BB6dohcvtec
07-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Hell yea time for that playoff run...... :goodjob:

tippatone
07-31-2007, 01:13 AM
Run for what???Wild card maybe NY METS WILL WIN DA NL EAST count on it

Young Brian
07-31-2007, 01:22 AM
Dont think this trade was worth a whopping one home playoff game this year. Mark this thread, and re-read it this time in 2010. Salty will be a perennial allstar...in the AL.

Deke
07-31-2007, 01:27 AM
Dont think this trade was worth a whopping one home playoff game this year. Mark this thread, and re-read it this time in 2010. Salty will be a perennial allstar...in the AL.

Yeah I'm not so sure about it either. Salty is a great prospect and I won't be surprised if he blows up in the next few years. I guess time will tell...

tippatone
07-31-2007, 01:28 AM
I am a mets fan, but salty has talent written all over him, he can play a couple of positions as well I gotta give respect where its due

tatodotcom
07-31-2007, 10:22 PM
salty is now where new the guy we got....teix has already proved himself in the majors and is only like 27....he hit 37+ homers for the past 3 years....im sorry but salty MIGHT be good, this guy already has proven that. And salty was not very reliable as a first basemen(defense) im sure he might have gotten better but who knows. this is def a great trade for the braves

Hulud
07-31-2007, 10:24 PM
he may blow up, but the braves already have an allstar catcher...

tatodotcom
07-31-2007, 10:33 PM
he may blow up, but the braves already have an allstar catcher...

exactly....the braves needed a first basemen. the braves first basemen this year had the lowest batting average in baseball, and first base is a position where you need power

BB6dohcvtec
08-01-2007, 12:11 AM
I am a mets fan, but salty has talent written all over him, he can play a couple of positions as well I gotta give respect where its due

:thinking: why are you a mets fan? braves are going to pull it out and win the east :goodjob:

OneSlow5pt0
08-01-2007, 01:01 AM
im glad they got him,hes one of my fav players...........being from GT and all

gtikid
08-01-2007, 01:15 AM
Finally we have a big named player. Our Jones' are getting old :yes:

devinwebb907
08-01-2007, 11:45 AM
i dont care what any of you said. genius move. i am a die hard braves fan, and the way they have been going all year...they wont be in the playoffs this year. picking up teixeira will probably ease them into wild card, giving them hope for anything further. i think the mets still have the braves beat(FUCK THE METS). next year hampton and gonzalez **should** be back which would up their pitching staff a bit, leaving them to only need one more good SP (pending injuries) to have a stacked team.

saltalamacchia was a great player. the only place the braves have for him now is at 1B. getting rid of him may hurt them later, but for now teixiera has been hitting 30/40 bombs a year every year, and he isnt even near old. apparently the 3 minor leaguers were among the #2 and #3 prospects for the braves at the start of this season (guess what, salty was #1). shit happens...they now have a great starting order. tell me the weak link in their starting lineup for today? ...buddy carlyle and thats it.

good move, bad move, whatever braves are back in playoff race.

devinwebb907
08-01-2007, 11:47 AM
..oh and the braves traded kyle davies [who i think isn't very good] for dotel. dotel is good for bullpen, i hope they dont try and pull some crap and put him back at starter.

imagine having gonzalez, soriano, wickman, moylan, villareal and dotel...sounds pretty straight and very underestimated by many

Spectic Tank
08-01-2007, 08:15 PM
i dont care what any of you said. genius move. i am a die hard braves fan, and the way they have been going all year...they wont be in the playoffs this year. picking up teixeira will probably ease them into wild card, giving them hope for anything further. i think the mets still have the braves beat(FUCK THE METS). next year hampton and gonzalez **should** be back which would up their pitching staff a bit, leaving them to only need one more good SP (pending injuries) to have a stacked team.

saltalamacchia was a great player. the only place the braves have for him now is at 1B. getting rid of him may hurt them later, but for now teixiera has been hitting 30/40 bombs a year every year, and he isnt even near old. apparently the 3 minor leaguers were among the #2 and #3 prospects for the braves at the start of this season (guess what, salty was #1). shit happens...they now have a great starting order. tell me the weak link in their starting lineup for today? ...buddy carlyle and thats it.

good move, bad move, whatever braves are back in playoff race.

QFT!

He's also a switch hitter, and having him and Chipper hitting in the 3/4 spot in the line-up is definately a plus...now they can put Andruw 5/6.

And he went to GA Tech FTW!

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-01-2007, 08:25 PM
that was a great pick up.... I'm just pissed b/c that was the whole reason I was gonna drive to Arlington was to see Teixeira.. other than being in the AL and watching the Angels..

damn I miss Brave's baseball already