PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Should I go All show or give it some go??

©hris
07-30-2007, 12:04 PM
So i have been thinking and it seems the KEY word that comes to mind when talking about my civic is "CLEAN". I had plans to boost the civic before the end of August but im starting to have my doubts. Boosting my car will certainly lead to bigger problems. I just recently slammed the car and its hard enough to keep my front lip from ripping off going the speed limit. I have a car that I can drive during the week so keep the civic clean shouldnt be a problem.

Should i go all show and keep the civic nice and clean/simple. Maybe put a carputer in there. clean up the engine bay. get a nice system. have Bucky spray my V/C. Basicly upgrade EVERYTHING w/ JDM parts, keep a nice color scheme, and just show it.

THen buy another Civic Hatch, 240, or some beater car for $2000-$3000 and Build it, boost it, and run it.

What are everyone opinions??

DieselNuts
07-30-2007, 01:32 PM
if its an all show car, it needs some extensive exterior and interior modifications. Im talking lots of molding, mad tvs, more "show esque" wheels, all sorts of shit. Even if you do all that, its gonna look stupid when you open the hood, see a clean ass STOCK engine bay. Def. throw some boost on that bitch.

©hris
07-30-2007, 01:46 PM
:umno:

If I go all show then I would be doing this....

- AEM Powerslotted Rotors w/ Custom SUPERSTAR CUSTOMS sprayed calipers
w/ rear disc brake conversion.
- 8in In Dash Touch Screen Car-Puter
- JDM Authentic Type-R Steering Wheel
- CF Sparco Pedals
- Injen Polished CAI
- DC Polished Race Header
- Greddy Evo2 Exhaust
- SUPERSTAR CUSTOMS Custom V/C and Interior Trim
- Rear seat delete w/ molded Subs and Amp
- Keep the OEM Paint color but add a Metallic clearcoat
- Engine Wiretuck and lots of Gunmetal up under there to go w/ Gunmetal V/C and interior Trim.
- DC Carbon Steel Front and rear Strut Bars
- Progress front/rear sway bars
- Megan H-Brace

And then once the car is paid off.... Turbo :)

©hris
07-30-2007, 01:49 PM
i have about $2000/month i have to drop on the car until its done. Im hoping that I will have everything complete before the end of the year. I would like to get these done before Nopi Nationals at least...

- CF Sparco Pedals
- Injen Polished CAI
- Greddy Evo2 Exhaust
- Megan H-Brace

Sammich
07-30-2007, 01:56 PM
when is nopi nationals?

©hris
07-30-2007, 01:57 PM
late Sept i think

DieselNuts
07-30-2007, 02:01 PM
:umno:

If I go all show then I would be doing this....

- AEM Powerslotted Rotors
- Injen Polished CAI
- Greddy Evo2 Exhaust
- Megan H-Brace

And then once the car is paid off.... Turbo :)

Uhhhh......you do realize all of these are considered "GO" modifications right? And if you are planning on going turbo eventually, WTF is the point of this thread?

©hris
07-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Would my motor be stock with all of those parts???

Even if you do all that, its gonna look stupid when you open the hood, see a clean ass STOCK engine bay.

©hris
07-30-2007, 02:09 PM
All of those bolt ons are simply for show... its not like its gonna make a HP difference. But It will be nice to have the entire car upgraded so when its time to boost it i'll have the stopping power, the superb handling, The looks, and the basic bolt-ons I would need to maximize the potential of a Turbo

IndianStig
07-30-2007, 02:11 PM
HERE'S AN IDEA, BOOST IT. GO SHOW, BY THEN THE MOTOR WILL BLOW. BUILD IT AND GIVE IT MORE BOOST AND HAVE A KICK ASS CIVIC. DO ALL THOSE MODS AFTER BOOSTING, NO WORRIES ABOUT FUCKING THE CAR UP WHEN BOOSTING.

