PDA

View Full Version : Good runs, Slowhawk!

iloveboost
08-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Me and Slowhawk ran tonight. We'll have to line up again when we can really open them up.

I took lead from slow rolls and he pulled a car from a 40ish roll. Couldn't really open up the cars all the way, but I'd say his car is definitely faster than mine.

Nice seeing everyone at the Varsity, also!

AnclyT
08-02-2007, 11:16 PM
vids?

NevrNufTorq
08-02-2007, 11:39 PM
:goodjob: hope you guys had fun tonight! out of town as usual. maybe next month. let ya know when we're goin to the track again daniel :D

Incontt
08-02-2007, 11:47 PM
i got some vidz i will post in the morning.

NevrNufTorq
08-02-2007, 11:52 PM
i got some vidz i will post in the morning.

jerry, whats up my brother?!? :D what ya up to this weekend? hit me a pm. got some ?'s on efi live and some other things. :rolleyes:

Stol3n
08-02-2007, 11:59 PM
can't wait to see vids. :cheers:

The BUCKY
08-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Me and Slowhawk ran tonight. We'll have to line up again when we can really open them up.

I took lead from slow rolls and he pulled a car from a 40ish roll. Couldn't really open up the cars all the way, but I'd say his car is definitely faster than mine.

good to meet you tonight. let me know when your ready to drop the car off

iloveboost
08-03-2007, 07:57 AM
good to meet you tonight. let me know when your ready to drop the car off
Definitely man! Nice meeting you too.

Stol3n
08-03-2007, 10:38 AM

so, you won from the slow rolls & he won from the 40 rolls-on?

slowhawk01
08-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Me and Danial ran about 4 times and hit traffic pretty damn quick each time. Good runs indeed. Not sure about each other mods but I had a passenger and he was solo and thats about the only differance I think. My car didn't want to hook well from the 25MPH roll on street tires so the first two runs I let off because of the tires spinning don't want to cause any accidents, but it hooked from the 40MPH roll.Like I said though lots of traffic so we didn't get to do any top gear runs. We we have to rematch in the future to see who pulls on top end:yes: Also he honked everytime as well so there was no jumps. I think in the 40 roll I let him have the 1/2 car jump it looks like on it.

25-120 Roll
http://www.cablebandit.net/matt/P8020041.MP4

40-130 Roll

http://www.cablebandit.net/matt/P8020040.MP4

Enjoy guys

NevrNufTorq
08-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Definitely man! Nice meeting you too.

what you getting painted? :thinking:

looks like some good runs. :crazy: slowhawk you been to the track? if you have lmk me how your car runs if you wanna keep it on the low. you need to roll out with daniel and i next time we go to steele. :D :goodjob:

slowhawk01
08-03-2007, 11:22 AM
what you getting painted? :thinking:

looks like some good runs. :crazy: slowhawk you been to the track? if you have lmk me how your car runs if you wanna keep it on the low. you need to roll out with daniel and i next time we go to steele. :D :goodjob:

No I haven't been to the track with the way it is set up now. The car has went through ALOT of changes. I kept breaking stuff in my driveline but I think its worked out nowexcept for the rear. Notsure what numbers its making. I don't do alot of dyno:blah: . I do steet tuning till its dead on on the street because thats where it drives at

RJ's325ITS
08-03-2007, 11:29 AM
It was nice to see you daniel, I think I saw a couple of familliar face from the distance... Buky was always busy on the phone or at least every time I walked by so I couldn't say hello, I also missed sllowhack and a bunch more.

Anyway me and livingyou line up 3 times, the first 2 runs was 35,40-100 more or less he put almost a car on me, in between the traffic behind us and ahead of us I wasn’t able to brake boost right. The 3rd run was a better one but I think might've gone first (no brake boosting). I went all of my 3rd gear lifting as soon as I went in to 4th, so I guess that one was like 40 to 120ish and I think I was ahead by a bumper. It was cool as sh!t seen him light up his front rotor due to some traffic in his lane.

We have to line up again so we can get it done right :goodjob:

Anyways good runs. Hard to tell what car is faster.

For the people that like details I was at 12psi on pump gas.

iloveboost
08-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Good stuff. I figured you guys would be pretty evenly matched. Should make for a good rematch especially if you're on race gas.

I can't view the videos from work.

Incontt
08-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Hey the vidz look pretty good considering it was done with a digital camera and one Kelly had never used before. Matt you get pretty good traction considering....do they make any drag radials your size?

slowhawk01
08-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Hey the vidz look pretty good considering it was done with a digital camera and one Kelly had never used before. Matt you get pretty good traction considering....do they make any drag radials your size?

I was happy with the traction on my 19" street tires. I think the the reason I had traction issues is they were cold from sitting for a couple of hours and they had some tires shine on the edges of them. They don't make a 19" drag radial that I know of and if they did I still would buy it to much $$$$$

Incontt
08-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Just tell the truth...kellys tires are better than yours!!! ;)

I saw the 2 red z06s do a quick burst just before i-20- on 75/85 south. I couldnt believe how quick they were able to get slowed down as they came up on the traffic in front of them! Zo6s must have just KILLER brakes.....my turd woulda plowed thru 2-3 cars. Matt i think you had the best looking car there...I know you had the best looking seatcover ;)

onebadgt
08-03-2007, 07:29 PM
matt racing, never lol sounds like a fun night, good kill by the way

LEAVINU
08-03-2007, 08:05 PM
It was nice to see you daniel, I think I saw a couple of familliar face from the distance... Buky was always busy on the phone or at least every time I walked by so I couldn't say hello, I also missed sllowhack and a bunch more.

