PDA

View Full Version : need advice!!!

SLo_MKIII
08-01-2007, 09:42 PM
ok so i have a 95 jetta... at first it didnt pass emissions and didnt want to go at all a few ppl said clogged cat, fixed the cat passed emissions car actually drives, but still needs something. i was thinking iacv, maf maybe even a dirty throttle body. cel pulls iacv out of paramaters. only symptoms so far are low idle most of the time it is 500-600, sluggishness, hesitation when starting to go and sometimes when u floor it the rpm's just drop and car looses all power,occasional hard start and occasional stalling when at a stop. car has had all regular work done, filters oil change, spark plugs,wires etc.:???:

thanks for any advice:goodjob:

Z U L8R
08-02-2007, 08:18 AM
sounds like a vacuum leak to me

SLo_MKIII
08-02-2007, 10:22 AM
sounds like a vacuum leak to me

any way u can physically tell if its leaking because i dont hear anything and i dont see any visible vacuum lines that are cracked not attached etc.

Z U L8R
08-02-2007, 03:06 PM
yeah, spray some carb cleaner on potential areas. on vacuum lines, on fittings, on intake gaskets

SLo_MKIII
08-02-2007, 10:46 PM
yeah, spray some carb cleaner on potential areas. on vacuum lines, on fittings, on intake gaskets

after toying around with it for a few minutes and replacing a few clamps to make sure it was snug... it sounds like there is a really bad leak. towards the back of the engine bay by the iacv (jetta) i cant see anything that looks out of place but u can definitely hear it now. sounds like a shit load of air just rushing out. can any one try to give me hints on where to look at or where vacuum leaks usually occur?

Tech5
08-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Yes there is a gasket on IAC and also, there is a Vacuum line to it also,

sullen
08-02-2007, 10:59 PM
tb, vaccuum pump, follow some vaccuum lines and see if you find anything.

Z U L8R
08-03-2007, 06:56 AM
i'm proud of u mk. most people ask for help, you give them advice, they don't follow it, and still continue to cry about their situation. you on the other hand are making a concerted effort. i hope you figure it out, sounds like you're very close to fixing your problem. good luck with everything
Dave =]

SLo_MKIII
08-04-2007, 11:11 AM
so after messing around with it some more... the car runs the same at idle w/o the iac sensor being plugged in. has anyone heard of a car bogging and being sluggish/hesistant because of a bad iac lmk:goodjob:

SLo_MKIII
08-04-2007, 11:51 AM
oh and another symptom is my gas mileage is horribly low for a 2.0 I4 (15-18 mpg)
fuel filter maybe?

SLo_MKIII
08-04-2007, 02:34 PM
went to the auto parts store and replaced every vacuum line that is connected to the iacv... and is still making the noise. took it to the shop and he said it sounds like your iacv is stuck open which is why it idles fine but doesn't go good. he was sayin since it is stuck open when u start to go the car thinks it is still idling and its not letting the MAF take over like its suppose to which would cause the car to not wanna go. does this sound legit or do u think its bullshit?