©hris
07-30-2007, 02:12 PM
HERE'S AN IDEA, BOOST IT. GO SHOW, BY THEN THE MOTOR WILL BLOW. BUILD IT AND GIVE IT MORE BOOST AND HAVE A KICK ASS CIVIC. DO ALL THOSE MODS AFTER BOOSTING, NO WORRIES ABOUT FUCKING THE CAR UP WHEN BOOSTING.

very true... + if I blow the motor i can get another D17 for $600 if not cheaper.

DieselNuts
07-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Would my motor be stock with all of those parts???
because you would have in intake and exhaust....max of like 6hp on your car. I have a CAI, cat-back, testpipes and intake plenum and I hardly considered my engine modified... Open the hood, all you see is a stock engine bay with a polished intake tube. Sorry, my bad. I forgot how you get destracted by shiny things...

All of those bolt ons are simply for show... its not like its gonna make a HP difference. But It will be nice to have the entire car upgraded so when its time to boost it i'll have the stopping power, the superb handling, The looks, and the basic bolt-ons I would need to maximize the potential of a Turbo

No shit its not gonna make a HP difference. Nothing short of N2O or a turbo is gonna make a significant HP difference on that car. Stopping power wont be increased very much because you still have factory calipers with factory sized rotors. The biggest difference will be in the pads. And I would hardly call the handling characteristics "superb". Better than stock, yes, but superb, I doubt it...

changaroo
07-30-2007, 02:17 PM
u can always go the k20 route :) imo your exterior is as far as most civics should go. suspension, lip, wheels. looks clean. thats where i stopped my car, no monies for the motor :P

©hris
07-30-2007, 02:20 PM
because you would have in intake and exhaust....max of like 6hp on your car. I have a CAI, cat-back, testpipes and intake plenum and I hardly considered my engine modified... Open the hood, all you see is a stock engine bay with a polished intake tube. Sorry, my bad. I forgot how you get destracted by shiny things...

No shit its not gonna make a HP difference. Nothing short of N2O or a turbo is gonna make a significant HP difference on that car. Stopping power wont be increased very much because you still have factory calipers with factory sized rotors. The biggest difference will be in the pads. And I would hardly call the handling characteristics "superb". Better than stock, yes, but superb, I doubt it...

Wouldnt that be the reason people call it.... ALL SHOW ?????

AEM Rotors are larger than OEM size and slotted and If I have 4 wheel Disc conversion.... hmmmm I would think that would make for a lot better stopping power than rear drum and OEM rotors.

Oh and Brake pads im sure I could afford

©hris
07-30-2007, 02:23 PM
Derrick the point of this thread is to go show or Go.... you keep talking about GO so its obvious which route you would go.... Boost it right??? why are you trying to tell me that the things i posted that I would Buy if i DID NOT go boost would not make a difference in the performance of my car.... ummm i know this already. Thats why I said it would be for SHOW and NOT GO..... omg im confusing myself now

Fuck it. I'll just boost it.

First i gotta get Exhaust and finish my suspension

Whiteboy™
07-30-2007, 02:23 PM
OR, you could get a k20 then stfu

©hris
07-30-2007, 02:25 PM
What i really want to know is....

What would give me a better chance at Winning some trophies???

this.....

- CF Sparco Pedals
- Injen Polished CAI
- Greddy Evo2 Exhaust
- Rear seat delete w/ molded Subs and Amp
- Keep the OEM Paint color but add a Metallic clearcoat
- Engine Wiretuck and lots of Gunmetal up under there to go w/ Gunmetal V/C and interior Trim.
- Megan H-Brace

And then once the car is paid off.... Turbo

OR

Custom Turbo and Exhuast

IndianStig
07-30-2007, 02:25 PM
YOU CAN'T USE LARGER THEN STOCK ROTORS ON STOCK CALIPERS CHRIS. THINK BUDDY.

©hris
07-30-2007, 02:26 PM
OR, you could get a k20 then stfu

K20 is not practical for me.... $6000 for 220whp

or $3000 for Custom Turbo and 250whp

I get everything Wholesale except motors

DieselNuts
07-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Wouldnt that be the reason people call it.... ALL SHOW ?????

