PDA

View Full Version : If the postman delivered a package to your house and it had a different address on it

Kevykev
03-14-2005, 07:49 PM
I know this guy that's been receiving mail for some woman at his house. Instead of taking the ethical route and labeling the mail "Return to Sender" he just opens the package and pockets whatever is in it :lmfao:

Last week he intercepted a Flash Drive (USB Storage Unit) Probably valued at $40

what would you do?

VOTE NOW

Leisa
03-14-2005, 07:53 PM
awwwwww ..thats awful....

AznTraitor
03-14-2005, 07:57 PM
well, I've never done it, but the company has insurance and technically speaking...it's the post office's fault if it ended up on my doorstep...

like, let's say for you Leisa...

a box full of real Coach and Louie V bags.......

Kevykev
03-14-2005, 08:01 PM
well, I've never done it, but the company has insurance and technically speaking...it's the post office's fault if it ended up on my doorstep...

like, let's say for you Leisa...

a box full of real Coach and Louie V bags.......

Yeah but you're not aware of the contents until you open the box. This is a very etchical situation here. lol

Leisa
03-14-2005, 08:04 PM
ohh now why are yall putting me on the spot like that.... I would send back the louis vitton, and keep the coach...

Jaimecbr900
03-14-2005, 08:17 PM
Just in case morality doesn't get ya.....the LAW can. It is illegal to open anyone else's mail even if it's in YOUR mailbox. It is actually a felony if I'm not mistaken. A $40 usb drive is not worth going to jail for IMO. You'd be somebody's biotch in jail sure enough then..... ;)

AznTraitor
03-14-2005, 08:32 PM
well, I myself....open things in the mail.....like the other day, I had a best buy bill, and since I am a best buy card holder, I just cut it open and checked my bill....but was I suprised when it was 5,564....then I saw the name and addy.....mistakes happen.

Leisa
03-14-2005, 08:34 PM
i know my concsious (sp) would kill me if i did something like that

Jaimecbr900
03-14-2005, 08:38 PM
well, I myself....open things in the mail.....like the other day, I had a best buy bill, and since I am a best buy card holder, I just cut it open and checked my bill....but was I suprised when it was 5,564....then I saw the name and addy.....mistakes happen.

There's a difference between an honest mistake and just saying "screw it, it came to me, so it's their loss".

I too have made the same mistake too. I also went right then and walked next door and told them that I had mistakenly opened it. I appologized and moved on. But to purposely open it and keep opening them and keeping the stuff for yourself? That's totally different.

HyPer50
03-14-2005, 08:53 PM
Wow, what a coincidence.. This actually happened to me on saturday, dumbass postman delivered the package to my door, when it was for the lady upstairs... and you know how bad that curiousity gets.. you should of seen me.. shaking the package like a kid on christmas eve, trying to get any clue as to what it could be.. There happened to be a little tear in the package, so I tried to sneak a peek in there but all I saw was the wrapping. so to end it, I just took it up stairs and left it on her doorstep... that way I dont have to answer for the hole in the package, even though I didn't put it there.

Kevykev
03-14-2005, 09:00 PM
^ good man

Kevykev
03-14-2005, 09:01 PM
There's a difference between an honest mistake and just saying "screw it, it came to me, so it's their loss".

I too have made the same mistake too. I also went right then and walked next door and told them that I had mistakenly opened it. I appologized and moved on. But to purposely open it and keep opening them and keeping the stuff for yourself? That's totally different.

Exactly! This Thread is actually about a member on here...

Did someone say CALL the person OUT!!!???

FrnkPwrs
03-14-2005, 09:02 PM
I always give it back. A couple of weeks ago before i moved out of my apartment someone had sent a UPS package and my cousin signed for it and opened it. It was a package for the previous resident and it was a whole bunch of diabetes supplies

carrascopa
03-14-2005, 09:06 PM
fuk u kevin damn! i just opened the package that was on my doorstep bro? dont make me look like an ass

:lmfao:

Cliff
03-14-2005, 09:06 PM
if it is someone in my neighborhood or area i will take it to them...but if it's a long way away i will do the return to sender

Jaimecbr900
03-14-2005, 09:07 PM
Exactly! This Thread is actually about a member on here...

Did someone say CALL the person OUT!!!???

Oh, hell I'll say it if nobody will......

Who is it?

HiPSI
flip side to everything... how would you want your neighbor to take care of the same situation with your mail? say you just ordered your latest super cool Ebay cold air intake and your neighbor, who just so happens to also drive a civic, keeps your shit and leaves you high and dry?

HyPer50
fuk u kevin damn! i just opened the package that was on my doorstep bro? dont make me look like an ass

I had a feeling this thread was about you.... *busts out crucifix* The power of Christ compels you!

AznTraitor
03-14-2005, 09:15 PM
say you just ordered your latest super cool Ebay cold air intake and your neighbor, who just so happens to also drive a civic, keeps your shit and leaves you high and dry?

now you know that's a damn lie, Ebay doesnt have those super cool cold air intakes....

Kevykev
03-14-2005, 09:17 PM
if it is someone in my neighborhood or area i will take it to them...but if it's a long way away i will do the return to sender

Well Let's ask Alex what he did about the woman that wasn't in his neighborhood???? :bigok:

Kevykev
03-14-2005, 09:19 PM
Oh, hell I'll say it if nobody will......

