PDA

View Full Version : 3 dead in powder springs...

Ed
08-01-2007, 04:54 PM
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/cobb/stories/2007/08/01/AP_GA__TripleHomicide_N0184.html

3 found dead in Powder Springs home

By YOLANDA RODRIGUEZ, TOM OPDYKE
Published on: 08/01/07

POWDER SPRINGS — Three women were found dead and two boys beaten unconscious Wednesday morning at a home in the Country Cove subdivision in Powder Springs.

Police were notified just before 9 a.m., but had released few details by noon. Powder Springs Det. Kelly Gobely said the bodies were discovered by a family friend who went to the house after no one answered the telephone.

There was no immediate word on how the three had died.

One boy was taken by helicopter to the hospital. Sgt. Dana Pierce, a spokesman for Cobb police, which is assisting Powder Springs police, said the child had blunt force trauma. Gobely said a second boy, who was not a family member, also was taken to the hospital. Gobely said the boys were found unconscious.

A woman who had lived next door until Tuesday said Jane Kuria, 47, and her three children lived in the home at 4789 Country Cove Way.

"Oh, my. Oh, my, this is terrible" said Gwen Mason, who had moved from the neighborhood on Tuesday. "I'm shocked, so sorry for Jane and her family."

Mason said Kuria was a nurse and that she had two daughters and a son. She said the children were: Isabela, who was about 19 and attended college, Annebel, and Jeremy, 7.

Officials at the Cobb County school system said Isabela had graduated from McEachern High School and that Annebel was a rising sophomore there."Jeremy is my son's best friend," said Mason, whose son, Miles, is 6.

She said Kuria told her the family had moved from Africa after Kuria's husband died.

Elizabeth David, who worked with Kuria, said she was a nurse assistant at Wellstar Paulding Hospital and that the family had moved from Keyna after Kuria's husband died.

Her children were "very disciplined. They were very good children. They listened to their mother," David said.

The news spread quickly among Kuria's friends, who gathered in the neighborhood across the street to wonder what happened.

"We are asking the same question," David said. "I hope we know the answer."

Cobb County real estate records indicate Kuria bought the home in 2005. Mason said she moved next door last year and used to keep an eye on Kuria's children after school.

"She told me she loved living in her house," said Mason. "She used to live in an apartment and loved having the house. She said she had to work a couple of jobs because her husband had passed and she needed the house for the children."

I wonder if it was Kaine... i mean he is gangster and all...

On a serious note, pretty fucked up. Hope the two boys/kids recover.

HalfBaked
08-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Too bad it wasn't Kainejuice who died.

Halfwit
08-01-2007, 04:57 PM
the other day a bird took a shit on my new car, so i shot it down from the tree with a bb gun, then i took a bite out of its chest.

Sol-Badguy
08-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Damn.

That's only a few miles away from me..

ep9716
08-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Damn....

EM1toEVO
08-01-2007, 05:03 PM
It's sad when we get reminded of the harsh reality that we live in.

osnap
08-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Damn.

That's only a few miles away from me..

...its like a half mile away from me

sullen
08-01-2007, 05:43 PM
looks like you guys live in a wonderful neighborhood then

Ed
08-01-2007, 05:44 PM
powder springs is pretty gangsta...

osnap
08-01-2007, 05:54 PM
haha youd be surprised how much difference a mile makes over here.

Halfwit
08-01-2007, 06:36 PM
damn, i thought i had got those two boys. shit.

ISAtlanta300
08-01-2007, 08:58 PM
...its like a half mile away from me

It's like half a block away from my gf's house... u can see the house from hers.. it's been a zoo the whole day.

Scary shit.

"B"
08-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Acworth is gangsta.

Jecht
08-01-2007, 09:55 PM
the other day a bird took a shit on my new car, so i shot it down from the tree with a bb gun, then i took a bite out of its chest.
wtf
:lmao: