PDA

View Full Version : Court question- help, i have court tomorrow morning!

james
08-06-2007, 10:51 PM
So i got a speeding ticket the other day. it was my first ticket ever. i'd prefer to have a clean record or at least not pay the 210 dollars. someone mentioned that i could ask the judge if i could take some traffic classes to lower the fine.

so to do this am i pleading guilty or not guilty?

thanks, and wish me luck. please!

james

sullen
08-06-2007, 10:52 PM
just pay the fine and wait your 3 years and itll be gone. wont go on insurance if its less than 14 over

james
08-06-2007, 10:56 PM
just pay the fine and wait your 3 years and itll be gone. wont go on insurance if its less than 14 over

15 over. damn.

Echonova
08-06-2007, 10:57 PM
So i got a speeding ticket the other day. it was my first ticket ever. i'd prefer to have a clean record or at least not pay the 210 dollars. someone mentioned that i could ask the judge if i could take some traffic classes to lower the fine.

jamesGo on the lamb, won't cost you a dime.

Leadfoot_mf
08-06-2007, 11:00 PM
wow way to go perry mason nothing like being prepared for court.

KevinT707
08-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Ask if you can get it reduced 1 MPH & tell them you're willing to do community service since you haven't done it yet + Defensive Driving class; ask for the solicitor and dress professional.

tippatone
08-07-2007, 02:42 AM
What city/county some places give you the opyion of no low which means you plead guity and pay a fine without your joint getting points on it

HalfBaked
08-07-2007, 02:45 AM
Ask for a plea bargain.

Plead guilty but only if they drop the speed. It works 90% of the time all the time.

RandomGuy
08-07-2007, 02:46 AM
go in tomorrow get a continuance

they'll extend your court date for like a month? (depending on where it is)

and then you can get your shit together and go back

osnap
08-07-2007, 02:46 AM
Ask if you can get it reduced 1 MPH & tell them you're willing to do community service since you haven't done it yet + Defensive Driving class; ask for the solicitor and dress professional.

Reps if i can for the best advice possible. This is EXACTLY what you ought to do.

What city/county some places give you the opyion of no low which means you plead guity and pay a fine without your joint getting points on it

LOL @ "no low". its nolo.... as in "nolo contendere". and if its only 15 over, you'll probably want to go for that 1mph reduction 1st to eliminate the offense from your record and reserve that nolo plea for a more serious offense, as you can only use it once every 5 years iirc.

tippatone
08-07-2007, 02:58 AM
I know but i was assuming he never heard of it so i was wording it so it could look like it sounded, but since i am in english class i will cross my t's and dot my i's, OK:goodjob:
Reps if i can for the best advice possible. This is EXACTLY what you ought to do.

LOL @ "no low". its nolo.... as in "nolo contendere". and if its only 15 over, you'll probably want to go for that 1mph reduction 1st to eliminate the offense from your record and reserve that nolo plea for a more serious offense, as you can only use it once every 5 years iirc.

osnap
08-07-2007, 03:13 AM
orly? thank god you could provide the proper phonetic pronunciation. :jerkit:

lol i was just letting ya know, no need to get defensive about it

tippatone
08-07-2007, 03:15 AM
I was just joking with ya please get a sense of humor:D
orly? thank god you could provide the proper phonetic pronunciation. :jerkit:

lol i was just letting ya know, no need to get defensive about it

Psycho
08-07-2007, 03:17 AM

james
For any plea bargain you are pleading guilty. So first you must plea not guilty in order to talk to the solicitor.
They're going to try to put you through as much punishment as possible. So if you want a mph knocked off, just tell them that but let them decide the punishment for themselves. Don't offer to do any community service or anything else unless they say no.

osnap
08-07-2007, 03:18 AM
I was just joking with ya please get a sense of humor:D
it seems ive mis-read your e-humor. lol i was jfwy too.... now lets get outta here before this gets gay and we hug or something. :lmfao:

tippatone
08-07-2007, 03:21 AM
LMAO:lmfao:
it seems ive mis-read your e-humor. lol i was jfwy too.... now lets get outta here before this gets gay and we hug or something. :lmfao:

Psycho
08-07-2007, 03:22 AM
Usually they will want you to attend a victim's impact panel. In which you go into an auditorium at the Gwinnett Justice Center, and listen to a guy with one leg babble about how shitty his life is for about an hour. But if you offer to do community service they will gladly make you do that as well.

tippatone
08-07-2007, 03:23 AM
This may be off topic but has anyone has the pleasure of being hassled by the city of east point i think they are corrupt

james
08-07-2007, 10:48 AM

judge said anyone there could plead not guilty, guilty, nolo, motion to hire a lawyer, or pre-trial. I decided to do pretrial. this way i could talk to a prosecutor about what I did. So i sat down in this guy's office, and without saying a word he was like "well heres what I can do". and he said he would lower it 2 mph. This way, no insurance rates increase, and it was $50 less than it was at 15 over.

fuck continuance.

btw there were some fucking derelicts in there. jeez, some fuckers didnt even dress nicely, and they were laughin and shit. wtf are they thinkin?

Dirty Octopus™
08-07-2007, 12:18 PM
stop being such a NOOB. :gay:
you've got a LOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG way till anything really threatening happens to your life :headslap:
pay the friggin fine and move along.

james
08-07-2007, 12:54 PM
stop being such a NOOB. :gay:
you've got a LOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG way till anything really threatening happens to your life :headslap:
pay the friggin fine and move along.

thanks for the advice douchebag. a day late. and horrible advice at that.

RISKYB
08-07-2007, 01:47 PM
plead nolo and pay the fine, atleast no points will be isued

Dirty Octopus™
08-07-2007, 01:53 PM
stop being a NOOB and untie your wad of panty. pay the fine and keep living

5spdfrk
08-07-2007, 10:11 PM
This may be off topic but has anyone has the pleasure of being hassled by the city of east point i think they are corrupt
Got a court date with them next week.

Leadfoot_mf
08-07-2007, 10:14 PM
judge said anyone there could plead not guilty, guilty, nolo, motion to hire a lawyer, or pre-trial. I decided to do pretrial. this way i could talk to a prosecutor about what I did. So i sat down in this guy's office, and without saying a word he was like "well heres what I can do". and he said he would lower it 2 mph. This way, no insurance rates increase, and it was $50 less than it was at 15 over.

fuck continuance.

btw there were some fucking derelicts in there. jeez, some fuckers didnt even dress nicely, and they were laughin and shit. wtf are they thinkin?
rock on yeah when ever i am feeling low and worthless i like to spend a day in court cheers me up every time.

KevinT707
08-08-2007, 12:40 AM

See what I mean, good advice eh? I'm not sure if your case was in Cobb but they're not very nice there; 99.9% of the time they will NOT lower the MPH. But yeah continuance would've been good if they weren't working in your favor so you could just get extra time by asking for it, then come back later with either a lawyer or have some community service hours + Def Driving & hope they are nicer this time around.

DO NOT listen to the fools that tell you to use your NOLO , don't waste it on a small speeding ticket cause you're only allowed 1 every 5 years.