PDA

View Full Version : Help! 99 civic ex

JDMef88
08-06-2007, 01:31 PM
ok so like 3 months ago, my car got messed up..it would run for awhile then shut off and the main relay would just click a couple times, oil light and battery light stay lit, as if i was to have the key in the on position...but then when i try and restart it just trys to turn over and just..click click click click...so i got a new ecu, new dizzy, new sparkplugs, new oil pump..and a speed sensor, cause honda said it needed all of this..with the 95$ check up. Ohh and i needed a new fuse box...witch is freaking retarted..whens the last time your fuse box just needed to all be replaced...anways...it magicly fixed my problem...well... for about a week and a half..now it does the same shit.. what could it be??? any other ideas...

99 civic ex
5spd
151k on body
82k on Motor

LMK THANKS!

silversol
08-06-2007, 01:33 PM
dead battery!

JDMef88
08-06-2007, 02:21 PM
my battery is fine.... no clue whats going on..just want my ej8 fixed :( i did just pay like 700$ to get it fixed.. :(

RBS
08-06-2007, 04:22 PM
check your fuses

Evil Goat
08-06-2007, 10:17 PM
if you paid honda 700 id be taking that bitch back with fire coming out of my ass telling them they didnt fix the problem

JDMef88
08-06-2007, 11:19 PM
well honda did not do the maitence my mechanic did...and i wounder why aall the stuff got fixed and worked for a week then shit on me ...its lame as fuck...i just want my car back..i mean damn...no car sucks balls

1civic
08-06-2007, 11:36 PM
If you have a short somewhere it could be just killing the Batt. Try replace the Batt and see if it cranks... Thats Just something to try on your own... :goodjob: ..

JDMef88
08-07-2007, 11:13 AM
batt is fine..just got a new one awhile back....who knows...ill give it a run- thanks for the suggestion..

1civic
08-07-2007, 12:04 PM
batt is fine..just got a new one awhile back....who knows...ill give it a run- thanks for the suggestion..

Its a Idea, Also I have seen troubles with ignition switches going bad on Hondas, But your car sounds a little different... But from what I have seen if you had a short in the chargeing system then it would slowly drain the Batt. That causeing you to come out one day and Click, Click,Click.. Thats why I said to put a New Batt. in it... If it don't work then Post Back... :goodjob: