PDA

View Full Version : AT&T several locations Hiring

Scrappy
07-25-2007, 02:30 PM
AT&T is hiring *cingular* :D

Conyers location, Stockbridge location, Decatur location, Midtown and brookhaven.

Lemme know if you have questions or need suggestions on how to get it :goodjob:

2.0civic
07-25-2007, 02:35 PM
damn i just got hired on with another sprint...

Doy ou know which agent has that new store off sugarloaf right at beaver ruin?

JDM onlyy
07-25-2007, 10:56 PM
PM'd on the Stockbridge Location

gtikid
07-26-2007, 12:21 AM
damn i just got hired on with another sprint...

Doy ou know which agent has that new store off sugarloaf right at beaver ruin?

Sugarloaf and Beaver Ruin??? :thinking:

gtikid
07-26-2007, 12:22 AM
AT&T is hiring *cingular* :D

Conyers location, Stockbridge location, Decatur location, Midtown and brookhaven.

Lemme know if you have questions or need suggestions on how to get it :goodjob:

You got that e-mail too? My store is soooooo ridiculously packed that is sucks. We have like 17-18 reps now and we're still getting 2 more :(

Scrappy
07-26-2007, 10:35 AM
You got that e-mail too? My store is soooooo ridiculously packed that is sucks. We have like 17-18 reps now and we're still getting 2 more :(

No email man! we have like 2 reps per store and its a FUCKING madhouse :screwy:

stupid people make me laugh though :bump:

JDM onlyy
07-26-2007, 02:13 PM

Lol, hoping for a call... :yes: :goodjob: :yes: :goodjob:

phd1ck
07-26-2007, 10:36 PM
i've been considering working at cell phone stores. how's the pay and working environment?

gtikid
07-26-2007, 11:40 PM

:eek: Only 2 people?? :lmao: We have AT LEAST 7 reps working at my store on Sunday. We're always suuuuper packed and we have so many people at my store, and yet we all still manage to hit our numbers. It's crazy how packed we get :yes:

Stupid people sure do make the day go by faster :crazy:

gtikid
07-26-2007, 11:40 PM
i've been considering working at cell phone stores. how's the pay and working environment?

Do you have any retail experience?

JDM onlyy
07-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Do you have any retail experience?

I don't but I applied anyways....I'm pretty sure I can catch on though. I'm a quick learner.. :goodjob:

IndianStig
07-26-2007, 11:55 PM
I have some heavy retail experience. Well, 2 years at target, 5 years at smaller companies. How's the pay work out?

Base+Comission? Hourly? Comission only?

gtikid
07-27-2007, 12:23 AM
I have some heavy retail experience. Well, 2 years at target, 5 years at smaller companies. How's the pay work out?

Base+Comission? Hourly? Comission only?

At corporate it's hourly+comission. I like it :goodjob:

You have some good retail experience, but most peoples like actual sales experience. But after seeing the last few people we've hired, ANYONE can get that job :lmao: Besides, selling a cell phone isn't hard work at all. Shit sells itself, everyone needs a phone :goodjob:

gtikid
07-27-2007, 12:24 AM
I don't but I applied anyways....I'm pretty sure I can catch on though. I'm a quick learner.. :goodjob:

It's easy shit, just intimidating at first. You don't wanna tell the customer the wrong thing, ya kno

2.0civic
07-27-2007, 11:18 AM
theres a new store off sugarloaf and five forks i mean lol not beaver ruin

IndianStig
07-27-2007, 01:04 PM
HOW OLD DO YOU HAVE TO BE STEVE? I WANNA WORK WEEKENDS AND 8-12 ON WEEK DAYS.

JDM onlyy
07-27-2007, 01:56 PM
It's easy shit, just intimidating at first. You don't wanna tell the customer the wrong thing, ya kno

Oh wow, well yeah I figured that. I think I can grasp it within a few days....

2.0civic
07-27-2007, 02:35 PM
HOW OLD DO YOU HAVE TO BE STEVE? I WANNA WORK WEEKENDS AND 8-12 ON WEEK DAYS.i only know of one agent who hired below 18 cause of contractual reasons/liabilities

good luck getting those hours though. 8-12 weekdays wont get you $$ on the commission side and the cingular agent i used to work for only gave weekends to their top weekly earners

JDM onlyy
07-27-2007, 03:21 PM
i only know of one agent who hired below 18 cause of contractual reasons/liabilities

good luck getting those hours though. 8-12 weekdays wont get you $$ on the commission side and the cingular agent i used to work for only gave weekends to their top weekly earners

Yay, glad I turned 18. Haha. I really do hope to get a job in phone sales though. Always wanted to work as one, don't really know why, just thought it was a cool job.