Anyway me and livingyou line up 3 times, the first 2 runs was 35,40-100 more or less he put almost a car on me, in between the traffic behind us and ahead of us I wasn’t able to brake boost right. The 3rd run was a better one but I think might've gone first (no brake boosting). I went all of my 3rd gear lifting as soon as I went in to 4th, so I guess that one was like 40 to 120ish and I think I was ahead by a bumper. It was cool as sh!t seen him light up his front rotor due to some traffic in his lane.

We have to line up again so we can get it done right :goodjob:

Anyways good runs. Hard to tell what car is faster.

For the people that like details I was at 12psi on pump gas.

You jumped the 2nd honk as I restarted the honk cause I thought you couldnt hear. We can setup a rerun if need be.:yes:

LEAVINU
08-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Good stuff. I figured you guys would be pretty evenly matched. Should make for a good rematch especially if you're on race gas.

I can't view the videos from work.

I would think he on race gas would get me by a car or so. Not sure how much of a jump in power or boost is ran on race fuel, but considering he was on pump and I got him a full car from 40-100 it would not be good for me.

Remember I am ALL MOTOR.:yes:

AnclyT
08-03-2007, 08:42 PM
nice vid, anyone going to be out tonight?

The BUCKY
08-03-2007, 08:42 PM
i might be out later. see how i feel

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-03-2007, 09:23 PM
nice runs.. you guys were on 85 right? in the second vid I could've sworn I saw the PIE BAR before it cut off..

iloveboost
08-04-2007, 08:31 AM
We were not on an interstate. :no:

slowhawk01
08-04-2007, 09:06 AM
nice runs.. you guys were on 85 right? in the second vid I could've sworn I saw the PIE BAR before it cut off..

No we were on the mean streets of Mexico dunbass:goodjob:

LEAVINU
08-04-2007, 10:54 AM
I took lead from slow rolls

I think the vid says differently.:screwy:

z0-sick
08-06-2007, 03:39 AM
Just tell the truth...kellys tires are better than yours!!! ;)

I saw the 2 red z06s do a quick burst just before i-20- on 75/85 south. I couldnt believe how quick they were able to get slowed down as they came up on the traffic in front of them! Zo6s must have just KILLER brakes.....my turd woulda plowed thru 2-3 cars. Matt i think you had the best looking car there...I know you had the best looking seatcover ;)

ya the brakes are damn good, but already time to change mine.

iloveboost
08-06-2007, 08:08 AM
I think the vid says differently.:screwy:
I'm sure Matt can confirm. He was spinning like a madman. I don't know what video you're looking at.

I don't need to lie to make myself feel better about winning or losing.

LEAVINU
08-11-2007, 07:52 AM
I'm sure Matt can confirm. He was spinning like a madman. I don't know what video you're looking at.

I don't need to lie to make myself feel better about winning or losing.

Matt did confirm "I" am right.........refer to post #10 and video labeled 25-120.:screwy:

I believe there were other races that were not videoed. When someone is spinning its not really considered a race.:doh: Obviously Matt's tires warmed up this race, video posted earlier, and you were not leading the way from a slow roll.

lightweight mini tub Z-->:idb: <-- stock LS6 shortblock fat turd

Maybe you should have just lined up with me.......Matt kills me so it would be a good race. Gotta pop your hood and make sure you have no :nx: tucked away. I will gladly pop mine..........oh and by the way I did stop by Vengeance one day and I wasnt in my C6.;) :ninja:

LEAVINU
08-11-2007, 07:53 AM
ya the brakes are damn good, but already time to change mine.

I want some C6Z brakes.......now those are some hella brakes. After driving Ronnies car my C6 brakes feel like my Mazda 3 brakes.:cry:

iloveboost
08-11-2007, 08:11 AM
I believe there were other races that were not videoed. When someone is spinning its not really considered a race.:doh: Obviously Matt's tires warmed up this race, video posted earlier, and you were not leading the way from a slow roll.
:
Yes, there were videos that weren't recorded that night. Spinnin ain't winnin.

Buy some better tires if you want to hook or don't complain about it.

I'm not popping my hood for you. If you want to race, we'll race. If you don't, then you don't. If someone wants to be shady with what they have then that's fine. I won't pry because it's not going to change a race magically knowing another peron's set up.

LEAVINU
08-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Yes, there were videos that weren't recorded that night. Spinnin ain't winnin.

Buy some better tires if you want to hook or don't complain about it.

I'm not popping my hood for you. If you want to race, we'll race. If you don't, then you don't. If someone wants to be shady with what they have then that's fine. I won't pry because it's not going to change a race magically knowing another peron's set up.

Not popping the hood confirms your sprayin'- thanks.:goodjob:
Run me motor to motor and you gotta race. I am cam only so a h/c bottlefed Z vs a cam only C6 is just a waste of gas.:yes:

Your still making @45-50hp to the tire than me on just motor for you so I gotta shift really fast.:burnout:

My mods and power are in my sig so I have nothing to hide. Seems you wanna keep it :ninja: so if I start pullin you you can flip a switch. I'll be out tonight, as always, so come find me.

2.3 Evo 8
08-11-2007, 11:21 PM
...all these races going on and my fucking car breaks down. Great, just great.

Lankhoss
08-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Those might be the two best sounding cars on this site heh

Stol3n
08-14-2007, 05:39 PM
Those might be the two best sounding cars on this site heh

:ninja: