PDA

View Full Version : Misc Tattoo Removal Advice Please...

Protege79
07-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Did an IA search but nothing came up, which is surprising, so I'm wondering if any of you twenty or thirty something's regret getting a particular tattoo and tried any of the fading creams on the market? You try to do research via the web and it seems like everyone is just blogging to make money so who knows which reviews are legit. :dunno:

Tat B Gone
http://www.bellezzaedieta.com/products/tatbgone.bmp

Tattoo-Off
http://www.bellezzaedieta.com/products/ACF9E3F.jpg

Anyone tried either or know someone who has?

Or if you were successful w/ laser removal, I'd welcome your recommendation.

Since Angelina's arm still looks like crap, I'm not very hopeful... :no:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6258/jolietattoo6pq.jpg

FYI sickos...I'm not interested in slicing off the skin and letting it heal.

redrumracer
07-26-2007, 05:37 PM
i heard that salt and ice on it would remove it?

Protege79
07-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks. I'm willing to give that a go if I can read more about it. I've had this particular one for 12 years and hate it! Unfortunately for me it's as vibrant as the day I first got it, so it's gonna be a tough one to fade. Just want to try something cheap before I blow 2k and a years time on the laser. I'm surprised no one on here has ever removed a tattoo. I think it's a girl thing. But hey, I will be the first and advise as to my success and/or failure.

Wish me luck! :goodjob: (as she walks to the freezer w/a salt shaker) :D

bdydrpdmazda
07-26-2007, 06:21 PM
your not really gonna do it are you

DrunkScotsman
07-26-2007, 06:22 PM
my boss has been tryin to get rid of his , he has went and got a few coats of white over it and then plans to get a diff. one there , you want it gone for good or just , covered up?

00CelicaGT
07-26-2007, 06:34 PM
wouldn't it be easier to just get another tatoo to cover it up.

Protege79
07-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Nope. Not trying ice & salt yet. Thought I'd try to file it off with my foot sander instead. :D

Honestly, I think I'm gonna try a cocktail of skin lighteners, peels and exfoliation for a few months and see if there's any noticeable fading. That's supposedly what's in all the "tattoo removal kits" but available at CVS.

I'd rather just kill it dead than let it live and breathe under a coverup. I'm reclaiming the skin beneath that tat in the name of Jesus! :devil::fire:

SL65AMG
07-26-2007, 09:13 PM
i heard that salt and ice on it would remove it?

lol....

thats the ticket. i also heard that for it to work you dont put it on the tattoo itself. you put it between your ass cheeks and let it work its magic.

and the burning feeling.... thats nothing its just cold.

Nissangeek
07-27-2007, 11:44 AM
I'm reclaiming the skin beneath that tat in the name of Jesus! :devil::fire:

The problem is, is that the ink is too deep for any of that crap to work. The only things that will fade it are time and sun, or the laser. All the salt and ice will do is freeze the skin which is not good and is a good way to get a bad infection. Go to the tanning bed and it might fade. Even the laser is not 100%. It doesn't always fade it completely out unless its a light black and grey tattoo. I'd go with the cover-up. You'll never really get rid of the tattoo.

Protege79
07-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Yep, I think I agree with you there. Unfortunately for me, the tats never seen the sun so hasn't faded any over the years and since I'm Irish I can't go crazy at the tanning salon. It would be fine if it was light and raised like some laser removals I've seen, but a big black cover up in this particular spot would be a bad idea. It would just make a bad thing worse.

Damn those Misfits and their horror punk! :super:

If anyone knows about tattoo coverups that slightly fade dark ink so that you can cover with a decent design lemme know.

Nissangeek
07-27-2007, 02:00 PM
You can get it lasered to lighten it and then get a cover up. Thats the best thing to do. Go see Tim at Lucky Draw Tattoo in Dallas. He does good cover ups and they're not all black. He's good at working color into them and making it look not look like a cover up.

Protege79
07-27-2007, 02:30 PM
You can get it lasered to lighten it and then get a cover up. Thats the best thing to do. Go see Tim at Lucky Draw Tattoo in Dallas. He does good cover ups and they're not all black. He's good at working color into them and making it look not look like a cover up.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u106/bucket_11_bucket/emot57.gif Will do.

