PDA

View Full Version : Just FYI (Powder Coating, etc.)

Rabid Lemmin
07-25-2007, 03:16 PM
If anyone is looking for powdercoating, ceramic coating, cryo treatment, or REM/ISF treatment, a company in Cumming, Professional Cryogenics, is very competitively priced, and they have some great customer service. They did a silver ceramic coat on my turbo manifold, which started to peel due to heat, and when I called to price for a recoat, with a Jet Hot coat under the silver-ceramic, they said they'd redo it at no charge to back their original work.....which was over a year ago. Granted, a lot of people will say it shouldn't have peeled, but I was not anticipating the heat I ended up generating, and never asked for the Jet Hot coat to begin with. I plan on having my new brake rotors and pads cryo treated there when I replace them.

2.0civic
07-25-2007, 03:22 PM
why would you have rotors cryo'd

Sport1.3
07-25-2007, 03:26 PM
increases the strength of each rotor so it can hold under the tension of braking and resist warping under normal use. Plus, this process helps your rotors to last 33%longer than standard rotor replacements (according to Powerslot)

2.0civic
07-25-2007, 03:29 PM
how much is cryoing shit (generally)

redrumracer
07-25-2007, 03:31 PM

x2

Sport1.3
07-25-2007, 03:32 PM

"More then you can afford pal" :lmfao:

sry i know i'm lame....but i had to :(

2.0civic
07-25-2007, 03:33 PM
hell yeah, im broke as sheot right now

Sport1.3
07-25-2007, 03:36 PM
its actually not bad. But there really isnt a point in Cryo'ing your rotors when you can just buy them new like that and save money. now as far as getting tranny internals and such thats where you really want the stuff.

Rabid Lemmin
07-25-2007, 04:44 PM
I asked them how mch it would be, it's $40 per rotor. Which is cool if you get or are partial to rotors that aren't available pre-cryo'd. I hope someone does an engine rebuild soon and tries out the REM/ISF though, because I am curious as to the result.

**REM/ISF chemical treatment process.... http://www.rosler.com/www_roesler2004/rem_process_vibratory_finishing_2797_565_0_f.htm

evanscryo
07-26-2007, 05:53 PM
Hey guys, the company that Rabid is discussing is my company (Professional Cryogenic Metallurgy and Coatings). If anyone has any questions as to any of our many services they can gladly ask me and I will respond asap. By the way check out our site at www.procryo.com

redrumracer
07-26-2007, 06:14 PM
do you have just a general price list

Jaimecbr900
07-26-2007, 07:42 PM
This sounds very interesting and probably a worthwhile subject to get into, but it's very very close to free advertising which is not allowed.

Please contact an admin and see about advertising on this site correctly, please.

On a side note, please do make arrangements because right now good powder coaters and ceramic coaters are in demand. I know of one company that most people use that sometimes takes a long time to get to you. It would be nice to atleast have an alternative. :goodjob:

Rabid Lemmin
07-26-2007, 11:20 PM
My apologies, I wasn't trying to give free advertising.