PDA

View Full Version : General Chat 350z question

koukis14
08-07-2007, 08:46 PM
My 240 is about to turn over to 80k miles. We just got a 350 Z on trade at work with 80K on it. I could drive it home for a little over 13k. The sales manager told me he could give me a nice chunk of change for the 240 on trade......woth it, or just wait and get a package 2 GTI DSG when I can afford it..........in a year or rwo.

HaYZ
08-07-2007, 08:52 PM
ive never driven a GTI but personally i LOVE my Z. :D Plus Z's are wayyyy sexier than GTI's! ;)

Hundo®
08-07-2007, 09:15 PM
GTI's are alright cars, but

#1 they're fwd
#2 even with a chip and a tune on the GTI my Z is sitll faster
#3 the Z is way sexier
#4 for 13k... you better buy the Z...
#5 if you've never driven a Z ill let you ride in mine.. it's slightly modded and you'll do nothing but love it.

R32Dragon
08-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Join the Z club, chicks dig Zs...

81911SC
08-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Z's Don't really do it for me. GTI's are starting too. Don't listen to me.

ATK_Designs
08-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Join the Z club, chicks dig Zs...

Nope... Join the G club. The G will hit her spot. :taun:

KPowerEP3
08-08-2007, 01:46 PM
RWD>FWD ...yes I know I drive a Honda, but still
VQ35 is stout, torquey and sounds GREAT
350 just has a great curb appeal to it
I promise, The Z will be faster, and so much more fun to drive, the suspension on those things is really nice...besides, even for an 03 $13,xxx is NOT a bad price at all OTD for a Z.

RealRHDSil80
08-09-2007, 09:44 AM
13K for a Z......you better get it. 80K on a 240? damn that's nice. all original?

AnthonyF
08-09-2007, 09:56 AM
leave the 240 behind. :)

Kayfunk-pm'd

DieselNuts
08-09-2007, 10:04 AM
go with the Z

scionara
08-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Thats a hard one! But i couldnt wait so i would get the Z

Maniaç
08-09-2007, 10:27 AM
GTI's are alright cars, but

#1 they're fwd
#2 even with a chip and a tune on the GTI my Z is sitll faster
#3 the Z is way sexier
#4 for 13k... you better buy the Z...
#5 if you've never driven a Z ill let you ride in mine.. it's slightly modded and you'll do nothing but love it.

Nothing wrong with front wheel drive cars. unless you're thinking on getting into road racing, why should it? Ive raced a GTI with a chip and acouple bolt-on's, and it moved alot faster then most Z's. I agree with oyu about the Z being sexier. yes, get it if its 13k. ive driven a Z before.. wasn't to impress by it.. has great throttle responses, and very nice top end.

but its way to much money to get them into high horsepower levels. Unless you spray. Id test both of them out, and go from there. one person may like the Z and another might like the GTI. but they are not the ones getting, you are.

S II K
08-09-2007, 11:10 AM
u cant do shit to a z

AnthonyF
08-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Nothing wrong with front wheel drive cars. unless you're thinking on getting into road racing, why should it? Ive raced a GTI with a chip and acouple bolt-on's, and it moved alot faster then most Z's. I agree with oyu about the Z being sexier. yes, get it if its 13k. ive driven a Z before.. wasn't to impress by it.. has great throttle responses, and very nice top end.

but its way to much money to get them into high horsepower levels. Unless you spray. Id test both of them out, and go from there. one person may like the Z and another might like the GTI. but they are not the ones getting, you are.

not all Z's are sexier. when they are bone stock...they are BLAH. But after a few mods (lips, kits, rims, lowered) they look great

Kyle
08-09-2007, 11:25 AM
ive never driven a GTI but personally i LOVE my Z. :D Plus Z's are wayyyy sexier than GTI's! ;)
Psssshhh. You havent seen the right GTI's.

koukis14
08-09-2007, 12:08 PM
13K for a Z......you better get it. 80K on a 240? damn that's nice. all original?

Intake, Headers, high flow cat, echaust, z32 front calipers and rotors. It's a 98, not body kits or wheels.

Hundo®
08-09-2007, 03:43 PM
u cant do shit to a z

i could do 600 rwhp with $10,000 into my Z, that's an 11 second car, you can do whatever you want to Z's.. they're monsters.

Kevykev
08-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Easy Decision - what year is the Z?

03 or 04?

SpeedMonkey
08-09-2007, 04:54 PM

no offense moron. but MOST Z's everyone races (julio, Paul (admin) you, Benwaballs, TTAZ02) just are not all that fast...

however ALL of you got beat. by me. how? ... hmmmmm..

the Z car is not a straight line car.. therefore someone like you (straight line racer) should not be dishing out opinions like your fucking jeremy Clarkson.