AEM Rotors are larger than OEM size and slotted and If I have 4 wheel Disc conversion.... hmmmm I would think that would make for a lot better stopping power than rear drum and OEM rotors.

Oh and Brake pads im sure I could afford

I didnt know that the aem rotors were larger than oem, and I forgot about the rear disks. Wait a second......Now that I think about it, do you remember back when the Import Tuner Magizine came out and they had that section where they do before and after tests to see what kind of difference their mods made? They had a 99/00 civic SI and put the AEM brake kit on it and it actually stopped worse than factory. You may want to look into that before you make the purchase.

Yeah, your lucky you can buy your brake pads with pocket change. Brembo pads are expensive as shit. I bet my rear pads cost as much as all 4 of your corners.

©hris
07-30-2007, 02:27 PM
YOU CAN'T USE LARGER THEN STOCK ROTORS ON STOCK CALIPERS CHRIS. THINK BUDDY.

yes you can... http://www.coximport.com/aem/bigbrakes.html

Whiteboy™
07-30-2007, 02:28 PM
K20 is not practical for me.... $6000 for 220whp

or $3000 for Custom Turbo and 250whp

I get everything Wholesale except motors

a turbo will also wear your engine down quicker. the k20 is stock so it will be fine.

©hris
07-30-2007, 02:28 PM
I didnt know that the aem rotors were larger than oem, and I forgot about the rear disks. Wait a second......Now that I think about it, do you remember back when the Import Tuner Magizine came out and they had that section where they do before and after tests to see what kind of difference their mods made? They had a 99/00 civic SI and put the AEM brake kit on it and it actually stopped worse than factory. You may want to look into that before you make the purchase.

Yeah, your lucky you can buy your brake pads with pocket change. Brembo pads are expensive as shit. I bet my rear pads cost as much as all 4 of your corners.

lol everything on your car is alot more expensive than mine.... your pads cost as much as i get the rotors for :cry:

IndianStig
07-30-2007, 02:29 PM

STOPPING DISTANCE IS NOT SO MUCH A WORRY AS IS FADE FOR HONDA DRIVERS, IMO. OUR CARS ARE LIGHT SO WE STOP WELL WITH SMALL BRAKES, BUT AFTER A FEW HARD BRAKES, SAY BYE BYE TO SUB 130FT 70-0 STOPPING DISTANCES.

©hris
07-30-2007, 02:30 PM
a turbo will also wear your engine down quicker. the k20 is stock so it will be fine.

which brings me back to i can get a D17 w/ 20k miles for less than $600

I do not pay labor because my dad has a shop. I can also get all Garrett Turbos wholesale including everything else for a turbo wholesale

DieselNuts
07-30-2007, 02:31 PM
Derrick the point of this thread is to go show or Go.... you keep talking about GO so its obvious which route you would go.... Boost it right??? why are you trying to tell me that the things i posted that I would Buy if i DID NOT go boost would not make a difference in the performance of my car.... ummm i know this already. Thats why I said it would be for SHOW and NOT GO..... omg im confusing myself now

Fuck it. I'll just boost it.

First i gotta get Exhaust and finish my suspension

You are right, I would def. build twards "GO", but the point I am making is that I think its retarded when you go to a car show, see a car, go check it out, its got all this sweet ass stuff on it, custom system, touch screen computer, all the bells and whistles, then you walk around and look under the hood. Whats there? An Intake on an otherwise stock engine. Thats what I think is dumb.....but I guess everyone has to start somewhere.

©hris
07-30-2007, 02:32 PM
Dunno if this is true or not...

http://www.coximport.com/image/0/aem-cart.png

©hris
07-30-2007, 02:33 PM
You are right, I would def. build twards "GO", but the point I am making is that I think its retarded when you go to a car show, see a car, go check it out, its got all this sweet ass stuff on it, custom system, touch screen computer, all the bells and whistles, then you walk around and look under the hood. Whats there? An Intake on an otherwise stock engine. Thats what I think is dumb.....but I guess everyone has to start somewhere.

i agree and my car will be boosted but should i get everything else first or turbo first??

