PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods Help! How to roll my fenders?

2micro4u
07-31-2007, 12:56 AM
Hey I was wondering if anyone here can tell me how to roll my fenders. I did it before but on an old car it came out ok. But now im looking at doing a cleaner job this time around. If any one has any tips that would be great.

speedminded
07-31-2007, 08:25 PM
heat gun, blue painters masking tape, and a fender roller...or steel pipe like a jack handle with tape on it.

http://www.bmw-m.net/Gallery/images/fender_roller2.jpg

Or how much would you be willing to pay to do it? :D

ORGANIZATIONXIII
07-31-2007, 09:13 PM
I was gonna ask the same question

sullen
07-31-2007, 09:19 PM
baseball bats work good too. make ure to put te masking tape fully around the lip. otherwise when you roll, paint will chip. leave the tire on with the bat

blackshine007
07-31-2007, 09:23 PM
I found out personally that a ball peen hammer works out best too. You initially start off by using the ball peen side of the hammer to get it started. After that, flip the hammer over to the flat side to finish it off. You keep hitting the next edge until it starts to go down. As long as you follow the edge, you won't have to worry about paint flaking or dings or dents

speedminded
07-31-2007, 09:27 PM
I found out personally that a ball peen hammer works out best too. You initially start off by using the ball peen side of the hammer to get it started. After that, flip the hammer over to the flat side to finish it off. You keep hitting the next edge until it starts to go down. As long as you follow the edge, you won't have to worry about paint flaking or dings or dentsIt's not just the impact that flakes the paint but the stress and stretching of the metal underneath at the corner as it expands, if the paint doesn't give too it will crack at the corner...

changaroo
07-31-2007, 09:35 PM
heat up the paint before you start rolling with whatever tool you use. just soften it up so it doesnt crack :)

and if it does, just give it a little touch up paint action :P

what car are you rolling on if u dont mind me asking?

Jordanmd88
08-24-2007, 08:47 PM
I have a fender roller PM me for info

\\'angan
08-24-2007, 09:17 PM
sorry to jack up threads and shit...but who wants to fender roll my r32 skyline for a descent price?