restaurants and shit like that....i'd definitely have an alarm on that shit

Seriously he doesnt need an alarm.

Papa_Smurf
08-14-2007, 01:57 PM
lol alright dude, i'll drop it.

i'm just sayin his car is clean as fuck, and if he ever left it anywhere outside of the base then i'd be worried.

but i'll drop it.

StraightSix
08-14-2007, 04:12 PM

The first "leg" I was in the back behind a lot of people. When I could get past people, I did. I think you had taken off when I was behind Ben and the MINI.

Oh, and for the record, I don't do much with the SCCA. I got involved with NASA through the work for credit program. NASA has more of a driver's education focus than SCCA does. My car, as it sits, isn't competitive for SCCA autocross. In fact, I don't really know what class I would be in now that I've done the MPFI swap, SI cam, and DA rear disk brakes.

jfrolang
08-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Well I said before, security is taken care of. My car won't make tons of pointless noise if you bump it, but you're not getting it. I promise.

toonz
08-14-2007, 10:32 PM
I promise too! LOL

EvasiveEF9
08-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Damn, I'm surprised at the votes for the Atlanta Cruise...I really didn't think that would be that popular...

Just a couple more days and I'll take this down. Ya'll try to get everyone to vote.

Papa_Smurf
08-15-2007, 10:49 PM
i'd like to see the prices on the andretti speed lab.... i have a feeling it's going to be quite expensive.

StraightSix
08-15-2007, 11:54 PM
Andretti is rather expensive, iirc. I went once several years ago to a BMWCCA event. It was fun, but not quite worth it. Although, that might have been because I didn't really know any of them and I wasn't posting very competitive lap times.

EvasiveEF9
08-16-2007, 07:36 AM
I got the information in my email...I'll try to get it all up tonight.

bigdare23
08-16-2007, 10:48 AM
looks like I'll be preparing the next meet................

Papa_Smurf
08-20-2007, 06:24 PM
lol

EvasiveEF9
08-21-2007, 11:37 PM
Sorry to have been away...between work, planning, school, and alcohol...I've been absent from my Squad. I'm back...