THANKS.

SpeedMonkey
08-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Get the Z dude.

want it faster? ...

get some sticky tires.
- Intake.
-2 step colder plugs.
-NX kit. (spray 100shot.. on stock timing stock A/F (richen it up a bit using right Fuel Jet with the nitrous)
-Test Pipes, Custom single 3.5" exhaust.
-AEM EUGO to keep an eye on things

bam.. you have a 370whp + 400wtq + 350z. capable of low 12's trapping well over 110mph. spray it when you need it. all for less than $2000.00

SpeedMonkey
08-09-2007, 05:04 PM
u cant do shit to a z

correction.. DUSTIN couldnt do shit to a Z.

i dusted Billy's old G35 when dustin hung with him
i pulled billy's friend Josh's Z3 M coupe dustin couldnt
and had so many "all other 350z's i've raced are just not fast" yet i won races.

without the Right Bolt ons, you're not gonna do anything to the car

i ran a shitty ass 14.2 with a 2.3XX 60' on near dead KDW's.... my trap speed was 104mph, i weighed (then) 280lbs... with NO weight reduction on the car whatsoever. i was trapping 4 to 7 mph higher than any other Z @ commerce and at Silver dollar. sure i could have just been that much of a better driver right?... im sure if my driving skills had anything to do with my times/speed my weight disadvantage voided that out quickly considering most guys there were small drivers and all had lighter models (i have a touring).

my bolt ons: SLP intake kit, Borla True Dual Exhaust. the end.

there is a popular Z driver that works for Stone Mtn Park as a cop. his name is warren. drove a blue 350z with same bolt ons to mine plus testpipes and a flash. guy ran low 13's and trapped 107mph +. all motor simple bolt ons and a flash. .. thats decent to me.

Kyle
08-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Also remember you can run high 13's with a Mk4 GTi with boltons and a chip, so a Mk5 should be a little better. Both times should be comparable to a stock Z.

Hundo®
08-09-2007, 06:35 PM
Get the Z dude.

want it faster? ...

get some sticky tires.
- Intake.
-2 step colder plugs.
-NX kit. (spray 100shot.. on stock timing stock A/F (richen it up a bit using right Fuel Jet with the nitrous)
-Test Pipes, Custom single 3.5" exhaust.
-AEM EUGO to keep an eye on things

bam.. you have a 370whp + 400wtq + 350z. capable of low 12's trapping well over 110mph. spray it when you need it. all for less than $2000.00

BAM.

R32Dragon
08-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Also remember you can run high 13's with a Mk4 GTi with boltons and a chip, so a Mk5 should be a little better. Both times should be comparable to a stock Z.

I noticed you're selling your GTI... saving up for a Z maybe?

OneSlow5pt0
08-09-2007, 07:45 PM

i hope he dont......:(

Z33_kid
08-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Z !!!

Kyle
08-09-2007, 08:26 PM
lol. No I have the money for a Z but I'm buying another GTI. :D

OneSlow5pt0
08-09-2007, 08:38 PM
lol. No I have the money for a Z but I'm buying another GTI. :D

good man,repped:goodjob:

Kyle
08-09-2007, 08:40 PM
good man,repped:goodjob:
Thanks I guess. Plus insurance on a Z is FTMFL.

OneSlow5pt0
08-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Thanks I guess. Plus insurance on a Z is FTMFL.

lo,i just mean....G35/Zs are good cars their just getting common

Driftk1d350z
08-09-2007, 08:49 PM
they're both great cars but id say go for the Z for the curb appeal, plus its a great deal. In 10-15 years if you have it it'll be a classic(maybe)

Maniaç
08-10-2007, 04:44 PM
no offense moron. but MOST Z's everyone races (julio, Paul (admin) you, Benwaballs, TTAZ02) just are not all that fast...Before i reply to your post, explain to me how my post makes me sound like a moron? if you're gonna talk shit, take that shit to the whores lounge, no need to fuck up this thread.. with worthless drama.. thanks.
but im sure even with my stg 2 set up, id be able to beat everyone in that list, for the exception for John(benwaballs). i raced him with out my em, and got pulled, not that much but decent.

however ALL of you got beat. by me. how? ... hmmmmm..you're never let that run go huh? ok, so you claim to have pulled me, hard! well if you call pulling it back(40-130) after 130 is hard then shit, ive pulled a shit load of cars hard. we've raced several times, back when i was slower, you would always pull me up top.. am i right or wrong?

im sure you're gonna agrue about this, but all those times we ran.. most of the time it was 80-90 degree weather.. don't know about you, but my car doesn't like that very much.. especially with that small ass baby turbo i had. lol.

the Z car is not a straight line car.. therefore someone like you (straight line racer) should not be dishing out opinions like your fucking jeremy Clarkson.

