PDA

View Full Version : Misc heavy Weight Lifter

Crazy Asian
07-25-2007, 11:08 PM
No little prissy guys who just want to look cut...Im talking about packing on major pounds. I know there's powders out there that work but some never work on me. Creatin never really worked that well so I want to try something else. Right now I weigh at 169 which is extremely underweigh for a 6'5 giant like me and it's gonna be hard for me since I have an extremely high metabolism. Its to the point where the doctor said I have to somewhat double my calorie intake. Oh great. But is there any powder or anything that can help? I look like a twig and I really dont like that look so if any one can help me bulk up that would be greatly appreciated.

tony
07-25-2007, 11:19 PM
Two words.. Muscle Milk. What side of town are you on?

Crazy Asian
07-25-2007, 11:20 PM
Duluth. Its not even funny I just realized. I can finish a medium pizza, wings, and a 2 liter soda and still be hungry in less then 2 hours. Fuck,.

tony
07-25-2007, 11:28 PM
I got some ideas for you but i'm not a pro.. I'd say eating late in the day will help so your body has less time to burn it off. (edit) Big Breakfast and up the portions you take in, supplements will help.

If you weight train.. high weight & low reps. Again I am not a professional trainer but from experience if you can do more than 6 reps you're lifting too light. Do not do as much cardio ESPECIALLY on the days that weight train.. matter of fact don't do cardio at all on those days. I'm sure more people will chime in..

Crazy Asian
07-26-2007, 12:41 AM
aite ill try that. I usually dont eat breakfast....

Humphrizzle
07-26-2007, 07:31 AM
dont eat huge just because you need high calories

Muscle milk
up the workout.
cardio
Whey protein shakes
eat 5-6 times a day.

i used to weigh 235 and benched 355.

i now weigh a low 215 and only bench 300

con
07-26-2007, 07:55 AM
damn, 6'5" & 169lbs goodness...... I'm 6'4 and looked like a stick at 200. I was 265 back in the winter, now 245 and looking to tone on down to around 230ish. I'm currently taking the bowflex challenge.

I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum as you but as mentioned above; whey protein shakes, increasing the number of quality meals and free weights should help you. consistency is a must......

Creatine for me never helped me increase weight or muscle mass, I actually dropped from 235 to 212 while on creatine. The only advantage it gave me was helping me get my bodyfat percentage down to 7.2%. However I had teammates that bulked up 30+ lbs on the exact same diet and workout (weights & cardio). Results will be different for everyone, just have to find what works best for you.

Good luck...

GDuty5_Chic
07-26-2007, 08:12 AM
if you wanna come work out with me your welcomed to, I am in NE atlanta / Tucker area Shoot me a PM I usually go S,T,TH sometimes SAT

The_ CaneCorso
07-26-2007, 08:56 AM
I knew someone named thomas phillips that was 6'5 and skinny like that. He was half asian and going bald at 20.

Nissangeek
07-26-2007, 09:30 AM
First of all, Creatine is not a muscle builder or a protein shake. Creatine is a naturally occuring substance in your body that is used to break down sugars to create energy. Taking creatine only allows you to work out for a little longer than you could if you were not taking it. What you need to do is take in more calories than you burn. Thats how you gain weight. Make sure they are good calories and not just fat calories. No more than 1/5 (I think) of the calories should be from fat. It may be 1/3 so you may want to check on that. Increase you protein intake but also increase your carb intake since thats what your body runs off of. With no carbs you'll have no energy. I have a pretty good deal of experience in the area of wieght loss and gain being a former wrestler, so if you have any other questions just ask.

Greddypacked
07-26-2007, 11:00 AM
The older you get generally your matabolism will slow down, and try to eat more, bigger meals w/ a variety of foods. If you eat the same thing over and over your body will get rid of the unessasary protein, nutrients because you already have enough of that supplement being fed off already. Keep a good range of food cuz your body needs all kinds of vitamins, proteins, etc. to grow and feed off of. Even try weight gainer, it should pack on the right kind of calories for your muscles need to feed when you are done working out, or relaxing. Lol, lots of beer would get you fat, but that's not the kind of fat you want lol.

Crazy Asian
07-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Aite so more whey protein and eat more..well gonnns hit the gym.

Humphrizzle
07-27-2007, 01:54 AM
creatine holds water.

thats all you have to know.. it doesnt necessarily make you stronger, just bigger.

Greddypacked
07-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Oh yea, drink lots of water a day. Water is good for the whole body plus adding muscle when you work out, very healthy.

Crazy Asian
08-02-2007, 10:30 PM
Ya figure in about 3 weeks Im not gaining any pound even though Im packing on food and drinks...Im just getting cut. Blah maybe Im not meant to be big.

