PDA

View Full Version : General Chat i've been thinking...car sale event?

speedminded
07-30-2007, 12:06 AM
uh oh, we all know what happens when the gears in my head start turning -- something is bound to go way wrong... :tongue:

Ever had a car for sale and hated the calls and having to schedule time from your day to meet with potential buyers so they can see and test drive, etc. Well, we've all been to flea markets, auctions, swap meets, and neighborhood yard sales but what about a car sale? Have a huge lot, half for "buyers" to park and half for sellers. One Saturday or Sunday say $15-20 to park your car that's for sale and you can either leave it there with a for sale sign all day or hang out and BS with potential buyers. What would you call such a thing?!

You could advertise the location & date of the event on your autotrader or craigslist ad and save everyone the headache of scheduling to see the car. A seller gets tons of publicity of their vehicle from buyers and a potential buyer gets to see handfuls of vehicles all at one time...everyone wins. It would be like a car show/meet but with each one for sale.

Does this seem logical at all? :thinking: :dunno:

sullen
07-30-2007, 12:09 AM
the way to sell a car is to put the potential buyer into the vehicle, drive away from other cars, and make them drive it. not put it into a lot with other deals. if you want them to buy your car, you have to make your car the only one they look at. not say, hey go look at jimmys car, its a sick ride.

gtikid
07-30-2007, 12:24 AM
uh oh, we all know what happens when the gears in my head start turning -- something is bound to go way wrong... :tongue:

Ever had a car for sale and hated the calls and having to schedule time from your day to meet with potential buyers so they can see and test drive, etc. Well, we've all been to flea markets, auctions, swap meets, and neighborhood yard sales but what about a car sale? Have a huge lot, half for "buyers" to park and half for sellers. One Saturday or Sunday say $15-20 to park your car that's for sale and you can either leave it there with a for sale sign all day or hang out and BS with potential buyers. What would you call such a thing?!

You could advertise the location & date of the event on your autotrader or craigslist ad and save everyone the headache of scheduling to see the car. A seller gets tons of publicity of their vehicle from buyers and a potential buyer gets to see handfuls of vehicles all at one time...everyone wins. It would be like a car show/meet but with each one for sale.

Does this seem logical at all? :thinking: :dunno:

SEEMS like a good idea, but how many of those cars do you actually think would get sold that day? :thinking: And also, who would those $15-$20 proceeds be going too? :thinking: Besides, I don't think anyone would actually pay to put their car for sale one day when they could pay to put their car in autotrader or post it up or something like that, ya know.

speedminded
07-30-2007, 12:33 AM
SEEMS like a good idea, but how many of those cars do you actually think would get sold that day? :thinking: And also, who would those $15-$20 proceeds be going too? :thinking: Besides, I don't think anyone would actually pay to put their car for sale one day when they could pay to put their car in autotrader or post it up or something like that, ya know.Organizers but could easily make it a charity event, just have to pay for the lot somehow too.

gtikid
07-30-2007, 12:45 AM
Organizers but could easily make it a charity event, just have to pay for the lot somehow too.

Yea I understand having to pay for the lot. But I mean would you really consider paying some cash to have your car "exposed" when you know where all the meets are around here and when and can get easy exposure for free from people that would actually be interested in potentially buying a modded car?

gtikid
07-30-2007, 12:47 AM
BUT, then again, it could become something big after while that people get the hang of and eventually remember and use it, and are like "hey, I wanna buy a car, let's go to the XXXXX". Or "hey I wanna sell my car, let's take it to the XXXXX". The samething used to go on at that flea market off of Jimmy Carter and Singleton, until the police stopped it haha

speedminded
07-30-2007, 12:48 AM
Yea I understand having to pay for the lot. But I mean would you really consider paying some cash to have your car "exposed" when you know where all the meets are around here and when and can get easy exposure for free from people that would actually be interested in potentially buying a modded car?not saying modded cars, that would lead to a bunch of BS test drives....just normal everyday cars. No differant than a Carmax or "buy here pay here" lots except it would be mostly or all privately owned vehicles.

Nissangeek
07-30-2007, 07:39 AM
You might want to check on the legality of all that. Rules for buying and selling cars are pretty strict in GA and you might need some sort of license.

speedminded
07-30-2007, 09:13 AM
You might want to check on the legality of all that. Rules for buying and selling cars are pretty strict in GA and you might need some sort of license.It's no differant than a yard sale silly.

But the more i think about it the more stupid it sounds, lol.

Nissangeek
07-30-2007, 11:09 AM
It's no differant than a yard sale silly.

But the more i think about it the more stupid it sounds, lol.

In some counties in GA you have to get a license to have a yard sale.

speedminded
07-30-2007, 11:39 AM
In some counties in GA you have to get a license to have a yard sale.It's only paperwork, a 8 year old girl with a lemonade stand is supposed to have a business/peddlers license in most cities too, lol.

DevilK9
08-06-2007, 07:51 AM
I would recommend canning the whole thing and listing on Craigslist. I got responses for my motorcycle within minutes and had the thing sold within a day. Easy as hell, and you get dozens of prospects in a short period of time. Each potential is already qualified in that they contacted YOU, which means you don't have to try to sell. Just pick which response looks the most legit.

Evil Goat
08-06-2007, 10:26 PM
we already have those in macon, theyre called "u park it, u sell it" basically a car lot for your car, you dont have to pay up front, they keep your keys and potential buyers dont hassle you, they can come by whenever to drive the car just like a car lot and when all is said and done you end up with a check in your hand minus the handling fee that was agreed to before putting your car there

the car lot itself reserves the right to remove any car at any time....so if its not selling or youre pricing it way too high they jack that shit off the lot and i think you still have to pay some type of reduced handling fee

Evil Goat
08-06-2007, 10:30 PM
plus seems to be a good idea, theyve been open here for atleast 10 years....and ive seen anything from beaters to $100k cars