THANKS.Thats why they're called "opinions".. you're telling me that i can't post up opinions? lol. you're a fucking fool... i am a straight line racer, thats why i know the diffrence between a GTI and a Z. ive raced both.. all the Z's except yours have been slow as balls.. not worth my time, who knows.. maybe you can drive the shit out of it.. don't really care.. but MOST Z drivers can't, and thats whats given yall cars a bad name. as for GTI's, the ones i raced, lost, but kept up alot better then the normal Z drivers ive raced.

thread starter, test drive both and go from there...

SpeedMonkey
08-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Before i reply to your post, explain to me how my post makes me sound like a moron? if you're gonna talk shit, take that shit to the whores lounge, no need to fuck up this thread.. with worthless drama.. thanks.
but im sure even with my stg 2 set up, id be able to beat everyone in that list, for the exception for John(benwaballs). i raced him with out my em, and got pulled, not that much but decent.

you're never let that run go huh? ok, so you claim to have pulled me, hard! well if you call pulling it back(40-130) after 130 is hard then shit, ive pulled a shit load of cars hard. we've raced several times, back when i was slower, you would always pull me up top.. am i right or wrong?

im sure you're gonna agrue about this, but all those times we ran.. most of the time it was 80-90 degree weather.. don't know about you, but my car doesn't like that very much.. especially with that small ass baby turbo i had. lol.

Thats why they're called "opinions".. you're telling me that i can't post up opinions? lol. you're a fucking fool... i am a straight line racer, thats why i know the diffrence between a GTI and a Z. ive raced both.. all the Z's except yours have been slow as balls.. not worth my time, who knows.. maybe you can drive the shit out of it.. don't really care.. but MOST Z drivers can't, and thats whats given yall cars a bad name. as for GTI's, the ones i raced, lost, but kept up alot better then the normal Z drivers ive raced.

thread starter, test drive both and go from there...

we are arguing which is better for the value. everything goes... handling, looks... the guy wants a true sports car iif he's a true enthusiast. therefore the Z excels.

dont give me that shit..every 350z just happens to be slow until everyone races mine right? shit... come on.. i made very good points.. you lost to me numerous times.. when shit got serious and i raped the car.. i pulled you. YOU CANT ARGUE THAT. YOU GOT PULLED. if you didnt want to get beat bad you should have stopped @ 110mph.

like you said benwaballs pulled you. there are videos of me and Benwabals racing back to back.. like racing each other's reflection till i finally pull a fender @ like 150.

im not being a dick, just that you are arguing something stupid. the Z is a much better all around sports car than a WRX or a GTi. END OF STORY.

just look at the way things are... HEAT affects every car. not just yours.. you trapped 101. i trapped 104. that alone tells the highway story.

Maniaç
08-10-2007, 05:02 PM
we are arguing which is better for the value. everything goes... handling, looks... the guy wants a true sports car iif he's a true enthusiast. therefore the Z excels. this IS true

dont give me that shit..every 350z just happens to be slow until everyone races mine right? shit... come on.. i made very good points.. you lost to me numerous times.. when shit got serious and i raped the car.. i pulled you. YOU CANT ARGUE THAT. YOU GOT PULLED. if you didnt want to get beat bad you should have stopped @ 110mph. yes, they are all slow. EXCEPT yours, don't know why BUT its true. im not saying i didn't get pulled, but everytime you say i PULLED YOU! you're trying to sound like you put 10 cars on me, which i doubt you could ever do.
probably the reason WHY i never let off, was to see how and at what mph you would pull me, and from all those times we ran, id say 120-130 was the average... not bad. Z > WRX = when it comes to top end.

like you said benwaballs pulled you. there are videos of me and Benwabals racing back to back.. like racing each other's reflection till i finally pull a fender @ like 150. john also had 260something whp. i DIDN'T. he had alot more upgrades, i only had a DOWN PIPE/ EXHAUST. remember that one night when bucky(type r), john, i ran andy? rememebr that video. in the last part of the video you john and me are running.. all three of us are almost dead even... explain that!

im not being a dick, just that you are arguing something stupid. the Z is a much better all around sports car than a WRX or a GTi. END OF STORY.You can't compare a 26k dollar wrx with a 35k dollar Z. why, my car ISN'T a sports car, and you know that, so why say it?

just look at the way things are... HEAT affects every car. not just yours.. you trapped 101. i trapped 104. that alone tells the highway story.when i trapped 101, i had alot more mods, when i ran you i only had TWO. back then im sure id be trapping high 90's, not low 100's.
remember, the top mount and that mod you showed me, really helped my top end..