2.0civic
07-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Yay, glad I turned 18. Haha. I really do hope to get a job in phone sales though. Always wanted to work as one, don't really know why, just thought it was a cool job.the job really is what you make it to be...If you can, get on with CORPORATE. With that being said, its hard as HELL to just "walkin" to any corporate store and get hired. They would rather hire people who have worked at agents locations before because they know the system and have basics of customer service

Basically in phones:

Know your product, you will do good; know OTHER companies product, you will do BETTER!

I worked for a AT&T agent for about a year and a half...Loved the job but our locations sucked and within a 6 month period, we went from 12 stores to 4 and those 4 still sucked. So i went to sprint. LOL. It actually helps me with my customers because i can explain to them how other phone networks work

Here is how i would rate the companys:

1. AT&T/cingular- Why are they #1? Everyone and their mom has them and alot of your calls are free. Not only that, they have sim carded phones (IE you can get a good deal on a phone and not extend a contract). Good plans, rollover, Decent customer service

2. Verizon- They are number 2 because they have excellent signal also BUT they dont have sim carded phones (extending a contract everytime you get a new one). Even if you buy the phone outright, you extend the SERVICE contract, NOT the upgrade eligibility conditions (2 different things). Plans are a little steep as well as their phones. #2 for signal though

3. sprint- They are number 3 because they have good phones, EXCELLENT customer service (minus wait times; their cust. service is good cause people are always bitching about bills=alot of free shit for you) and decent plans. Signal is decent but there are a few places that i KNOW FOR A FACT verizon and cigular will not get signal where sprint will. I also know of places where cingular picks up where NOBODY else will also., Anyway.

That leaves

4. Tmobile- Shitty customer service, plans are decent i guess depending on how you use the phones, phones suck unless you buy unlocked ones, coverage sucks balls in alot of places but does very well in others

Corporate=if you can sell, more money. A little better base pay (depending on experience), benefits, and better deals on phones

Agents(From MY OWN experience)= One of two ways. Either good pay, good company, possibility of benefits or shitty pay, shitty company, no benefits

GTIkid and Scrappy can probably give you their experiences also.

GTIkid now works for corporate but i beleive (may be wrong) worked at an agent before also

JDM onlyy
07-28-2007, 03:36 PM
the job really is what you make it to be...If you can, get on with CORPORATE. With that being said, its hard as HELL to just "walkin" to any corporate store and get hired. They would rather hire people who have worked at agents locations before because they know the system and have basics of customer service

Basically in phones:

Know your product, you will do good; know OTHER companies product, you will do BETTER!

I worked for a AT&T agent for about a year and a half...Loved the job but our locations sucked and within a 6 month period, we went from 12 stores to 4 and those 4 still sucked. So i went to sprint. LOL. It actually helps me with my customers because i can explain to them how other phone networks work

1. AT&T/cingular- Why are they #1? Everyone and their mom has them and alot of your calls are free. Not only that, they have sim carded phones (IE you can get a good deal on a phone and not extend a contract). Good plans, rollover, Decent customer service

2. Verizon- They are number 2 because they have excellent signal also BUT they dont have sim carded phones (extending a contract everytime you get a new one). Even if you buy the phone outright, you extend the SERVICE contract, NOT the upgrade eligibility conditions (2 different things). Plans are a little steep as well as their phones. #2 for signal though

3. sprint- They are number 3 because they have good phones, EXCELLENT customer service (minus wait times; their cust. service is good cause people are always bitching about bills=alot of free shit for you) and decent plans. Signal is decent but there are a few places that i KNOW FOR A FACT verizon and cigular will not get signal where sprint will. I also know of places where cingular picks up where NOBODY else will also., Anyway.