Who is it?

haha look before your post LOL

AznTraitor
03-14-2005, 09:20 PM
Well Let's ask Alex what he did about the woman that wasn't in his neighborhood???? :bigok:

it was a vibrator wasnt it :D

HyPer50
03-14-2005, 09:20 PM

Well, hopefully it's something he can use.... *shivers at the thought of Carr trying on womens lingerie*

Ms Dollar
03-15-2005, 09:29 AM
i would do the return to sender although there is a subscription of sports illustrated that comes to me and chucks house and has the name Joe Dollar on it and my name is Brandi Dollar...so i just take it to my salon and let the guys there look at them...

00CIVICSI
03-15-2005, 10:06 AM
depends where it came from!

HyPer50
03-15-2005, 10:07 AM
depends where it came from!

It came from Bakalakadaka street.

Kevykev
03-15-2005, 10:27 AM
you people are funny :D

br3nn0n
03-15-2005, 10:45 AM
well it is a federal offense to tamper/open someone elses mail ... that's just stupid to get in trouble for. so yeah, if the address was a neighbor of mine i would personally deliver it, but if i had no clue as to where the package actually goes, then i would put the RTS on the package

BOOSTEDeg
03-15-2005, 01:55 PM
Opening someone elses mail is a FEDERAL offense. You get prosecuted big time if you get caught.

4dmin
03-15-2005, 02:05 PM
jail time... don't think so. send that shit back.

ISAtlanta300
03-15-2005, 02:32 PM
Opening someone elses mail is a FEDERAL offense. You get prosecuted big time if you get caught.

Exactly. Like Jaime and everybody was saying, it IS a federal offense. If your name is not on it, it is not yours.

It would be no different that "stealing mail". A serious offense.

Now the REAL question that is going to rock your noodle is:

Do you have the right to throw it away? Say you receive bills, magazines, Credit Card Applications etc of someone else... What if you throw it away with your junk mail?

Discuss.... :)

Reaper
04-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Just in case morality doesn't get ya.....the LAW can. It is illegal to open anyone else's mail even if it's in YOUR mailbox. It is actually a felony if I'm not mistaken. A $40 usb drive is not worth going to jail for IMO. You'd be somebody's biotch in jail sure enough then..... ;)

exactly

keevo54
04-17-2008, 09:05 PM
thats f ucked up. I would just give it to the correct address. If I orderr something and the post man make a mistake I would hope someone would have the courtesy to give it to me; if not they can enjoy the bad karma they get

quickdodgeŽ
04-17-2008, 09:07 PM
It is illegal to open anyone else's mail even if it's in YOUR mailbox.

Notice how you capitalized YOUR mailbox. Correct me if I'm wrong, Jaime, but even though it is your box isn't it, at the same time, federal property? Later, QD.

MistaCee
04-17-2008, 09:10 PM
I'd send it back my conscious would haunt me

redrumracer
04-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Notice how you capitalized YOUR mailbox. Correct me if I'm wrong, Jaime, but even though it is your box isn't it, at the same time, federal property? Later, QD.
yes it is actually property of the government while being used as a mailbox, but you are free to remove it or personalize it. and holy thread resurrection

MistaCee
04-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Oh yea way back in 05 damn..

TheProfiteer
04-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Wait i got a package one day, my address not my name though. Could not find a return address, I open it up and boom its a Gamecube, and a cheapo MP3 player.

LeX
04-18-2008, 12:16 AM
i get tons of mail for previous tenants in the place i rent.. i toss it in the trash i get mail for around 8 different people i cant deal wiht it... so i toss it

Kevykev
04-18-2008, 06:31 AM
2005... ahhhh The golden year!

Wurm
04-18-2008, 07:31 AM
i just throw mail sent to wrong house away unless its the next door neighboor

Kevykev
04-18-2008, 08:12 AM

:lmfao: :lmfao:

My Boy AC!

Damn i miss those days

HeLLo iM iZzY
04-18-2008, 08:49 AM
:lmfao: :lmfao:

My Boy AC!

Damn i miss those daysWhere's he at? I remember seeing him post all the time then he just dissapeared all of a sudden.

Kevykev
04-18-2008, 08:49 AM
In CalifornIA.

Ia?

He's back at home out west.

soul
04-18-2008, 05:59 PM
In CalifornIA.

Ia?

He's back at home out west.
yup yup, talked to him just a few days ago, lucky bastard livin it up out there

SouthSide Tay
04-18-2008, 11:29 PM
FREEBIE!!!!

Leadfoot_mf
04-19-2008, 04:38 PM
so what if you just throw it away without even opening it? i have written return to sender on so much mail my retarded mailman just keeps leaving it in the mail box. i have over 2 years worth of mail for the previous owner. what should i do with it?

SixSquared
04-19-2008, 07:16 PM
We get stuff all the time here for the people that used to live here (and they moved out 10 years ago). It's mostly junk mail, and we just chunk it. If it's something that looks important we drop it in the mail with a return to sender.

When I found out about a company using my FedEx account number to ship stuff, I re-routed the stuff to my house though. ^_^ Steal from me, I steal right back from you!

Kevykev
04-19-2008, 08:04 PM
When I found out about a company using my FedEx account number to ship stuff, I re-routed the stuff to my house though. ^_^ Steal from me, I steal right back from you!

that's pretty damn funny!