PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Turbo maintenance question

Rabid Lemmin
07-26-2007, 12:57 PM
I plan on taking my turbo out and taking it apart to have the turbine side and downpipe Jet Hot coated. In the process, while I have it apart, I would like to clean it of any carbon deposits that may have built up on the blades. I do not intend to remove any of the seals or anything of that sort as would be done on a turbo rebuild, just basically clean the exhaust side. My concern is that since I am not completely taking the turbo apart, I don't want to use a chemical that may cause some breakdown of the seals. Any suggestions or advice would be welcome.

B18c1Turboed
07-26-2007, 01:33 PM
I plan on taking my turbo out and taking it apart to have the turbine side and downpipe Jet Hot coated. In the process, while I have it apart, I would like to clean it of any carbon deposits that may have built up on the blades. I do not intend to remove any of the seals or anything of that sort as would be done on a turbo rebuild, just basically clean the exhaust side. My concern is that since I am not completely taking the turbo apart, I don't want to use a chemical that may cause some breakdown of the seals. Any suggestions or advice would be welcome.

Brake cleaner!!! just spray it and it will be fine!!