SampaGuy
08-02-2007, 11:22 PM
here u go, it has worked for me so far. read ALL of it

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

Crazy Asian
08-02-2007, 11:40 PM
thanks. Though Im very not certain I can get that big. Well I'll just be cut not big ass most people. SKINNY 6'5 ASIAN WITH 6 PACKS WOOO!!!

{X}Echo419
08-03-2007, 01:09 AM
? I look like a twig and I really dont like that look so if any one can help me bulk up that would be greatly appreciated.

you're going to have to undergo a major lifestyle change, from what your body type sounds like that is.

btw: did the Dr mention anything about you maybe having a over-active thyroid?

blurred visions
08-06-2007, 05:18 AM
I live in Duluth as well and I use to go to LA Fitness off sugarloaf/120. Xtreme nutrition is a store in the same shopping center, go in there, get oxevol and a bucket of Methyl-Efx (blueberry). Take these 2 products, work out 4-5 days a week, and I'm tellin you right now you'll make great gains in less than a month. It's cheating, but it works.

I personally gained about 15 lbs of muscle in 3 weeks. Talk to the guys in that store about it, they won't steer you wrong.

Dracc
08-06-2007, 06:34 PM
I use muscle milk... thats really good man.. works... as far as creatine your just gonna piss alot.... thats about it.. it fills your muscles with water to have the big look

Crazy Asian
08-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Blah...been working all I have going for me is pecs and almost six pack. I stop taking milk power and powered shakes. Getting pricey and fucking a I havent gained a single lb.

blurred visions
08-06-2007, 08:13 PM
It doesn't happen over night and can get pretty expensive if you buy supplements. Period.

somguy2u
08-07-2007, 03:16 PM
muscle milk is ok, i prefer Optimum %100 mixed with some more l-glutamine.

if you really awent to pack on muscle try one of the nitric-oxide deals out there. i tried it to see if the hype was all that. i put on so much weight soo fast. i stopped taking i after 3 months becasue i'd rather do that than buy new pants. i was using BSN nitrix, lifting 3 days a week and cardio 3 days a week. so, the stuff works, no doubt. you have to eat a crap ton of food too to put on weight

back when i was really into heavy lifting a few years back i did it on nothing but diet and exercise, not even using a protein powder. ever since i tore up my shoulder and knee i haven't much cared about being huge, just more being in shape.

creatine is crap, your body produces it naturally, if you take it every time you work out it's not all that productive.

NSX_Hopper
08-09-2007, 11:42 PM
if you looking to gain bulk that is muscle and not fat....take my advice, and it is the advice that alot of personal trainers and alot of guys in the gym give me....do one, just one cycle of roids, you will gain 30 pounds by the time the cycle ends, you will lose alittle when you come off but you keep around 15-20 pounds MUSCLE.
and for all of you about to say nooo noo...do not do roids....listen very closely, i have been working as a personal trainer at la fitness for 5 years,and i talk to alot of guys and i know for a fact that one cycle of roids will not hurt you or mess with your testosterone at all later in life......now if you go beyond one cycle that is different!

oh ya also the main way to gain bulk is to flood your body with protein...take 4-5 protein shakes daily, the pounds will come and since it is proteins, it will not be fat, you must stick to working out 5 times a week!

NSX_Hopper
08-09-2007, 11:55 PM
Blah...been working all I have going for me is pecs and almost six pack. I stop taking milk power and powered shakes. Getting pricey and fucking a I havent gained a single lb.
i am guessing you are an ectomorph, ectomorphs have high metabolisms and it is twice as hard to gain weight...start taking 4-5 protein shakes a day while working out for about a year, you may not gain a pound...but you will turn every bit of the fat on your body into muscle.

Crazy Asian
08-10-2007, 01:38 AM
blahahh I dont want to turn into the hercules kid. So far Im doing good. Pecs are formed and so forth. Blah.

admedlin
08-22-2007, 10:06 AM
everyone else is putting in their 2 cents, heres mine.

I'm about 6'2 and started working out in march. I was about 170ish, needed to gain weight. I joined a gym, worked out 3 days a week for about an hour for a month, got no results, besides a little more toned. I went to GNC, bought whey protein and a product from BSN, NOexplode. Its a powder, mix with water, drink it, then wait 20 minutes and you have crazy power. after about two months, I was up to 195, but mostly muscle, the rest was my *lower extremities* if you will.

that was my 2 cents, that helped me. But everyone will respond differently to working out and taking supplements. Another really good product is the muscle milk someone said. Just make sure whatever you decide to do, take multivitamins and drink a LOT of water. I was drinking a gallon or more a day. I had to piss a lot, but its good for you