PDA

View Full Version : Charity Car Show: It's for a very good cause.

Velocifero
03-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Hey guys and girls, I just wanted to repost this since the other one got deleted. There is a charity car show that goes on every year for the last 3, and it is starting to get pretty big. This is for a very good cause Alzhiemer's Disease. If anybody here has family or friends of family then I am sure you know that this is a good charity event. Yes it is the same day as HIN Orlando, but I am sure not everybody is making their way down there for that, so if your not, come out and show off your car for a great cause and have some fun at the same time. There is a website www.cruznteke.com, but it has been suffering from some technical difficulties, so here is the information I have:

Details:
WHEN: APRIL 16!!!!
WHERE: Southern Polytecnic State University

entry is $10 and $5 for every additional class, and $50 to set up a vendors booth (which come with an alotted space, 2 free event tee-shirts with you company name on it as well as other vendors and event charity, a banner with your name up in front of the event, also the ability to bring 2 of your own banners and a tent and cars and whatever parts and such you want.
and $1 for car bashing.

This year so far:
300+ cars, vendors etc..
A raffle for a Mac Tools, tool set/box
Trohies for 1st through 3rd in each class
1970 something Plymouth Reliant for car bashing!!
professional photgraphers for club pics and companies
Williamson Bro BBQ served
local dealerships will be on hand with new car line
Live Bands
Possible...POSSIBLE burnout comp!!
and now we are discussing getting a dyno truck there

So if that sounds good to you , and don't forget the cause, even if your not going to show, come out for some support. If you need any more info, feel free to PM me and we can get you as much information as you want. Scott

Shawna
03-14-2005, 10:00 PM
i go to the TKE show every year I'm really good friends with the guys and its always a really fun show. I know I'll be there hopefully with the civic if not I'll be with Mazgirl235 and the rest of Mi-4 so come out and chill with us it should be a lot of fun!

mazgirl235
03-14-2005, 10:40 PM
I'll be there as BlackSiChic said. I love the TKEs. Y'all should really come. If I remeber correctly they are expecting around 200 cars.

99SeanWs6
03-14-2005, 11:15 PM
I may come. Its a little ways away but I think I can make it. Great cause to put the money towards

Brett
03-15-2005, 06:26 AM
I will be there to support this great cause.

Velocifero
03-15-2005, 11:27 AM
thanks everybody, keep spreading the word.

Shawna
03-15-2005, 12:54 PM
lol ill pretty much do anything for the TKEs theyre really great guys always willing to help out whenever theyre needed

99ITRGIRL
03-15-2005, 01:40 PM
I'll be there, especially for a great cause such as this!!

Ace
03-16-2005, 02:53 AM
Heyyyyyyyyyy I go to SPSU so I'll DEF. be there! Hope to see ya'll there.

babygurl
03-16-2005, 03:17 AM
i will be there as well...supporting :)

Red
03-18-2005, 02:32 PM
I like charity shows. Always worth the time and money if you ask me.

Brett
03-20-2005, 09:05 AM
Just an FYI, your website link you posted doesnt work.

Velocifero
03-20-2005, 03:02 PM
Just an FYI, your website link you posted doesnt work.
Yeah I listed that it has technical difficulties on the first thread, sorry, but its not my department. I was at the KSU show, not bad, I think there will be more turn out at this show though, we'll see. I am looking forward to it thats for sure, first time and maybe only time I'll enter my car in a show.

Brett
03-20-2005, 04:11 PM
Oh okay cool, Just wasnt sure of you knew it wasnt working.

Sport1.3
03-20-2005, 05:09 PM
ill be working the show (im a Teke). thanx scott for helping and putting this on IA. (this is Danny by the way) and this year we are expecting to have a record turn out. here are some updates on the list: no williamson bro (we will be grilling for everyone instead), no burn out comp! the police didnt like the idea too much and the dyno pak is still an option. this show is going to be huge and like said b4 its 4 a great cause so if you can, try and make it out..peace

Brett
03-20-2005, 05:13 PM
Im coming regardless, But some people may want to know what are the class's?

Sport1.3
03-20-2005, 05:35 PM
ok the classes are pretty broad. for the imports there are only really 2 classes for them to fit in (Best Import and best Performance car). the rest of the classes are best muscle car, Best truck, Best bike, loadest/best system, Best domestic, and Best team showing. and its possible that there will bemore after we discuss this n the next meeting. just remember this is for charity and everything we get is donated or the school is paying for.

