PDA

View Full Version : Misc georgia tech

LSTurboHatch
07-24-2007, 12:52 PM
so who all goes to georgia tech. i plan to go there in the spring. last year i went to UAH in huntsville, and this semester i am going to UTC here in chattanooga. GT is my dream school so hopefully ill be there. im currently an MAE student but ill probably just stick with mechanical at GT.

efman
07-24-2007, 12:55 PM
well i'm about two years away from tech

xLSTONEx
07-24-2007, 01:21 PM
so who all goes to georgia tech. i plan to go there in the spring. last year i went to UAH in huntsville, and this semester i am going to UTC here in chattanooga. GT is my dream school so hopefully ill be there. im currently an MAE student but ill probably just stick with mechanical at GT.
do they still cruise that "L" in Cleveland?

bigdare23
07-24-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm a ME major at tech. I hope you have good study habits LOL.

ShooterMcGavin
07-24-2007, 08:07 PM
gl at tech

osnap
07-24-2007, 10:47 PM
talk to VooDooXIII... Im pretty sure he goes to Tech

Kyle
07-24-2007, 11:34 PM
Me me me. Dont know how tech could be someones dream school though. Doing fucktons of work isnt too dreamy to me.

Driftk1d350z
07-25-2007, 12:14 AM
i got into tech, but im not going there...im gonne be a doctor instead of an engineer

IndianStig
07-25-2007, 12:18 AM
im going to sa tate for international economics.

im pretty sure i want to do something along the lines of business development so pretty much i just gotta get some bullshit degrees, learn the basics and bullshit my way into a 200$k/yr position.

BTW, voodooxii

he know it all
his sig says it all though

VooDooXII
07-25-2007, 12:54 AM
See sig...

EDIT: :lmfao: Thanks Mehul.

I hope you're a eunuch. Women here are few and far between...but other than that, it's a good school...you'll get quite a college experience here.

LSTurboHatch
07-25-2007, 09:32 AM
^^ ive heard that GT was rough. i may just stay at UTC. UAH wasnt so bad, but there were absolutely no good looking women there.

do they still cruise that "L" in Cleveland?
yep just about every night. friday and saturdays are the big nights though.

changaroo
07-25-2007, 11:05 AM
tech is rough... deans list is a 3.0, so that should tell you something. most ivy leagues deans lists are at 3.5 ish...

so yeah.

VooDooXII
07-25-2007, 01:10 PM
There are some good looking girls here, but it's NOTHING compared to places like Emory, or State, or UGA.

In fact...I got this from wikipedia through imbosile, who's another GTer.

Other school initiatives aimed at improving student life include the administration's efforts to boost female enrollment at the school. Historically, female enrollment at engineering institutions has been quite low, and Georgia Tech is no exception. With about twice as many male students as females, Georgia Tech has one of the most unbalanced male-to-female ratios of any co-ed university.

Deke
07-25-2007, 04:01 PM
It's a great school, and it will definitely put you ahead in life. Just don't come here for the ultimate party experience. I mean, I personally have a great time, but much greater times could be had elsewhere (UGA).

changaroo
07-25-2007, 04:03 PM
There are some good looking girls here, but it's NOTHING compared to places like Emory, or State, or UGA.

what a lie.
girls that go to tech get an automatic +5 to their ratings :D

keevo54
07-25-2007, 04:05 PM
what a lie.
girls that go to tech get an automatic +5 to their ratings :D
Whats it called again? Tech goggles, haha. UGA is more fun and a hell of a lot easier

changaroo
07-25-2007, 04:07 PM
or you can just go to tech weekdays, and go to UGA for the weekends :P to get best of both worlds.

did that for a bit, until gas started getting expensive :S

Stormhammer
07-25-2007, 04:29 PM

In fact...I got this from wikipedia through imbosile, who's another GTer.

Southern Poly beasts GT on the Male To Female Ratio... by a long, long shot.

Tracy
07-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Dan went to Tech and he's a bitch boy.

Nemesis
07-25-2007, 04:36 PM
We have an intern here at RedHat that goes to Tech, anyone know Jake Nunn?

MR2DR
07-25-2007, 04:58 PM
i got into tech, but im not going there...im gonne be a doctor instead of an engineer

that's why you major in the sciences :goodjob:

ShooterMcGavin
07-25-2007, 05:30 PM
Southern Poly beasts GT on the Male To Female Ratio... by a long, long shot.
not to sound like a snob but that GT degree "beasts" a degree from southern by a long, long shot as well. :goodjob:

Stormhammer
07-25-2007, 06:04 PM
not to sound like a snob but that GT degree "beasts" a degree from southern by a long, long shot as well. :goodjob:

lol you got me

I dunno, I know a guy who majored with an ME and can only get a job as a waiter @ O'Charley's

but I have my reasons for going to SPSU over GT ( lol its sad that architecture isn't an accredited major @ GT but it is @ SPSU )

ShooterMcGavin
07-25-2007, 06:29 PM
lol you got me

I dunno, I know a guy who majored with an ME and can only get a job as a waiter @ O'Charley's

but I have my reasons for going to SPSU over GT ( lol its sad that architecture isn't an accredited major @ GT but it is @ SPSU )
u'll always have the runts of the litters, doesn't mean they fuck up the avg salary and positions of the others though :D

IDCoconut
07-25-2007, 10:32 PM
I think if you're looking to get a more hands on experience you should be at SPSU. Also, SPSU is known in GA, so if you plan to stay here, you're good to go. If not, then you better get your PE asap if you are going to SPSU.