DieselNuts
07-30-2007, 02:34 PM
lol everything on your car is alot more expensive than mine.... your pads cost as much as i get the rotors for :cry:
your right about that. It makes me want to cry every time I look in my wallet... I have to order a clutch and flywheel this week. Parts alone are gonna be $800, and thats a pretty damn good deal.

Whiteboy™
07-30-2007, 02:34 PM
you better make this bitch bullet proof. if you go turbo.

©hris
07-30-2007, 02:38 PM
you better make this bitch bullet proof. if you go turbo.

LOL yeah i needa go pick up Tupac in september to go meet up w/ elvis. They are gonna remix jail house rock. Hopefully The turbo will spool fast enough to evade rapid gunfire

changaroo
07-30-2007, 02:43 PM
it all depends, if you are set on the turbo, i would hold off on getting the exhaust until you have the turbo setup done.

but imo a k20 would get you more "points" at a show because it isnt that common yet on the em2's, well not that i know of anyways.

add up everything first, and make sure u wanna spend it all on a civic. dont get me wrong, great cars, but u dont wanna regret spending all that and still have a civic at the end of the day.

IndianStig
07-30-2007, 02:47 PM
boost it asshole, don't be gay.

DieselNuts
07-30-2007, 02:48 PM
swap + boost = >all. but RWD>FWD, so I guess you'll be breaking even....but just barely...

©hris
07-30-2007, 02:54 PM
damnit.... lol Why do cars gotta be so dificult? I thought getting married to my car would be easy... my car bitches more than my Ex did.

ok .... Boost it is.

DieselNuts
07-30-2007, 03:00 PM
at least your car wont suck someone elses dick when you turn you back. But if it does, You lookin to sell?

©hris
07-30-2007, 03:02 PM
at least your car wont suck someone elses dick when you turn you back. But if it does, You lookin to sell?

:lmfao:

slowEG
07-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Boost it!

Killer
07-30-2007, 04:02 PM
go...

i hate show cars.

WillyBigNut
07-30-2007, 04:57 PM
its clean now, all you need is a swap or boost.

OTG Signs
08-04-2007, 08:44 PM
It wasn't meant to be fast, which doesn't mean it can't be, but keep it clean!

Elbow
08-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Go > Show

©hris
08-10-2007, 01:13 PM
K20a2 This month... Boosted K20a2 prob November.

I'll be sure to post project pix. Picking motor up next week

DerrickT
08-10-2007, 01:19 PM

I was just about to post K20 boosted.
:goodjob:

Total_Blender
08-11-2007, 12:04 AM
Are you just building a car to win shows? If so, just go all out with as many lambo doors, TV's, and spinner rims as your "$2000 a month" can buy for it. The stock engine will be fine.:crazy:

OTG Signs
08-14-2007, 10:04 PM

Hopefully a tranny swap too!

©hris
08-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Are you just building a car to win shows? If so, just go all out with as many lambo doors, TV's, and spinner rims as your "$2000 a month" can buy for it. The stock engine will be fine.:crazy:
:no:

xbn83
08-14-2007, 11:52 PM
I just don't get it! You made couple threads asking other people about what should you do to your car, should you do this, or do that? For god shake, it is your car man, why the hell you asked other people what should you do to your car. Why "spend the money you don't have, buy shits you don't need, and impress people you don't know"??? Just look at your budget, set your goal, your power goal, and work to achieve it. Look like you can't even make up your mind. One day you want to boost your car, next day you want a K20 swap. You want to turbo your car but you are on budget so why do it? Take other's valuable advice to avoid costly mistake! Also look like to me you haven't done enough research yet, so why do it? You are not ready! And if you already plan to turbo your car, why buy all the NA parts? Isn't it a waste of money?

©hris
08-15-2007, 07:58 AM
^^^ Very True... im holding off till winter to Boost the car. I want to make sure i get it done right rather than rush into anything. In the mean time im just going to upgrade chassis, suspension, interior, CF hood/Trunk, etc...

Mi6o
08-15-2007, 09:43 AM
booooooost it....