PDA

View Full Version : Emissions and registration

gtikid
08-07-2007, 12:20 AM
I bought my hatch earlier this year and I got the emissions done on it around february so I could register the car. Well my birthday is next month so obviously I have to pay to renew my tag. Do I have to do emissions again to be able to renew my tag? I know emissions are good for a year but since I already used it earlier this year are they gonna let me use it again or am I gonna have to get emissions done again before I pay my taxes and renew my tag? I sure as hell hope I don't have to do emissions again :(

Dirty Octopus™
08-07-2007, 06:51 AM
:yes:

n1accord
08-07-2007, 07:16 AM
Find the one you took in Feb. and take it to the office with you. It should still be able to be used. But you have to show it t them again. Ithink that's what the lady told me. Gotta do mines to sooooooooo.....keep me posted and I'll keep you posted. :goodjob:

gtikid
08-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Welllllll I got my emissions done by a friend :ninja: So I don't have the paper stating that I got my emissions done, since it automatically populates in the system. That sucks for me. I guess I should go ask them, or renew it by mail and play dumb :D

scttydb411
08-07-2007, 06:08 PM
i thought i read somewhere that the emissions certificate is only good 30-60 days prior to your birthday if you are renewing registration. check the clean air force page or the web page for your county's tax collector/vehicle registration.

gtikid
08-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Fuck me that blows...I'll go up there on my day off and confirm. Wish me luck

thecoolcutter
08-07-2007, 09:17 PM
I got this information of the GEORGIA's CLEAN AIR FORCE campaign website:

The Georgia Vehicle Emission Inspection Report (VIR) will be on record electronically at the tag office.

Within 12 months, a vehicle may be sold numerous times using the same valid VIR.

This information leads me to believe that VIR is valid for 12 months, and even if you don't have a hardcopy of the VIR it will be on record at the tag office. :D :goodjob:

My conclusion could be wrong though.

scttydb411
08-08-2007, 04:26 PM

The Georgia Vehicle Emission Inspection Report (VIR) will be on record electronically at the tag office.

Within 12 months, a vehicle may be sold numerous times using the same valid VIR.

This information leads me to believe that VIR is valid for 12 months, and even if you don't have a hardcopy of the VIR it will be on record at the tag office. :D :goodjob:

that is correct, but if you aren't registering a purchase and merely renewing your existing registration it is only valid for 30-60 days prior to your birthday.

gtikid
08-09-2007, 01:32 AM

I got excited after reading then.......

that is correct, but if you aren't registering a purchase and merely renewing your existing registration it is only valid for 30-60 days prior to your birthday.

And then sad after reading this :( Man that really blows....that's even more money to fork out. Ok well how about this too. I bought a car about a week ago. Another hatch, with a stock motor. I know that car will pass emissions for sure. But should I register my car now, even though my birthday is in a month? Or would I have to pay to register and then to renew since it's before my birthday?

scttydb411
08-09-2007, 09:57 AM
taken from ga clean air force:
What if I am registering my vehicle early?
GCAF recommends the vehicle be tested four to six weeks prior to the registration renewal date, however the vehicle may be tested earlier if needed. A Georgia Vehicle Emission Inspection Report (VIR) is valid for 12 months or one registration renewal, by the same owner. GCAF recommends contacting your tag office to determine if they will allow a registration renewal prior to the normal renewal period (more than 60 days prior to the motorist's registration renewal date).

Footefan52
08-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Yeah I had to redo mine only after like 6 months...it sucks but hey what can you do?