PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Question Tire falling off rim???

Z32redondo
08-05-2007, 08:33 PM
Ok so basically the tire on the truck is going flat. You can actually hear it deflating. There is no hole or anything. The air is coming from where the tire goes into the rim. Could I just jack the truck up and deflate the tire and then put it back where it should be on the rim and then put the air back into the tire?

IDCoconut
08-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Were you doing any off-roading before it did this?

Sounds like the bead got pushed in. If it did, you could try deflating and re-inflating with the wheel/tire off the truck and see if you can get it to seal again. If no luck, get it re-mounted. Are you sure there isn;t a cut anywhere?

Get some wheels with beadlocks if you were using it off-road.

Z32redondo
08-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Were you doing any off-roading before it did this?

Sounds like the bead got pushed in. If it did, you could try deflating and re-inflating with the wheel/tire off the truck and see if you can get it to seal again. If no luck, get it re-mounted. Are you sure there isn;t a cut anywhere?

Get some wheels with beadlocks if you were using it off-road.Ya I was offroad and I beleive there is a 99.999999999% that It was a bead. But cant do anything till morning. And there is no cut I can put my hand over where the tire and rim meet and the air sound will be muffled. And there is no visible hole and if you put soap and water over the area it bubbles up at the rim. So it dosent mean I need a new tire or anything right? It just means that the tire had too much pressure pushed on the side and it is comming off the rim, and to fix it I would just need to either push it back on the rim or get it re mounted.

Also could I take the wheel off the truck and deflate it and then take a flat head screw driver and push the tire back onto the rim? Ive never had to deal with something like this before.

iEvo
08-05-2007, 10:08 PM
1. wheel could be bent
2. bead is torn

Z32redondo
08-05-2007, 10:13 PM
1. wheel could be bent
2. bead is torn

Dont think wheel is bent and I hope it is not torn. It has been bleading air for about 4 hours now so I think it is just the bead. Also it dosent ride any differently so thats why I dont think it is bent. No vibrations or anything.

Andy_013
08-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Valve stem is out

Evil Goat
08-06-2007, 10:14 PM
swing by any tire shop, let em look at it, 15-20$ to have it remounted and rebalanced

Z32redondo
08-06-2007, 11:38 PM
swing by any tire shop, let em look at it, 15-20$ to have it remounted and rebalanced

Already did that today and my buddy took care of it.

Close thread.

And it was just the bead