PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever heard of ticketslayer.com?

superboost
08-04-2007, 08:25 AM
www.ticketslayer.com They talk about the common law defense against tickets and how to force a prosecutor into default about tickets.

Anyway, a friend of mine gave me their URL. I have a reckless citation from earlier this year. It was 1am monday morning. I was coming off 85 to freedom parkway about 65 and the zone changes from 55 to 45 and down to 35 in a hurry. I pulled off the light hard, but did not spin tires and I saw the cops lights. By that time, I was nearly stopped because we were literally outside of my then gf's apartment. He asked me how fast I was going and I honestly couldn't tell him. I knew he had no radar on me, so i asked him what speed his radar said and he said "you knew how fast you were going, step out of the vehicle, you are under arrest".

He removed from my car, arrested me and searched the car. After awhile, he let me go with a citation for reckless and too fast for conditions. On the ticket, there was no indication of any type of speed detection device other than a visual estimate (says so on the citation).

All my cop friends told me that visual estimates never hold water in a court of law, but apparently it did. I got slapped with a $600 fine. The fine dosn't bother me so much as the points do. I have zero points. Never had any points, don't want to get any.

Long story short, I hired an attorney. He worked on an appeal for retrial and that was also denied. I phoned these ticketbuster fellows and they are advising me to file criminal complaint charges against the officer for illegal search of my vehicle and excessive use of force.

Think I should do it? This crap has now cost me over $1100 for this stupid ticket. I just want it all to go away.

I keep getting advise from money hungry attorneys and pretty much all of them just seem to want my money (i suppose that is what they do). The cop friends advise all was pretty wrong. They all said the ticket was BS and all said it would easily fall if contested, but it did not. Both were fulton county cops. Two APD, one Union City.

An officers testimony is accepted as evidence. They have to do less to prove the testimony than if they were to use radar or laser. What kind of sense is that? Why do they even bother using a detection device if testimony can hold up so easily.