PDA

View Full Version : So who should I sue?/Lawyers are the scum of the earth.

superboost
08-07-2007, 06:03 AM
I posted on this awhile back. I got stopped and cited for a reckless driving back in jan. The officer said he "didn't like my attitude" when I asked him for an accuracy check on his radar (he didn't set off my laser/lidar detector). Well, the officer detained me for nearly 3 hours in the back of the squad car and searched the car from bumper to bumper while I watched and my gf sat on the side of the road.

Long story short, I hired an attorney, he appealed and that was denied. Anyway, turns out, that the search was illegal and another attorney I talked with wants to sue the state for illegal search and detainment.

However, it gets more interesting, as the Attorney I hired to appeal did it wrong. This next attorney I talked with wants to sue the previous one for malpractice. He says the last attorney I hired blew my case and took my money.

At this point, I'm pretty sure all attorneys are scum and only want to scam you out of your money. Anyway, which one should I sue.

This is just pissing me off and costing me all sorts of time and money.

edit: damn 5am spelling errors.

B18CDELSLO
08-07-2007, 06:47 AM
both!!!

KPowerEP3
08-07-2007, 07:16 AM
both!!!
x2. Illegal Search is a big deal, as is legal malpractice, although I will say I would prioritize the state over the other attorney.

DieselNuts
08-07-2007, 07:20 AM
Id go with this new attorney. A whole hell of a lot of lawyers are nothing but scum, but I had one that I thought was very good. I guess it boils down to wether they do their job because they love it or they do it for the money.

The Ninja
08-07-2007, 12:03 PM
I'd do it for the money. In the capitalistic flow of thought, it would be more beneficial to do it for the money, at least on paper. Think of it this way, if you did it for the money, and did a damn good job, you would either: a) Win more or b) Win bigger cases, either way they both provide more $$$. Of course they do it for the money, anyone who tells you otherwise is lying, because they damn well aren't doing it for the good of the world.

redrumracer
08-07-2007, 12:53 PM
sue both and get paid

Whiteboy™
08-07-2007, 12:57 PM
sue both.

osiriskidd
08-07-2007, 01:14 PM
both!

Glides
08-07-2007, 01:40 PM
If you are going to sue anyone, sue em both. Illegal search simply for the reason of him being angry that you questioned his authority is incredibly lame and he needs to get his ass at least hauled in front of a judge. Sounds like you were the victim in both cases, hang em high man.

HeLLo iM iZzY
08-07-2007, 01:42 PM
BOTH !