PDA

View Full Version : WHY JDM?? ITS POINTLESS!

AZN_Pride
07-30-2007, 02:36 AM
Really? Is all of the JDM parts needed? I am really getting tired of all these kids bragging about their JDM fog lights they put on their Civic that "Mommy and Daddy" bought them. Whats the point? You put JDM parts on a USDM car to equal crap. Congrats! You made the halfe breed that no one likes and it formally known as "Rice" PLEASE QUIT BUYING JDM PARTS UNLESS YOU HAVE AN ACTUAL JAPANESE CAR! Plus how do you have a JDM Acura when that company is American?PLease invest your money in performance parts instead and worry about JDM once you have finished with the overall performance.

BiH1320
07-30-2007, 02:38 AM
thanks! ill make sure to take off the jdm fog lights off my car !

TheGodfather
07-30-2007, 02:40 AM
dude, everyone knows jay dee em parts add maddd tyte powa!

AZN_Pride
07-30-2007, 02:42 AM
dude, everyone knows jay dee em parts add maddd tyte powa!
LOL guess I forgot. Just like decals add 5 horses each.

BiH1320
07-30-2007, 02:43 AM

hell yeah they do.

AZN_Pride
07-30-2007, 02:45 AM
hell yeah they do.

AWESOME! TIme to go rob Autozone!

TheGodfather
07-30-2007, 02:45 AM
Haha, but honestly it's just a different fad. I don't even know how it started, I joke around about it with my friends all the time and everything becomes JDM.

I have headlights that are JDM on my car...because they are the JDM version of the cars headlights.

As for everything considered JDM, that's a little annoying.

AZN_Pride
07-30-2007, 02:49 AM
I really dont care for it and see the point really. Its like saying "American Muscle is the best! Imports suck!" when alot of the muscle car parts are being made in Asia now.

Humphrizzle
07-30-2007, 02:55 AM
why do anything to a car?

It's an enthusiasm and a hobby.. fuck off if you dont like it.

I dont make fun of your truck, why make fun of the way people put together their cars.

I agree, people annoy me with calling everything on their car JDM, but they dont know what they're talking about and i punch them in the face.

it's a hobby to find things people like for their cars.

changaroo
07-30-2007, 02:57 AM
its just a trend that happens to appeal to a lot of people.

i mean go back a few years when the whole JDM thing was unheard of... body kits were the shit, now its a nice simple clean lip :)

lsvteceg954
07-30-2007, 03:01 AM

I dont make fun of your truck, why make fun of the way people put together their cars.

I agree, people annoy me with calling everything on their car JDM, but they dont know what they're talking about and i punch them in the face.

^^^^im with u on that

AZN_Pride
07-30-2007, 03:07 AM

Oh CMON! Even I make fun of my truck! Try it! Lets see I call it Pooptruck. The shit with wheels, The green log. My truck sucks ass.

I say all of that because cuz of the ignorant shitz who give imports a bad name and reputation. You know its bad when AZNs start buying Cobras and Corvettes.

gtikid
07-30-2007, 03:25 AM
Really? Is all of the JDM parts needed? I am really getting tired of all these kids bragging about their JDM fog lights they put on their Civic that "Mommy and Daddy" bought them. Whats the point? You put JDM parts on a USDM car to equal crap. Congrats! You made the halfe breed that no one likes and it formally known as "Rice" PLEASE QUIT BUYING JDM PARTS UNLESS YOU HAVE AN ACTUAL JAPANESE CAR! Plus how do you have a JDM Acura when that company is American?PLease invest your money in performance parts instead and worry about JDM once you have finished with the overall performance.

Your rant fucking blows. Instead of /thisthread, you should go /yourlife. It's hard to come across an emo asian kid that drives a truck :goodjob:

Driftk1d350z
07-30-2007, 03:27 AM
yeah...im asian and ive been wanting to trade my car in for a vette...

Driftk1d350z
07-30-2007, 03:28 AM
BWAHAHAHAHA

gtikid, your sig is funny as hell

Humphrizzle
07-30-2007, 03:41 AM
i like your truck.. i dont hate many cars.

Nemesis
07-30-2007, 07:36 AM
depending on the car, a lot of JDM parts do look better and are more functional.

coolcat
07-30-2007, 07:50 AM

Bullshit, you'd be lucky to see 3.

People buy JDM parts cus they look good, whats wrong with that? JDM front ends are hot as fuck on most cars. Some of it is a little much, like buying a JDM fog light switch for 30 bucks.. kinda stupid in my opinion, but hey you always gotta remember ITS JDM TYTE JO!!1!

Humphrizzle
07-30-2007, 07:56 AM
people buy an OEM JDM fog light switch because it was supposed to be there.

not everyone wants a metal toggle switch there when there could be a perfectly good purpose-built switch made for the job.

just because people say it, doesnt mean its not useful. understand this, most people with hondas are retarded 17 year old wannabe gangstahzz trying to fit in.

