PDA

View Full Version : antenna?

AnTi-PooN
07-29-2007, 09:14 AM
i dont get radio stations on my head unit. i think my antenna might be broke anybody know how to go about putting in a new one?

noridetoolow
07-29-2007, 05:05 PM
its a job but not too bad. Couple of phillips screws and the antenna will pull out..that is of cours AFTER you unhook it from the back of the radio and cut any clips that are probably existing under the dash. Just follow it from where it hooks to the radio and once you have it pulled free from under the dash you should be able to pull it up from the roof. remove your a pillar trim as well...that will help. When you put the new one in....just do the reverse....feed the new antenna wire through the hole in the roof and down the pillar....snake it along and under the dash....back to the radio....use a few zip ties to keep it under the dash and you good.

Jaimecbr900
07-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Maybe stating the obvious, but before you go thru all that.....check to see if the antenna jack came off the back of the HU first. ;)

Antennas are passive, therefore should rarely if ever go "bad". If it's not come unplugged, it may be more likely you have a problem elsewhere.

:2cents:

iEvo
07-31-2007, 02:42 PM
yea check behind the headunit 1st, THEN if thats all good do the work