PDA

View Full Version : Random-Pocket bike question

1NonlyAccord
08-07-2007, 12:58 PM
ok so i have a ninja super bike.just bought a new 49cc engine,clutch..got it all hooked up and mounted last night..got it cranked..but it spins backwards..any way i can get it going the right way? its a free floating sprocket in the back so it just spins around since its going in reverse pretty much.it needs to go the other way for it to catch and tire to spin.:thinking: Random i kno..but its general tech

allmotoronly
08-07-2007, 06:20 PM
theres no way to get the engine to spin the other way...

james
08-07-2007, 08:11 PM
49cc.....weak.

you need to check craigslist for super pocket bikes. my buddy got one for 300, 110cc. it hauls.

madking411
08-07-2007, 10:51 PM
u probably need to put a CVT on it....or any other kind of pocketbike or miniscooter gear-reduction tranny that'll reverse the direction of the engine's rotation....

Haha....i just transferred from a pocketbike/mini-scooter forum and upgraded to cars so i know a lot more about minibikes than i do about cars so far...:D

speedminded
08-08-2007, 09:19 AM
u probably need to put a CVT on it....or any other kind of pocketbike or miniscooter gear-reduction tranny that'll reverse the direction of the engine's rotation....

Haha....i just transferred from a pocketbike/mini-scooter forum and upgraded to cars so i know a lot more about minibikes than i do about cars so far...:DHow is a continuously variable transmission gonna reverse the engines rotation? :thinking:

sullen
08-08-2007, 09:24 AM
How is a continuously variable transmission gonna reverse the engines rotation? :thinking:

its not, from the front of the engine, it should spin clockwise, counter from the rear. go look at the flywheel, if it spins counter clockwise, then its fine.the engine does not spin backwards unless you have it in gear and drag it backwards.

madking411
08-08-2007, 10:26 AM
yes it will.....the ones from the china pocketbikes DO reverse the engines rotation.

1NonlyAccord
08-08-2007, 10:31 AM
yes it will.....the ones from the china pocketbikes DO reverse the engines rotation.

Thats what i have..a china 49cc engine..it came with a knock off CVT tranny.but it was facing the wrong way..so i bought a clutch..and it spins the chain backwards.il go take sum pics of it in a sec.

1NonlyAccord
08-08-2007, 10:46 AM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i243/mr_crispy1011/engi.jpg
ok theres the engine and clutch, it spins the wrong way.the red arrow shows.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i243/mr_crispy1011/cvt.jpg
heres the tranny it came with,but how it was mounted i cant evn get a chain to it..so idk..