PDA

View Full Version : Lets say you're married to..

tony
08-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Or in a relationship with a person person that runs a scam as a business..(real estate for example) BUT this person is making in exceess of a $1 million in a year.. all your expenses are completely taken care of plus any luxury you could want.. but you know eventually it may all crumble if the person is ever caught. What would you do?

quickdodgeŽ
08-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Not get involved. That's the only smart answer. Later, QD.

Sol-Badguy
08-03-2007, 11:15 AM
I'd honestly turn them in.

A 'comfortable' life isn't so when you're paranoid/worried all the time.

tony
08-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Not get involved. That's the only smart answer. Later, QD.

But by being married to the person you are involved.. indirectly. I mean its possible to turn the cheek and say you know nothing about it but c'mon now..

SLOWLYbtngU
Stay far far away...

Nemesis
she hot? lol

itsjustdee
08-03-2007, 11:19 AM
if your significant other really loved your or cared for you, he/she wouldn't put you in that situation. therefore, take some of the money and turn the bitch in!

quickdodgeŽ
08-03-2007, 11:19 AM
But by being married to the person you are involved.. indirectly. I mean its possible to turn the cheek and say you know nothing about it but c'mon now..

If you're married, my answer stays the same. Don't get involved. Leave the marriage and turn that person in. If you don't, when that person gets caught, he/she will more than likely try to bring you down, too. Later, QD.

Sol-Badguy
08-03-2007, 11:23 AM
if your significant other really loved your or cared for you, he/she wouldn't put you in that situation. therefore, take some of the money and turn the bitch in!
'Secret' Swiss bank account ftw!!

1000cckiller
08-03-2007, 11:26 AM
you would be smart to turn her in, because if she gets caught you are screwed also.

tony
08-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Liars! lol Well I'm sure some of you are telling the truth but if you truly fell in love with this person before they were successful and all of a sudden they are taking care of your every need I SERIOUSLY doubt you're going to run to the police.

itsjustdee
08-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Liars! lol Well I'm sure some of you are telling the truth but if you truly fell in love with this person before they were successful and all of a sudden they are taking care of your every need I SERIOUSLY doubt you're going to run to the police.

well if you're in love and she's putting you in that position, is it really worth going to jail for? let her take care of your financial needs and then dip the fuck out and let her take someone else to jail. LOL

Sol-Badguy
08-03-2007, 11:28 AM
..did you not read my first post?

tony
08-03-2007, 11:30 AM
This is a hypothetical by the way, I was reading this story on msnbc

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19838911/

And thought of the wife

SLOWLYbtngU
08-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Tell them to stop and consider divorce. By being with the you are a co-conspirator.

quickdodgeŽ
08-03-2007, 11:35 AM
but if you truly fell in love with this person before they were successful and all of a sudden they are taking care of your every need I SERIOUSLY doubt you're going to run to the police.

Well you really don't know me and my sense of right and wrong. Later, QD.

gtikid
08-03-2007, 11:36 AM
I really doubt anyone would say to their spouse that their leaving, especially if they're having everything paid for. I would bet that most people would try to turn the other cheek but eventually pay for it as well in the end...

SLOWLYbtngU
08-03-2007, 11:37 AM

Sorry, I would have attempted to stop them before it started. Hopefully THEY loved me enough to mention future plans. I couldnt do it. I left my family's house because there were too many things going on and in the end I didnt want to be a part of it. Does it mean I dont love my family? No. Just that I care about my life and future.

RandomGuy
08-03-2007, 01:17 PM
depends on the morality of the scam... if its a scam in a way to make it "paper legal" and moral as far as you're not taking what isn't yours to take then i don't really give a fuck... like drug smuggling, (from a capitalistic standpoint).....

I'd conspire with the person make the plan as fool proof as possible and get out after a year or two and retire in a 3rd world country ;)

HeLLo iM iZzY
08-03-2007, 01:33 PM
I'd stay with her.

Fuck it.

DieselNuts
08-03-2007, 01:40 PM
If they are making in excess of 1mil a year, Id tell them to stop doing what they are doing and get out while they still can. Greed is the number 1 reason most people get caught in money making scams...

EM1toEVO
08-03-2007, 01:44 PM
I agree with QD on this. Besides, it will never last.

EM1toEVO
08-03-2007, 01:45 PM
If they are making in excess of 1mil a year, Id tell them to stop doing what they are doing and get out while they still can. Greed is the number 1 reason most people get caught in money making scams...

So true! People have a hard time getting out when they are getting what they want.

RandomGuy
08-03-2007, 02:01 PM
i dunno, in my opinion Money DOES buy happiness....

DieselNuts
08-03-2007, 02:04 PM
i dunno, in my opinion Money DOES buy happiness....
for once, we agree on something...

GTScoob
08-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Easy solution, marry her with no prenups and then divorce her and get half her money. I'd get the hell out, a life like that isnt one worth living.

tony
08-03-2007, 02:29 PM
depends on the morality of the scam... if its a scam in a way to make it "paper legal" and moral as far as you're not taking what isn't yours to take then i don't really give a fuck... like drug smuggling, (from a capitalistic standpoint).....

I'd conspire with the person make the plan as fool proof as possible and get out after a year or two and retire in a 3rd world country ;)

I'm glad someone keeps it real.. if the woman is putting a GT3 in the driveway I'm sorry but I'm going to be a BIT more forgiving than someone with say.. a drug addiction and thats being honest.

RISKYB
08-03-2007, 02:33 PM
hard question.... keep a distance and know nothing or ask them to quit and if they love you they will, just dont leave a paper trail