PDA

View Full Version : Misc Is Whey Protein all the same?

Sayajin
08-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Hey guys.

I know that there are a lot of people who come to this part of the forums that are into weight lifting and other workout programs/sessions. So I figure that this is a good place to ask my question.

Well its a pretty commonly accepted fact that if you are going to start working out and doing weight training, that the best type of protein to take (besides of course natural ones gotten from foods) is Whey protein.

Well here is my question. Lets say you are looking at 3 different brands of Whey protein, are they all the same besides flavor and taste? I mean as far as how well the body can absorb and process the protein? Or do some brands work better than others?

I mean logically one would think that as long as its all Whey protein, you would want to find the cheapest price for the biggest bag that has the most possible protein per serving. Is that indeed the case or does brand matter?

In the event that they are NOT all the same and the difference in brand does matter besides in flavor and cost, what are the top 2-3 brands to get?

Thanks a lot for the help guys. I have been wondering this for a while and figure this would be a good place to ask.

-Sayajin

iEvo
08-07-2007, 10:00 AM
i know there are lean proteins and non lean proteins. i was wondering why it was kinda difficult for me to try and build mass untill i figured out that i was taking a lean protein, so i switched and noticed a difference. im using this stuff called en-large its like 52g per serving but each serving is 4 scoops but it works