Brett
03-20-2005, 05:39 PM
Thats cool, Like I said Regardless Im coming, But I know someone will ask so thats why I went ahead and asked you to post it

Sport1.3
03-20-2005, 05:47 PM
cool. ya sometimes ppl get too caught up in winning a trophie that they forget what its really all about. some of the vendors slotted to come are E&E motorsports, Custom turbo & fab, R-speed, butlertire, Rocky MT offroad (i think thats the name), Year One, Sound Sensations, and Mac tools to name a few. so if you want to win you better bring yer A-game ppl.

CiViCCuTie
03-20-2005, 05:59 PM
Those are my BOIS....I will try to be there...I promised the tekes last year i would come...

Ace
03-20-2005, 06:58 PM
MAN! I can't wait. I was there last year and it was really nice.

Sport1.3
03-20-2005, 07:00 PM
sweet the more the merrier. who do you know?

Ace
03-20-2005, 07:09 PM
http://img231.exs.cx/img231/9516/me6rc.jpg

Recognize this^^^^ guy? Yea that's me. And I'm bad with names, but I know a lot of people there at SPSU. I used to work in the cafeteria. So, that's why I know almost everyone there.

Ace
03-20-2005, 07:10 PM
sorry about the gargantuan pic. any mods viewing this thread are more than welcome to resize it. my bad.

Sport1.3
03-20-2005, 07:28 PM
haha cool man, i dont really recognize u but this is my first year here. whats yer major? oh and i didnt c yer post when i posted last i was asking civiccutie, but thats cool that you go here and i really hope u make it out

Shawna
03-20-2005, 07:34 PM
I was a TKE little sister a couple yrs ago and they are really great and their show that put on is a lot of fun and more people do show up to it than the KSU KarShow...haha Ill be there by myself so feel free to come and keep my company!

Ace
03-20-2005, 07:45 PM
haha cool man, i dont really recognize u but this is my first year here. whats yer major? oh and i didnt c yer post when i posted last i was asking civiccutie, but thats cool that you go here and i really hope u make it out

hahaha my bad man. i thought you were talkin to me. lol oh well. oh its your first year here? im a sophomore. my major is mechanical engineering tech, but right now im taking time off to work and save up money. yea man i'll be there for sure. later

CiViCCuTie
03-20-2005, 08:04 PM
HEHE you know me we used to make fun of your Cafe uniform...hehe could you hook us up at foot locker?.... I know billy "Towlie" wanna get high?...and a few other tekes at the school...I knew more Sig Pis...

Sport1.3
03-24-2005, 12:19 AM
HEHE you know me we used to make fun of your Cafe uniform...hehe could you hook us up at foot locker?.... I know billy "Towlie" wanna get high?...and a few other tekes at the school...I knew more Sig Pis...

billy huh? :gay: ..haha... thats cool. 1111

ACE: im a transfer soph. really i am a junior, and im MET as well

JC
03-24-2005, 02:32 PM
Wow, this is a popular weekend for shows. HIN Orlando, the chairity show, and the lakewood show. :( I wish I could attend them all. Best of luck to you guys. This is for a great cause, wish I could be there.

Sport1.3
03-27-2005, 12:37 AM
thanx man...sry u cant make it out. at the rate this show has grown in the last three years, in like 10 yrs this will be bigger than HIN. this is the 3rd year and we expect over 300 cars.. and the whole thing is payed all by sponsors!!!

quickdodgeŽ
03-27-2005, 07:28 AM
Wow, this is a popular weekend for shows. HIN Orlando, the chairity show.

As far as the HIN Orlando show. That really doesn't factor in as being a same date show because well over half the tuner people that would show here in ATL, can't afford to go to Orlando.

I may actually make an appearance. To show. My car is nothing near show, but, for the cause. Later, QD.

Brett
03-27-2005, 09:39 AM
^^ Why you gotta make it out that IA is some broke ass bitches?? lol

quickdodgeŽ
03-27-2005, 09:49 AM
Lolol. Not broke, just not that much money. Should I show the Neon, Brett? Later, QD.

