PDA

View Full Version : 29,000 sex offenders using social networking site MySpace

Friggintitsman
07-25-2007, 09:28 AM
I found this rather amusing since most of you love to post your myspace pages on here.

MORE than 29,000 registered United States sex offenders have been found to have profiles on popular social networking website My-Space, it emerged last night.

The figure is more than four times that cited by the firm two months ago, law- enforcement officials said.

Roy Cooper, the attorney-general in North Carolina, was among several legal figures in the US who demanded the website provide data on how many registered sex offenders were using its service, along with information about where they live.

MySpace began sharing the information in May after states filed legal requests. At the time, MySpace said it had used a database it helped create to remove the profiles of about 7,000 sex offenders, out of a total of about 180 million profiles on the site.

Mr Cooper is pushing for legislation that would require children to receive parental permission before creating social networking profiles and require websites to verify parents' identities.

VooDooXII
07-25-2007, 01:35 PM
"On the downside, they're also loaded with sexual predators. On the upside, they're also loaded with sexual prey."

Z33_kid
07-25-2007, 01:37 PM
thts good lol

04CoorsCan
07-25-2007, 01:38 PM
"On the downside, they're also loaded with sexual predators. On the upside, they're also loaded with sexual prey."

LOLLLAZZZZ...yup...

Sol-Badguy
07-25-2007, 01:40 PM
MOTHERFUCKINGLAWL.

TheGodfather
07-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Not suprising to me at all.

OneSlow5pt0
07-25-2007, 01:45 PM

lol,thats the quote of the day

GSRtegŪ
07-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Myspace a place for friends right lol

speedminded
07-25-2007, 01:50 PM
I found this rather amusing since most of you love to post your myspace pages on here.

MORE than 29,000 registered United States sex offenders have been found to have profiles on popular social networking website My-Space, it emerged last night.

The figure is more than four times that cited by the firm two months ago, law- enforcement officials said.

Roy Cooper, the attorney-general in North Carolina, was among several legal figures in the US who demanded the website provide data on how many registered sex offenders were using its service, along with information about where they live.

MySpace began sharing the information in May after states filed legal requests. At the time, MySpace said it had used a database it helped create to remove the profiles of about 7,000 sex offenders, out of a total of about 180 million profiles on the site.

Mr Cooper is pushing for legislation that would require children to receive parental permission before creating social networking profiles and require websites to verify parents' identities.That makes no sense at all, if they are a registered sex offender than that means they [supposed to] know exactly where they live and each and everytime they move....if you don't have that address to go with that name then how on earth is myspace to know someone with the similar name is a sex offender????

Myspace would have to coordinate IP addresses with each and every internet provider just to determine if the name is actually a match -- but first they would have to research each and every sex offenders address to even know who to look for. What if they moved without notifying someone...is myspace supposed to research the person's age to their name to figure out if they are even a similiar match to an offender or not?!

Something doesn't seem logical? I despise sex offenders more than anything but doesn't our gov't have the resources to do all this themselves?!!! If anything contract hire people with myspace to do it, i'd be more than willing to browse day after day looking for and fucking with registered sex offenders that aren't reporting there whereabouts.

VooDooXII
07-25-2007, 02:10 PM
LOLLLAZZZZ...yup...

By the way, that was Demitri Martin...not me. :goodjob:

That dude's funny as hell.