PDA

View Full Version : texas import scene

ksinao
08-07-2007, 08:27 PM
pretty much doesn't exist. i moved to right outside of dallas two weeks ago. and the import scene is dead. i have seen a one stock evo and a couple stis. and some riced out civics, and old beat up preludes with exhaust. but besides that i have seen nothing. no cars that i would look twice at. nothing at all. it's kind of sad....

Evil Goat
08-07-2007, 08:29 PM
dont know much about texas, but my cousin drove out to san diego when he was stationed there via houston and said the car scene there was out of control on the weekends

gtikid
08-07-2007, 08:31 PM
I thought the import scene was big in Houston, not Dallas? :thinking:

On_Her_Face
08-07-2007, 08:31 PM
i know houstin has a big import scene.. donno about dallas though

ksinao
08-07-2007, 08:39 PM
i guess that makes sense. Houston is more 'happening' city then dallas. dallas is kind of hick.

Revmaynard
08-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Maybe you can get tight shit cheap!

cactusEG
08-07-2007, 08:47 PM
pretty much doesn't exist. i moved to right outside of dallas two weeks ago. and the import scene is dead. i have seen a one stock evo and a couple stis. and some riced out civics, and old beat up preludes with exhaust. but besides that i have seen nothing. no cars that i would look twice at. nothing at all. it's kind of sad....

all the good shit is in H-town

Sol-Badguy
08-07-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm sorry you have to live there?

cactusEG
08-07-2007, 09:47 PM
just look harder..

wantboost
08-07-2007, 09:54 PM
just look harder..
what he said. i go there for a month out of the year and the "scene" seems pretty fair

ksinao
08-08-2007, 05:15 PM
I'm sorry you have to live there?

yeah me too. ill be back in GA in a few months.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-09-2007, 01:10 AM
man, I'm out here in San Antonio.. and there ain't shit here..

but like Cactus told me, they have a forum and all.. so I just joined.. they had some problems with the old site and just revamped it and launched it lastweek

Marty
08-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Dude, are you blind? The import scene is huge in Dallas! Where do you live? I used to live in Carrollton and work in Plano. Jotech is in Garland, and F.I.S. is in McKinney. I haven't been back in 3 years but there used to be meets in Frisco and Carrollton every week. Bigger than Varsity.

Sol-Badguy
08-09-2007, 09:29 AM
yeah me too. ill be back in GA in a few months.
Good to know.

Sorry, I forgot what happened. Did you ever get another car after the Impreza?

ksinao
08-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Dude, are you blind? The import scene is huge in Dallas! Where do you live? I used to live in Carrollton and work in Plano. Jotech is in Garland, and F.I.S. is in McKinney. I haven't been back in 3 years but there used to be meets in Frisco and Carrollton every week. Bigger than Varsity.

i mean, i havent looked around for meets or anything. im just going by what im seeing on the streets. which is next to nothing.

ksinao
08-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Good to know.

Sorry, I forgot what happened. Did you ever get another car after the Impreza?

yeah, i just picked up a 96 maxima from an auto auction. 130k miles, and spotless in and out for 1700. im gonna do a little work on that.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-09-2007, 07:17 PM
well from what I've seen/talked to there are like two teams out in SA, that I know of, team ola and j werk..

and their up in the air for meetings and all

ksinao
08-09-2007, 07:26 PM
SA in 5 hours away though

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-09-2007, 07:27 PM
I know Houston is 2 hours or so from here.. so maybe I'll get some luck there.. but I'm not to hard pressed to look for tuners..

ksinao
08-09-2007, 08:18 PM
i wasnt saying i was trying to find meets or teams or anything. i was just commenting on the lack of nice cars i saw on the streets.

Echonova
08-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Dude, are you blind? The import scene is huge in Dallas! Where do you live? I used to live in Carrollton and work in Plano. Jotech is in Garland, and F.I.S. is in McKinney. I haven't been back in 3 years but there used to be meets in Frisco and Carrollton every week. Bigger than Varsity.I just visited my brother in Plano, if I had to live their I'd sell the Sexilvia and buy a Subaru rally car to handle potholes. They have some of the most messed up roads I've seen.

SpecV_Scott
08-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Take the 3hour trip down to Austin. Not only is there a decent import scene, but the whole damn city is straight badass. UT is there with 60,000 students, and 6th Street downtown gets blocked off to cars every weekend so that all of em can get drunk and party out in the street. TONS of bars, clubs, and restaurants. Definitely the live music capital of the southwest.

On a side note, on my last trip to TX, I tried to count how many 240s I came across (13hr trips are pretty boring!). I saw ONE S13 in Austin, and a about 3 S14s combined on I-20, in Austin, and in the DFW area. Makes me want to start building S13s in Georgia, and selling them in Texas.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-10-2007, 12:40 AM
I got a few friends out in Austin.. plan on going out there this weekend or the next

ksinao
08-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Take the 3hour trip down to Austin. Not only is there a decent import scene, but the whole damn city is straight badass. UT is there with 60,000 students, and 6th Street downtown gets blocked off to cars every weekend so that all of em can get drunk and party out in the street. TONS of bars, clubs, and restaurants. Definitely the live music capital of the southwest.

On a side note, on my last trip to TX, I tried to count how many 240s I came across (13hr trips are pretty boring!). I saw ONE S13 in Austin, and a about 3 S14s combined on I-20, in Austin, and in the DFW area. Makes me want to start building S13s in Georgia, and selling them in Texas.

i know, i used to live there.

badass city

CBR
08-21-2007, 11:49 PM

We were at JoTech last year, as I remember, it was bumping.

In my current town, the import scene is dead... a bunch of ricers and donks hanging out at rent-a-wheel is the big sheezy in these parts.

3.5altman
08-22-2007, 02:24 AM
I drove to texas for spring break and there roads are hella straight and i couldnt find a cop for shit! I would love to do some runs on a roads like that! I seen a couple clean whips!