Brett
03-27-2005, 09:52 AM
I know man, Damn I was just fuckin with ya!! LOL. Hell the team im in is doing Orlando but I cant afford to go, But Im looking to do North Carolina instead and also Atlanta, But for sure will do Atlanta.

Bring the Neon out man!! I havent seen you at a show in years!! Last time was SLAP NATIONALS 2001!!!

quickdodgeŽ
03-27-2005, 09:57 AM
Lolol. With a $10 entry fee, I'll be there. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
03-27-2005, 10:00 AM
Where the hell is Southern Poly? With out-of-order links, you should really post up more information. Later, QD.

JC
03-27-2005, 10:39 AM
Southern Poly is lke ext number 262 off 75 N (The exit directly after Delk Rd I believe) coming from 285. It is like you are heading towards Kennesaw, but you will hit Southern Poly way before you get to Kennesaw. For everybody coming from 400 or 85 in Alpharetta/Gwinett area just hit 285W to 75N. Hope this helps a little bit.

quickdodgeŽ
03-27-2005, 10:49 AM
Thanks. Later, QD.

JC
03-27-2005, 11:01 AM
no problem. Maybe the guys running the show can give you directions to the EXACT location to the show, but those are the general directions of where Southern Poly is located.

Ace
03-30-2005, 11:46 AM
Southern Poly is lke ext number 262 off 75 N (The exit directly after Delk Rd I believe) coming from 285. It is like you are heading towards Kennesaw, but you will hit Southern Poly way before you get to Kennesaw. For everybody coming from 400 or 85 in Alpharetta/Gwinett area just hit 285W to 75N. Hope this helps a little bit.

ok...i go to Southern Poly. its actually exit 263 off I-75. your're right, it is the exit after Delk Road. and then from the exit, you simply follow the signs. no matter whether you're coming from south or north, off the exit ramp you'll go right. and then you'll cross over 41 aka Cobb Parkway and then the school is on the left. you cant miss it. it's about a mile from the interstate. if anyone needs further directions, just post up and i'll more than happy to help ya out. shoot....you can always mapquest it too. LAter

Sport1.3
03-31-2005, 12:38 AM
1100 south marietta PKWY, marietta , GA, 30060.. just do a mapquest and itll take you right there. and there is a sign on 75 that says southern poly exit and signs that lead to the school.

QuickDodge... ya man show! if mine is there than yours should definitly be there!!! and i need some tips from a PRO for running SM this year..later

Sport1.3
04-12-2005, 10:34 PM
bump...its COMING!!!! this weekend ppl hope to see you all there

Velocifero
04-13-2005, 06:12 AM
getting excited about it.

Sport1.3
04-13-2005, 07:35 AM
ya me too. ..wish my car was running right... i might just have to push it to the show. haha

Rabunchic
04-14-2005, 08:32 PM
How much for spectators and can I bring my dog?

Hulud
04-14-2005, 09:13 PM
how much for spectators? my cars no where near show type all i got are rims exhaust and intake

Ace
04-14-2005, 09:36 PM

a lot of people made fun of my uniform. got a pic? i dont remember who you were.

Ace
04-14-2005, 09:36 PM
billy huh? :gay: ..haha... thats cool. 1111

ACE: im a transfer soph. really i am a junior, and im MET as well

cool cool. where did you transfer from?

Sport1.3
04-14-2005, 10:02 PM
its free to spectate but morally wrong! haha j/k its free but this is a charity event so if you can u should still give at least soem money to the Alzheimers foundation.

ACE i transfered from TCU and b4 that TCC (texas Christian University/Tarrent Couty College) bothin texas, both for sports medicine and massage therapy..haha

Sport1.3
04-14-2005, 10:04 PM
hulud thats enough to show... we arnt looking for just the coolest cars we want a big car turnout so yes even your car can show..its for a good cause!

Hulud
04-14-2005, 11:12 PM
can i do it the day before? friday?

JC
04-14-2005, 11:36 PM
Brett, are you still showing at this show to represent for Elite? If you are showing, I will come out when I get off work and hang out with you for a while. Good show for a good cause. While the entire Elite team is in Orlando representing, we slackers (or in my case busted bumper) can go to this show.

Sport1.3
04-14-2005, 11:48 PM
hulud: what the day b4? show? register? what r u talking about?