Prolly should get professional advice before I make it worse. Thanks! :goodjob:

THEONE
07-27-2007, 02:59 PM
i saw a thing on tv a while back where they use small jolts of electricty on the tatoo and after 10 visits its damn near gone its $$$ though. you could just get another tatoo over that one check out octopus inks web site they are off sugaloaf in lville they do lots of cover up work that looks real good.

SixSquared
07-27-2007, 03:19 PM
The bitch about lasers is that they literally burn the ink to break it up... which means it hurts worse than when the tattoo got put on. I would see about getting it covered with something else.. if you wanna PM me with some things that are important to you, and the tattoo now, I can sketch up some coverup stuff.. I'm in the middle of getting one of my stupid tattoos from a party mistake covered, and have done coverup art for a couple of other people. I don't actually do tattoos yet, but I know the science and logic behind coverups, so I can draw designs that are useable as such.

Protege79
07-27-2007, 03:31 PM
The bitch about lasers is that they literally burn the ink to break it up... which means it hurts worse than when the tattoo got put on. I would see about getting it covered with something else.. if you wanna PM me with some things that are important to you, and the tattoo now, I can sketch up some coverup stuff.. I'm in the middle of getting one of my stupid tattoos from a party mistake covered, and have done coverup art for a couple of other people. I don't actually do tattoos yet, but I know the science and logic behind coverups, so I can draw designs that are useable as such.

I may do that just for a female's opinion (assuming you are a girl), but thinking about it, a coverup might be a waste of money since I haven't had a kid yet. Tummy stretchy no good. :no:

SixSquared
07-27-2007, 03:40 PM
lol yes, I am a girl. Depends on where on your stomach the tattoo is (which I'm assuming it's somewhere on there). Skin stretches less in some areas than in others.

There's a couple of different routes you can take, and pros and cons to each. When it boils right down to it, you can:

1 - Leave it be and not do anything about it.. just deal with it and think of it as a reminder of a different time in your life.
2 - Spend money on the lighteners/skin products and maybe lighten it, maybe not.
3 - Cover it now and have a tattoo that you really love, but will probably need a touch up later in life.
4 - Cover it up later, with the knowledge that tattoo coverups are like going back to college.. the longer you wait, the less likely you are to do it.

Up to you, ma'am!

Benefit
07-28-2007, 08:21 AM
get those air spray cans , turn it upside down and spray it on the tattoo

it will probably hurt

p.s. i just thought of that shit and if it works , let me know i will patent my idea

SL65AMG
07-28-2007, 11:22 AM
get those air spray cans , turn it upside down and spray it on the tattoo

it will probably hurt

p.s. i just thought of that shit and if it works , let me know i will patent my idea

well at least you dont have to worry about going through the patent process....

i still like the ice and salt idea..... ^^^

Kelly
07-28-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm reclaiming the skin beneath that tat in the name of Jesus! :devil::fire:
Whew, glory. I felt that ;)

lolz

Benefit
07-28-2007, 01:45 PM
no it will work i know it

mocha latte cupcake
07-28-2007, 01:46 PM
just to let you know tattoo lazers hurt like hell, i have a scar on my arm and i've been getting 5 different lazer treatments for like a year straight now, the tattoo one hurts the most! it burns off the skin, coterizes (sp?) the skin instantly, and will hurt like hell for 2 days at least. not trying to be a downer but it burns and hurts like a bitch, its well worth it, but expect the pain.