GSRteg®
07-30-2007, 08:01 AM
Why go JDM if the asian kids over there want to go USMD make them jealouse by keeping it USDM. :yes:

Glides
07-30-2007, 08:06 AM
You know its bad when AZNs start buying Cobras and Corvettes.

Why? Because Asians got style? Lol, some of the worst travesties ever to be called Rice come straight out of J-land. Just because someone is Asian doesn't give them automatic style points.

But if you are really serious, make some shirts and signs and get some of your friends together and picket NOPI. Then you would really be the poster boy for the Anti-JDM movement. :goodjob:

Humphrizzle
07-30-2007, 08:10 AM
USDM is ugly.. it was made for economy.. at least the JDM version had some style and speed.

Z0_o6
07-30-2007, 08:13 AM
i hate three letter words. like AZN. it's gay.

Elbow
07-30-2007, 08:14 AM
JDM had style and speed?

Glides
07-30-2007, 08:18 AM
JDM had style and speed?

Not necessarily. But Japanese market cars are built more for enthusiats than they are for economy. Lets look at a couple examples.

Prime example of this is the 240. American market was gutless, a chick car. Japanese market was turbocharged and much more geared towards performance.

Soarer/SC. American market, gutless again, luxury car. Japanese market, twin turbocharged.

So yea, the Japanese market was more about speed at least.

Elbow
07-30-2007, 08:19 AM
Yeah I guess that's true

Humphrizzle
07-30-2007, 08:25 AM
alright the civic and integra R were fully purposed race chassis with subframe reinforcements and 180-200 hp engines in 2300 lb cars stock with huge bolstered seats to keep you straight on the track.

and where else are you going to get a kickass built-in navigation system?

I dont know about other people but i see the reason why people search for these parts... because they're better.

Elbow
07-30-2007, 08:29 AM
Was our Type R here the same?

Humphrizzle
07-30-2007, 08:42 AM
There were similarities..

HeLLo iM iZzY
07-30-2007, 08:48 AM
I can't believe an AZN is ranting about JDM.

OMG!

santacruz77
07-30-2007, 08:51 AM
fuck jdm

DieselNuts
07-30-2007, 09:06 AM
for the most part, JDM stuff is pretty cool cause its clean w/acception of the amber marker lights. I think clear looks much better (minus taillights, and that Euro clear crap). The thing I think is completly gay is RHD. Whoever wants to shift with their left hand should move to England or Japan. Seriously, thats the most retarded thing ever....well, besides FWD that is....

Shawna
07-30-2007, 09:12 AM
thanks! ill make sure to take off the jdm fog lights off my car !

haha yes me too!!! Damn I need to make sure to thank my parents for buying my car...I should get them pay me back for all of the payments I have made :yes:

Nemesis
07-30-2007, 09:16 AM
I used to laugh at people when they said JDM this JDM that....but that was when I owned a domestic and had no options like that available. Now that I do , there are a few JDM WRX parts that I have now, and they are far better and more functional than stock USDM WRX pieces.

IndianStig
07-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Because a lot of JDM parts look good as fuck. JDM headlights for 4th gen preludes and acura RSX's change the look of the front end completely. The fog lights on the RSX look pretty sweet also. The mirrors on my prelude are just cool looking and blue (if they're JDM) plus the interior parts make the car look way better. Digital climate control....on a 1992?? TV in the dash...stock option!

Hulud
07-30-2007, 10:01 AM
holy repost, ive been saying this shit for years

Ran
07-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Just because someone is Asian doesn't give them automatic style points.Lies

AZN_Pride
07-30-2007, 10:46 AM
I guess its an ATL thing. I see a lot of AZNs here in Mustangs now. The white guys have the Bimmers and there are a few Hispanics with S2000. The only people who drive rice are the kids.

RISKYB
07-30-2007, 10:48 AM
well its kinda like this, i see your point, but the jdm market has some parts you just cant find in the US, so if i like them or want them i will pay for them with my money, now dou you have a problem with what i do with my time or money?

mocha latte cupcake
07-30-2007, 10:56 AM
b/c my jdm is the fuckin bomb :D

all my stuff that is jdm might not be more performance minded, but i think they look alot better than any of the usdm counter parts, i'll admit it, my cams are jwt (not jdm) but i only got them because i couldn't get a hold of tomei, hks, greddy easy cams. its all good stuff either way, i do the jdm thing cause most people who have my car who want to be jdm "by swapping sr20det" engines. when in fact the DET never was available in a SUNNY, PULSAR, or LUCINO model. i just like my parts cause i get alot of compliments on them and its stuff other people don't have.

jdm for me is looking better and having more style than your car :D

speedminded
07-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Find me a steering wheel that feels and looks like this on a USDM honda/acura..oem quality hand made by Momo. There's over 300,000 94-01 integra's out there with only a few thousand having this steering wheel...

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/470000-470999/470820_101_full.jpg

How about my OEM fog lights? Instead of a chrome oval catz or piaa fog that doesn't fit anywhere why not oem quality that actually looks like it belongs? Good luck finding a USDM set for the 94-97 bumper...