Hulud
04-14-2005, 11:59 PM
lol im smashed sorry when do i register?

rickgiblin
04-15-2005, 12:34 AM
hey can you regester the day of the showplus i got a bike tht i wanna show but it gotta be trailered but i also wanna show my ride how would i go about doing that?

Sport1.3
04-15-2005, 06:43 AM
hulud: its cool you can register at the show

Rick: same for you and you can bring a trailer and you can bring yer car they will be $10 a piece to enter. and i guess get them here however you can

AtifSajid
04-15-2005, 07:51 AM
What time does this start..and where is online registration?

Velocifero
04-15-2005, 11:58 AM
register as early as 9, judging is at 12
no online registering the site got bombed or something, you would think a tech school could solve that.

Brett
04-15-2005, 04:39 PM
You know what?? I totally forgot about this show, Damn maybe I need to be in this charity..... I got to see how I feel tonight because I really dont know if I can sit out in the pollen all day with the shit I have been going through all this week with it, If I dont come Im sorry, I totally forgot this show was this weekend. All the talk about HIN Orlando I forgot about anything else going on this weekend.

AtifSajid
04-15-2005, 09:23 PM
So there is only one class for imports? And you can only get 2 trophies out out it? Let me know if this sounds correct.

Sport1.3
04-16-2005, 01:21 AM
thats right... its a charity event. we had everything donated. so the trophies were only alotetd in small amounts. it the cause that counts not winning the trophie. hope to see you out there man, would love to see some of those cars..late

eViLMunkey
04-16-2005, 09:38 AM
I get outta here at 4.... damn work... and I am the only one here as a valet today....

Axix23
04-16-2005, 08:24 PM
I drove by at around 3:30, saw 4 cars there.. :(

E46//M3
04-16-2005, 10:28 PM
I drove by at around 3:30, saw 4 cars there.. :(

The car show was over at 2:30

civic99shaved
04-17-2005, 11:55 AM
went out for the show, glad I coul support the cause, however, i will never go back due to the lack of knowledge the judges had. I had no interest in winning a ribbon, just wanted to donate to the cause, but when i am beat by two near stock protege's just because they rolled in with a club 7 deep, i take that slightly offensive. Just my $0.02

Sport1.3
04-17-2005, 02:40 PM
which class are you talking about? performance or japanese? neither were near stock, sorry. 1st place performace was the 240 with the RB20 swap, full frontend conversion, coilovers, etc etc (that guy was pretty cool) the 2nd place in performance was completly tuned FS-DET(hard pipes, front mount, cams, intake, flashed ECU..etc. and the 3rd place had even more. MP3 custom MAM turbo setup running a GT28RS, full standalone, HUGE FMIC full 3" hard pipes, 3" turbo back, coilovers etc..sorry but you had nothin on that. in the Japanese class the RX-7 outright owned everything in attendence as far as Imports, then it was the red prelude, then the spicy orange Mazdaspeed. the whole club had nothing to do with why they won. what "knowledge" do you think they lacked? you had wheels, a body kit and it was lowered. that doesnt really impress them very much. no offense. sorry you didnt win but that should only motivate you even more to step it up a notch next year and try and show every1 out. by the way i did like yer car. :bigok:

civic99shaved
04-17-2005, 04:24 PM
i've taken trophies home at nopi and just about every local show you can name. i have won at east coast nationals in virginia and placed in daytona so don't tell me that my set-up doesn't impress. a spicy orange mp3, stock color, no kit, rims, interior, custom system, or monitors. my car is a proven show winner and maybe if the judge spent more then 6 seconds total walking my car they would see that. so what, is it the late 90s again when hydro's are whats in, i think not. i agree, the rx-7 deserved it, the set-up was great, but thats about all i agree with about your post.

Axix23
04-17-2005, 04:59 PM
Dammit, nobody posted a time when the show was going to be over...

Axix23
04-17-2005, 05:00 PM
What was the turnout anyways at the show? Since I missed it....

E46//M3
04-17-2005, 05:21 PM
i've taken trophies home at nopi and just about every local show you can name. i have won at east coast nationals in virginia and placed in daytona so don't tell me that my set-up doesn't impress. a spicy orange mp3, stock color, no kit, rims, interior, custom system, or monitors. my car is a proven show winner and maybe if the judge spent more then 6 seconds total walking my car they would see that. so what, is it the late 90s again when hydro's are whats in, i think not. i agree, the rx-7 deserved it, the set-up was great, but thats about all i agree with about your post.