That leaves

4. Tmobile- Shitty customer service, plans are decent i guess depending on how you use the phones, phones suck unless you buy unlocked ones, coverage sucks balls in alot of places but does very well in others

Corporate=if you can sell, more money. A little better base pay (depending on experience), benefits, and better deals on phones

Agents(From MY OWN experience)= One of two ways. Either good pay, good company, possibility of benefits or shitty pay, shitty company, no benefits

GTIkid now works for corporate but i beleive (may be wrong) worked at an agent before also

Thanks, :goodjob: that's a lot of good info. I guess working with an agent wouldn't hurt to get the experience needed to work with corporate. Either way I would love to get into phone sales and I have to get started somewhere. :D I just hope I get hired...

gtikid
07-28-2007, 08:54 PM
the job really is what you make it to be...If you can, get on with CORPORATE. With that being said, its hard as HELL to just "walkin" to any corporate store and get hired. They would rather hire people who have worked at agents locations before because they know the system and have basics of customer service

Basically in phones:

That leaves

Nope. Never worked for an agent. I used to work at Sprint corporate too :D Like you said, really know the competitions stuff helps out too b/c you can talk shit about them haha. Personally, I like corporate better b/c I have a few friends that works for agents and some/most of them have said the pay isn't all too good. I do know an agent that a cousin of mine works at where he makes BANK. Like crazy bank. I had a friend that tried to apply at AT&T almost 2 years and they told her that they wanted at least a year of SALES experience before hiring her. They're looking for sales people with experience that they can just train to sell their product, not train to sell period.

Our benefits are fucking awesome and the pay, well I can't really talk about the pay right now. I've been getting fucked over for the past year haha. My dumbass manager put me in as a full-timer instead of a part-timer. So i've been hitting my numbers and PASSING my numbers but since I was put in as a full-timer, it looks like i'm doing like shit. My checks are still pretty good, but they should be A LOT better since i'm a part-timer doing full-time numbers :D

Also goodluck getting a job with those hours that your looking for. They'll look at that and say "ok thanks, next" :lmao: Sorry....

JDM onlyy
07-28-2007, 11:35 PM
Also goodluck getting a job with those hours that your looking for. They'll look at that and say "ok thanks, next" :lmao: Sorry....

Lol, as of right now, I'll take any hours...so I guess I'm good on that.

ep9716
07-29-2007, 11:41 PM
:eek: Only 2 people?? :lmao: We have AT LEAST 7 reps working at my store on Sunday. We're always suuuuper packed and we have so many people at my store, and yet we all still manage to hit our numbers. It's crazy how packed we get :yes:

Stupid people sure do make the day go by faster :crazy:

Cuz Its Funny LOL :2up: Stupid People...!

Incomplete057
08-09-2007, 08:05 AM
Whats the hours looking like. Im looking to go back to school so Im in need of aN
8-5. Worked at a cell phone accesory kiosk for 4 years. Now I do CSR/Patient Account Rep/Collections. They wont give me 8-5. I have been here for 2 years.

.blank cd
08-18-2007, 02:24 AM
You guys know anything about AT&T hiring in the NW side of GA i.e. marietta, kennesaw, acworth? I sold cars for about a year, been in retail/foodservice since, and i speak spanish. LMK

Scrappy
08-18-2007, 12:04 PM
all my locations dont do half days or different shifts its open to close which is 9:30-8:30 mon-friday and 9:30-7:30 saturday and 11:30-6:30 sundays.

and i agree being in a agent helps out considering i want to get into the corporate locations but no rush with it yet. soon if i keep having to cover for stupid people they hire.

Everyone that sent me something I sent them in and sent recommendation letters, if you havent heard back than I am sorry, all i can do is throw it out there that they are hiring.

and yes AT&T is #1 not cause i work there but because its true.

gtikid
08-18-2007, 12:22 PM
all my locations dont do half days or different shifts its open to close which is 9:30-8:30 mon-friday and 9:30-7:30 saturday and 11:30-6:30 sundays.

and i agree being in a agent helps out considering i want to get into the corporate locations but no rush with it yet. soon if i keep having to cover for stupid people they hire.

Everyone that sent me something I sent them in and sent recommendation letters, if you havent heard back than I am sorry, all i can do is throw it out there that they are hiring.

and yes AT&T is #1 not cause i work there but because its true.

Numbers don't lie :goodjob:

If you guys want to know if corporate is hiring, I suggest going to www.cingular.com/careers and checking back every week and seeing if a location near you is hiring. It's a lot easier than asking us plus it'll be more accurate :goodjob:

CRXDX
08-22-2007, 03:48 PM
i work in midtown

KPowerEP3
08-23-2007, 12:05 AM
Still looking in either conyers or S-bridge?