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/470000-470999/470820_112_full.jpg

97WhYt_TeG
07-30-2007, 11:13 AM
i will say that the whole jdm thing has gotten a lil outta hand with "jdm tyte" and stuff but majority of jdm parts are better. It's just ironic that we want our cars to be jdm and ppl in japan want usdm. That's jus how it is ppl want shit they can't have.... so we spend that extra money to get it. mostly ppl get jdm parts cuz not many ppl have them and they can say they have it. same with any other expensive item. y do ppl buy loui vaton <--i kno it's mispelled

AZN_Pride
07-30-2007, 11:26 AM
I mean Im glad you guys have something to be passionate about. I am just sck of hearing "Oh JDM this and JDM that." I just dont understand why you HAVE to have JDM tailights. The JDM cars do look good but the whole JDM thing has gotten out of hand.

mocha latte cupcake
07-30-2007, 11:28 AM
i'll admit it i'm a true jdm whore

AZN_Pride
07-30-2007, 11:28 AM
USDM is ugly.. it was made for economy.. at least the JDM version had some style and speed.
Not to mention Nissan fucked up on their USDM cars.

97WhYt_TeG
07-30-2007, 11:32 AM
i'm a jdm whore too.....as long as we all know right?

Sport1.3
07-30-2007, 11:41 AM
b/c my jdm is the fuckin bomb :D

all my stuff that is jdm might not be more performance minded, but i think they look alot better than any of the usdm counter parts, i'll admit it, my cams are jwt (not jdm) but i only got them because i couldn't get a hold of tomei, hks, greddy easy cams. its all good stuff either way, i do the jdm thing cause most people who have my car who want to be jdm "by swapping sr20det" engines. when in fact the DET never was available in a SUNNY, PULSAR, or LUCINO model. i just like my parts cause i get alot of compliments on them and its stuff other people don't have.

jdm for me is looking better and having more style than your car :D

Nissan Pulsar GTi-R (labelled Sunny GTi-R in Europe). This was a homologation variant produced to satisfy the necessary WRC rules at that time. It featured a turbocharged SR20DET engine. Brush up on your Skills....Wikipedia is more JDM then you :no:

Besides the side i drive on and the ECU/Cat, my car is from the factory EXACTLY the same as the JDM counterpart...so there is no need for me besides the aftermarket of course. Though i will agree most JDM parts (especially exterior pieces) look MUCH better thent eh USDM version

bigdare23
07-30-2007, 11:43 AM
I hate people consider JDM rice now days.

JDM parts = The shit

Fake JDM parts = Rice

Think about it if you have a set of Volks on your car are you really going to waste your time racing? More than like not, but if you have a set of rotas you wouldnt give a damn cuz you could replace them with another $400-$500.

AZN_Pride
07-30-2007, 11:44 AM
That lil Pulsar is a funky lil car.Its like Japan's version of the Golf...well thats what I think it looks like. LIke NX2000 meets Golf.

BlkCD5
07-30-2007, 12:07 PM
refer to my sig, thats what happens when people see JDM shit :D jk.

Humphrizzle
08-13-2007, 09:49 AM
well its kinda like this, i see your point, but the jdm market has some parts you just cant find in the US, so if i like them or want them i will pay for them with my money, now dou you have a problem with what i do with my time or money?

Japanese Domestic Market Market?

§treet_§peed
08-13-2007, 10:25 AM
HOW ABOUT... we all contract HIV and DIAF together.. sounds good to me...:D

Sport1.3
08-13-2007, 10:27 AM
HOW ABOUT... we all contract HIV and DIAF together.. sounds good to me...:D

NO WAY!!! You're not bringing us down with you.....nice try :lmfao:

Echonova
08-13-2007, 10:31 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/jdm.gif

§treet_§peed
08-13-2007, 10:49 AM
^ the above statement answers all questions.

BB6dohcvtec
08-13-2007, 10:57 AM
I hate people consider JDM rice now days.

JDM parts = The shit

Fake JDM parts = Rice

Think about it if you have a set of Volks on your car are you really going to waste your time racing? More than like not, but if you have a set of rotas you wouldnt give a damn cuz you could replace them with another $400-$500.

lol i've never heard anybody associate rice with JDM before. But my assumption to that is they either can't afford it or they drive a domestic.

§treet_§peed
08-13-2007, 11:04 AM
lol fake jdm parts = fake carbon fiber sticker. in exp.. the stickers for you gas door lols and the ones at pep boys that go on your fenders lol

On_Her_Face
08-13-2007, 11:05 AM
im getting a rhd conversion tomorrow and ill be more jdm than any of u fuckers

Dirty Octopus™
08-13-2007, 11:06 AM
cuz its easier to say than USDM... :ninja:

§treet_§peed
08-13-2007, 11:08 AM
lol bitch my Snapper been had a RHD conversion since 99