PDA

View Full Version : How to bake headlights

civ97
07-27-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm tryin to fix the fogging in my headlights, and I've tried just about everything. I was recently told to bake my headlights, but I have no clue how to!! So if anyone can help me that would awesome!!! Let me know

thanks

2FST4U
07-27-2007, 03:34 PM
This depends on the make/model of the car. But here's my take on it:
Take the headlights off the car. You can also take out the light bulbs and the wiring from the headlight housing if you want. Next preheat the oven to about 200 degrees. Put the headlights on a baking sheet and put them in the oven for about 15 minutes. This is what's called "baking" the headlight. The process melts the glue that holds the glass front housing to the plastic backpanel. I guess you can push the housings together make sure they seal well. When the headlight cools down the glue should've sealed the headlight better.

If that doesn't work you can always pry apart the front of the housing from the back after you've baked the headlight. Then you can put more of the special 3m glue on the side of the housing, unite the housings and re-bake them.

iEvo
07-27-2007, 04:01 PM
its no big deal. i did it with my 350z lights along with my evo's lights. if worse comes to worse drill a small hole in the bottom of the headlight and that usally works about 90% of the time

RBS
07-31-2007, 09:41 PM
stick it in the oven lol

ryanh300
08-01-2007, 12:58 AM
The yellowing of your headlights wont be helped by baking them you have to wetsand/polish them. Do a google search for wetsanding your headlights, i did it with mine and they came out much better.

RBS
08-03-2007, 10:38 PM
^ well he said that it was yellowing IN his headlights, so im assuming that he wants to bake the suckas open and clean the inside part of the lens? :thinking:

Krappy
08-03-2007, 11:27 PM
i think he means condensation inside the headlights