PDA

View Full Version : General Chat All new LS2 car from G.M comin' soon

OnURleft
08-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Here's another all new G.M based car which will share the familiar kick ass LS2 motor. A trailblazer in nicer skin. I can't wait to see one of these with full exhaust,cam and a tune kicking my ass and running low 13's. It's gonna be the day when a damn Saab goes screaming down the strip with an American LS2 roar.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/2070803.001/saab-9-7x-aero-with-390hp-ls2-engine-announced-us

SE-Rious1
08-05-2007, 07:10 PM
GM FTL

sirkus
08-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Sweet.. I wouldn't mind having one. 45k is a bit much though. I could get a vette for that. :yes:

Nice find though :goodjob:

Spectic Tank
08-07-2007, 12:05 PM
GM FTL

This is true, but...

LS2 FTMFW!!!

Ran
08-07-2007, 12:56 PM
LS2 = FTW
SUV = FTL

DieselNuts
08-07-2007, 01:54 PM
thats probably the best looking saab ever....but then again, it looks like an old explorer....

TheGrillMan
08-07-2007, 03:22 PM
This is true, but...

LS2 FTMFW!!!

ditto

Bballjamal
08-07-2007, 05:10 PM
saab with ls2, intersting

sleepys4
08-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Thats a good engine, but odd placement in that car.

sleepys4
08-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Anybody see the new ls3?

Magnus213
08-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Put one in a 9-3 or 9-5 and THEN we'll see.

allmotoronly
08-07-2007, 06:56 PM
whatever happened to saab's being designed by jet engineers??? pushrod engines ftl.... One day the rest of GM (other than cadillac) will figure out that a 7.0L LS7 engine would make 200 more hp with DOHC heads instead of the cam-in-block pushrod design. They should try to find some honda or toyota engineers to help them design something that hasn't been around since the beginning of cars (PUSHRODS!!!). Cadillac Northstar DOHC variable valve timing 4.4L 469HP FTW. Cadillac is being stingy with the technology. If they would share with the rest of GM, the Z06 would have 705hp instead of 505hp.

OnURleft
08-13-2007, 03:05 PM
it will be the day when a straight piped 6.0 screaming saab blows by me on the highway. I'm use to their history of tiny displacement turbo motors whistlein' around..not ls2's

OneSlow5pt0
08-13-2007, 03:52 PM
yea,im loving the new STS,CTS and XLRs............but the rest of GM,not so much

XLR > Corvette

JITB
08-13-2007, 04:04 PM
trailblazer ss had a ls2 in it they came out to be real quick suvs
http://www.runwalkjog.com/californiacars/Sonomacnty/06_chevrolet_trailblazer.jpg

ksinao
08-13-2007, 04:35 PM
they look nice as hell too

Z28
08-14-2007, 09:23 AM
whatever happened to saab's being designed by jet engineers??? pushrod engines ftl.... One day the rest of GM (other than cadillac) will figure out that a 7.0L LS7 engine would make 200 more hp with DOHC heads instead of the cam-in-block pushrod design. They should try to find some honda or toyota engineers to help them design something that hasn't been around since the beginning of cars (PUSHRODS!!!). Cadillac Northstar DOHC variable valve timing 4.4L 469HP FTW. Cadillac is being stingy with the technology. If they would share with the rest of GM, the Z06 would have 705hp instead of 505hp.

lol.

Look up the LT-5.

collins
08-14-2007, 09:51 AM

caddy's northstar motors are incredibly unreliable. call up cadillac-jaguar of northlake and ask them how often they're replacing a northstar. i promise he'll tell you at least one per week.and thats just in the little town of tucker!

also if gm went with dohc instead of cam in block, they'd be sacrificing a good amount of tq. this means they'd have to spin the engine to higher rpm to achieve the same hp.

can someone find me the equasion of tq+rpm=hp?

allmotoronly
08-14-2007, 11:24 AM
lol.

Look up the LT-5.

yea... it was built in conjunction with mercury marine. GM couldnt figure it out on their own.

allmotoronly
08-14-2007, 11:30 AM
caddy's northstar motors are incredibly unreliable. call up cadillac-jaguar of northlake and ask them how often they're replacing a northstar. i promise he'll tell you at least one per week.and thats just in the little town of tucker!

also if gm went with dohc instead of cam in block, they'd be sacrificing a good amount of tq. this means they'd have to spin the engine to higher rpm to achieve the same hp.

can someone find me the equasion of tq+rpm=hp?

Theres no reason to say that they would sacrifice tq with a DOHC design. The only reason that most V8's with DOHC have low torque is because they are also much smaller in displacement than the pushrod GM V8's.

I have also heard that the newer northstar engines have less problems than the old.

anyways, my point was that if GM could team up with toyota or honda or audi or bmw or MB or Nissan and design a good DOHC head design and redesign the current V8 blocks so the heads will fit, then they would make waaaay more HP and be able to rev higher as well. Honda has made a prototype v8 in japan. it was 4.0L and made 590hp N/A. I know this was just a prototype, but in street trim this engine could easily make 450hp. Audi has the 4.2, BMW has the new 4.0L.... they all make over 400hp easily. GM has to have 6.0L or more to make 400hp. AND GM engines have lesser fuel economy.

Z28
08-14-2007, 12:00 PM
Theres no reason to say that they would sacrifice tq with a DOHC design. The only reason that most V8's with DOHC have low torque is because they are also much smaller in displacement than the pushrod GM V8's.

I have also heard that the newer northstar engines have less problems than the old.

anyways, my point was that if GM could team up with toyota or honda or audi or bmw or MB or Nissan and design a good DOHC head design and redesign the current V8 blocks so the heads will fit, then they would make waaaay more HP and be able to rev higher as well. Honda has made a prototype v8 in japan. it was 4.0L and made 590hp N/A. I know this was just a prototype, but in street trim this engine could easily make 450hp. Audi has the 4.2, BMW has the new 4.0L.... they all make over 400hp easily. GM has to have 6.0L or more to make 400hp. AND GM engines have lesser fuel economy.

That engine was made for the Le Man's.

You're looking at a lot of "down tuning" and it has 383 torque. Whoopee.

To clarify though, I'm glad more builders are putting out more engines, let alone v8s. I think it's also interesting that Toyota produced their v8 pushrod carb'd engine for their Nascar car.