Benefit
07-28-2007, 01:49 PM
just.freeze.it.off

Protege79
07-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the advice, every little bit of knowledge helps, jokesters included. I really think I could endure the pain of a laser since I'd be removing it for personal reasons. Would be worth it to me, but damn it's gonna hurt bad, prolly worse than the back piece and I can't imagine sitting through anything as painful as that! :cry:

Also, thanks for the artist referrals cause my arms look like crap, and they wouldn't had I gotten referrals to start. :doh:

Benefit
07-28-2007, 03:33 PM
you don't need a laser. you need jeffery dohmer to bite your tattoo off

GSRteg®
07-28-2007, 04:12 PM
All I know is that laser is the only way, but that shit is going to hurt. :yes:

SixSquared
07-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the advice, every little bit of knowledge helps, jokesters included. I really think I could endure the pain of a laser since I'd be removing it for personal reasons. Would be worth it to me, but damn it's gonna hurt bad, prolly worse than the back piece and I can't imagine sitting through anything as painful as that! :cry:

Also, thanks for the artist referrals cause my arms look like crap, and they wouldn't had I gotten referrals to start. :doh:

Just my .02... you're obviously proud that your husband is in the military... why not get something that reflects that?

Protege79
07-28-2007, 04:52 PM
you're obviously proud that your husband is in the military... why not get something that reflects that?

Precisely what I was thinking, but I should wait and make sure he gets his MOS before I go doing a military tribute. The Airborne Ranger logo would be perfect to cover up a circle design, but wouldn't want to go getting ahead of his graduation. ;) I'll PM you a pic of the stupid tat along with some Army Wife designs I like and in your spare time maybe you could draw up a design to cover it. No rush, I won't be seeing my sweetie for several months.

Wow! My Gemini traits are really owning this thread. First it's creams and exfoliation, then it's laser removal, now it's a coverup. :thinking:

awwwww. my puppy is yelping in her sleep, how cute! :D

SixSquared
07-28-2007, 04:59 PM
not a problem.. I need to practice drawing anyways.. hands tend to get rusty after a while.. I'm actually about to go and sit for part of my cover up... it's gonna be badassssssssss

ORGANIZATIONXIII
07-29-2007, 03:29 PM
umm, I wanna see pics.. I'm suprised no one has asked..

and most likely for cost efficient reasons, etc. I think covering it up would be the wise decision..

SixSquared
07-29-2007, 03:34 PM
I have pics... they definitely need some work...

_Christian_
07-29-2007, 03:43 PM
ive been contemplating laser removal on a tattoo i got a few years back. fortunately it has faded somewhat to an almost gray color. shouldnt be too hard to remove. i went to the vain center and it's about $300 per treatment for my tat. does anyone know of any other good places for laser removal?

ep9716
07-29-2007, 11:37 PM
Your Fucked..................................

speedminded
07-30-2007, 01:07 AM
Thanks. I'm willing to give that a go if I can read more about it. I've had this particular one for 12 years and hate it! Unfortunately for me it's as vibrant as the day I first got it, so it's gonna be a tough one to fade. Just want to try something cheap before I blow 2k and a years time on the laser. I'm surprised no one on here has ever removed a tattoo. I think it's a girl thing. But hey, I will be the first and advise as to my success and/or failure.

Wish me luck! :goodjob: (as she walks to the freezer w/a salt shaker) :DIt's about $1,000 per square inch for laser removal isn't it?

thinkfast®
08-07-2007, 10:03 AM
theres a shop down in Tampa that was looking for people that wanted their tatts removed.. they do bad ass work and have a lazer machine there. Its called Black Kats right in the heart of Ybor City

tell em Ricky sent ya :D

Protege79
08-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Ybor City, my old stomping ground! Know it well. Thanks for the referal!

thinkfast®
08-08-2007, 12:26 PM
dogg u kiddin me, we spent many a nite over there w/ them club rats.. and that odyssey 2001 joint?? WE MADE IT RAIN SON hahaha

ilovemyhonda.
08-08-2007, 01:23 PM
i say dont get a tat unless you really want it so then you wont have to waste money on getting rid of it and having a ugly scar

b@d @pple
08-10-2007, 07:52 AM
a buddy iof mine got his wrist to elbow lasered..its fuckin nasty while its healing but after sveral laser session it was virtually gone

Wurm
08-10-2007, 08:24 AM
pics or gtfo ------------------>

punkr6
08-10-2007, 01:56 PM
the only way to remove a tattoo is laser, not only is it expensive about 300 bucks a session it hurts like hell and takes multiple sessions....your best bet is to have someone really good to cover it with something else if possible.