I feel you man the jusdges were idiots ,i cant believe they let friends judge their friends cars, is all good the money was for a good cause, but i will never go back to that show.

Brett
04-17-2005, 05:44 PM
Guys, does it really matter who placed and who didnt? This was a CHARITY SHOW!!! If you guys are only showing to win and then complain when you dont, your showing at shows for all the wrong reasons, You guys shouldnt complain if you dont place, No body can win at every show and like I said, Is that the reason you go to a show, is to take a ribbon or trophey home? I have tons of trophies from the past few years, at the end of the day what does it all add up to.... Nothing. Go to the shows, sit back, BS with friends and have a good time. BUT this was a charity show regardless, just be proud you supported the cause and call it a day :D

Scrappy
04-17-2005, 05:45 PM
i wanted to go :(

E46//M3
04-17-2005, 09:11 PM
brett i know the show was for a good reason man and thats the only reason i went, but i expected more respect from the judges, i dint even see them judge my car, i know is a charity car show , but is still a car show and everyone deserves the same judging time, thats all.

Brett
04-17-2005, 09:13 PM
Lucas why did you quote yourself? lol

And take the Unique Creations out of your signature homie!! LOL

Leisa
04-17-2005, 09:13 PM
brett i know the show was for a good reason man and thats the only reason i went, but i expected more respect from the judges, i dint even see them judge my car, i know is a charity car show , but is still a car show and everyone deserves the same judging time, thats all.

yo Lucas.....take uniquecreationscc out of your signature...lol ....

tell Casey and the baby hello for me :)

E46//M3
04-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Lucas why did you quote yourself? lol

And take the Unique Creations out of your signature homie!! LOL

done man i dont know why i still uc Lol. Leisa, the baby got a hair cut he is bold but he looks really cute.

Sport1.3
04-18-2005, 01:14 AM

well sorry man..really am. the judging may have been alil bias but their not perfessionals either, they voted for what caught their eye. and i definitly agree with you turbo neon the domestic category was judged way off (all vettes, most all stock) i thought the SRT 4 that was spoiler-less and painted wheels looked Hawt!! (is that you??) but this is the good part about what you all are telling me. i can take these complaints and make a change for next year. this is only the third annual, and its all still progressing. so i really hope this doesnt keep you 2 ..from ever coming back..late

E46//M3
04-18-2005, 09:48 AM
well sorry man..really am. the judging may have been alil bias but their not perfessionals either, they voted for what caught their eye. and i definitly agree with you turbo neon the domestic category was judged way off (all vettes, most all stock) i thought the SRT 4 that was spoiler-less and painted wheels looked Hawt!! (is that you??) but this is the good part about what you all are telling me. i can take these complaints and make a change for next year. this is only the third annual, and its all still progressing. so i really hope this doesnt keep you 2 ..from ever coming back..late

yea that was me with the srt, i just think it could have been better, the turn out was prettt good ,but my complain is just the judging. is all good because the money was for a good cause. i hope that next year yall have better judges.

Sport1.3
04-18-2005, 12:04 PM
nice car man. ya next year will be totally different. the show changes in a better way every year. next year we will just have to make the judges alil higher on the to-do list and make sure they know what they are grading. thanx guys

civic99shaved
04-19-2005, 10:23 PM
i agree and i said first and for most that the cause is why i went. i liked the bronze on the rims and i think spoilerless really improved the appearance of the black srt-4. i admit, the vette's were hot but all were near stock (some weren't). at least in the end, it was a beautiful day:)

Sport1.3
04-20-2005, 12:04 AM
thanx guys for being cool, our whole goal is to really make everyone happy and as hard as that might seem sometimes i think this would be an easy fix. i am really responsible for making the show what it was. next year will definitly have better judges and hopefully like every year more and more ppl... late

Velocifero
04-20-2005, 08:48 AM
I supported the show a great deal. I didnt care how the judging went, I donated more than my entry fee to the charity and was happy to be out and enjoying the day. I liked alot of the cars, but some people weren't very friendly IMO. I wish I could have gotten to talk with more people there, and I was disappointed at the turn-out. Maybe next year, this is the only show I have entered and will be the only reason I enter one. I don't have a show car.

Sport1.3
04-20-2005, 04:06 PM
scott yer my hero...<3............lol