PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP!!!b18 engine knock

jdogg319
07-31-2007, 01:21 AM
Need Help!!! I just got my Integra running and im not sure if it is a knock but its making some sort of weird noise...it sounds like its coming from the head but im not sure. if anyone knows what it might me or any sort of info please tell me...i havent really drove the car around alot since i just got it back up and running so im not sure if it might just be a temporary thing or what so please any info will help me!!! Thanks

Z32redondo
07-31-2007, 01:45 AM
Wow...ya know maybe a description of what kind of "weird Noise" you are hearing would help.

jdogg319
07-31-2007, 02:25 AM
thats the thing i dont know what kind it is its not a pinging noise but it could still be a knock cuz ive never heard a knocking engine before...but it sounds like its coming from the cylinder head...actually im 95% sure its coming from the cylinder head...it doesnt make the sound during acceleration either so i dont know what it is...it just doesnt sound right

iEvo
07-31-2007, 02:29 PM
could u post a vid of it??? check the timing and make sure its not 1 or 2 teeth off. but its going to be hard not being able to hear it

jdogg319
07-31-2007, 02:55 PM
could u post a vid of it??? check the timing and make sure its not 1 or 2 teeth off. but its going to be hard not being able to hear it

yeah i will this weekend the car is at my friends house right now because thats where ive been working on it...ill be sure to check the timing out right away and ill get that vid as soon as possible...you dont think it just might be that the engine hasnt been cranked for about a year do you? because its been sitting in my friends garage for over a year and i just got it back up and runnin so any more info will help but ill check the timing and get a vid

vtecgsrguy
07-31-2007, 02:58 PM
I BET ITS JUS IN NEED OF A VALVE AJUSTMENT....HMMMMM?

jdogg319
07-31-2007, 03:13 PM
I BET ITS JUS IN NEED OF A VALVE AJUSTMENT....HMMMMM?

you think thats the problem? if i dont do this will it cause harm to my engine?

RBS
07-31-2007, 09:27 PM
your head would slightly tick if you were in need of a valve lash adjustment, and you say you hear a " knock " like sound so it may be another issue y0. manually turn your crank to TDC and check your timing

GSRtegŪ
07-31-2007, 09:31 PM
Thats a great idea.

jdogg319
07-31-2007, 09:35 PM
your head would slightly tick if you were in need of a valve lash adjustment, and you say you hear a " knock " like sound so it may be another issue y0. manually turn your crank to TDC and check your timing

i dont really know if its a knock like sound though im really unsure...it does kind of sound like tick more that i think about it...ill check my timing and ill get that vid so you guys can tell me wtf is wrong with my car

lsxtreme
08-02-2007, 05:19 PM
hmm sounds like my problem as well .. half of my problems.. .. ticking/knocking.. ur not too far from me i can probably give a hand.. if nothing BIG.. Kennesaw,

jdogg319
08-02-2007, 08:46 PM
hmm sounds like my problem as well .. half of my problems.. .. ticking/knocking.. ur not too far from me i can probably give a hand.. if nothing BIG.. Kennesaw,

yeah...its nothing big im sure of that well hopefully

dickdragon
08-08-2007, 01:17 PM
make sure your nuts aren't loose.... and bolts. i've seen loose parts when taking off a valve cover before! just an fyi