Honestly, more SPSU students get hired right off the bat from graduation compared to GT graduates. Mainly because there are usually more GT graduates and that MOST of them have no experience what-so-ever and have low, low GPA's. SPSU students can have a 2.5 and still get hired at a decent 45k job because he/she's got a focus on their study (HVAC, Machine Design, etc.) and USUALLY have experience via co-op or internship. I'm not arguing that SPSU is better, because it isn't. But sometimes one has to know his/her limits and know what is best for his/her situations. That includes money. We all know starting out, a GT degree will take you further, but once you're a PE, most of that is thrown out of the window.

Just wondering, but what is the avg. starting salary of GT ME graduates? I know in 2006, SPSU's was around 44k for an MET graduate, which isn't bad at all. That is 3k less than GT ME graduates in 2003, which was at 47k.

Kyle
07-25-2007, 10:42 PM
tech is rough... deans list is a 3.0, so that should tell you something. most ivy leagues deans lists are at 3.5 ish...

so yeah.
Yeah its tough for a lot of people. Most of the ppl at tech are the kids who didnt ever have to study or do work in high school to do well. That does not work at tech

BTW: When you move in after christmas break you get to hear great stories in the hall of GPA's under 2.0 and how they lost the hope. Not me though :ninja:

ShooterMcGavin
07-25-2007, 11:13 PM
I think if you're looking to get a more hands on experience you should be at SPSU. Also, SPSU is known in GA, so if you plan to stay here, you're good to go. If not, then you better get your PE asap if you are going to SPSU.
if spsu is known in ga then that's automatically insinuating that gt is known ALL OVER :goodjob:

Honestly, more SPSU students get hired right off the bat from graduation compared to GT graduates. Mainly because there are usually more GT graduates and that MOST of them have no experience what-so-ever and have low, low GPA's. SPSU students can have a 2.5 and still get hired at a decent 45k job because he/she's got a focus on their study (HVAC, Machine Design, etc.) and USUALLY have experience via co-op or internship. I'm not arguing that SPSU is better, because it isn't. But sometimes one has to know his/her limits and know what is best for his/her situations. That includes money. We all know starting out, a GT degree will take you further, but once you're a PE, most of that is thrown out of the window.

hmmm why is that i wonder...

Just wondering, but what is the avg. starting salary of GT ME graduates? I know in 2006, SPSU's was around 44k for an MET graduate, which isn't bad at all. That is 3k less than GT ME graduates in 2003, which was at 47k.

dunno, but i'm pretty sure u can find out somewhere on their website. and it's not bad at all, but tech definitely has more "brand recognition" so u could just as easily get a top notch job outside of the state and oftentimes go further w/it in the long run.

VooDooXII
07-26-2007, 01:22 AM
or you can just go to tech weekdays, and go to UGA for the weekends :P to get best of both worlds.

did that for a bit, until gas started getting expensive :S

You drive a Civic! 30+ mpg!

I should try that sometime though.

sleepys4
07-26-2007, 01:59 AM
I thought about going there, Still thinking about transferring. Every time i do that, some that goes there always steers me away. Probably for good reason, i can't imagine doing the studying some of my friends do. Makes my head hurt just looking at them.

changaroo
07-26-2007, 03:42 AM

Honestly, more SPSU students get hired right off the bat from graduation compared to GT graduates.

I know many GT students that get hired before they even graduate :)

Mainly because there are usually more GT graduates and that MOST of them have no experience what-so-ever and have low, low GPA's. SPSU students can have a 2.5 and still get hired at a decent 45k job because he/she's got a focus on their study (HVAC, Machine Design, etc.) and USUALLY have experience via co-op or internship. I'm not arguing that SPSU is better, because it isn't. But sometimes one has to know his/her limits and know what is best for his/her situations. That includes money. We all know starting out, a GT degree will take you further, but once you're a PE, most of that is thrown out of the window.

we'll damn, if thats the case. we should all transfer to SPSU since you make it sound like a miracle GT alternative.

something tells me this guy goes there and is in denial -.-

btw tech has an amazing co op program, so before you say anthing about experience, its there.

btw undergrad ME salaries are at around ~55k i believe.

IDCoconut
07-26-2007, 09:24 AM
Lol. you guys are taking this too personal. Did you even read half of my post?

I was just stating the differences and to let people know how it is. Not saying SPSU is better than GT at all. Did you all read this?

"I'm not arguing that SPSU is better, because it isn't. But sometimes one has to know his/her limits and know what is best for his/her situations. That includes money. We all know starting out, a GT degree will take you further, but once you're a PE, most of that is thrown out of the window."

If you're one of the 1.5-2.0 GPA'ers in GT, don't be looking to transfer to SPSU and do that much better.

Some of you just need to calm down.

Just to give you some background, I had the choice of going to Auburn, GA Southern, GT, or SPSU. I'm going to SPSU because I really liked it and what my situation was at the time.

efman
07-26-2007, 11:58 AM
See sig...

EDIT: :lmfao: Thanks Mehul.

I hope you're a eunuch. Women here are few and far between...but other than that, it's a good school...you'll get quite a college experience here.
dude techs in the heart of atlanta i dont think it should be to hard to find girls, unless your the type that sucks at getting girls.... :rolleyes:

VooDooXII
07-26-2007, 12:00 PM
dude techs in the heart of atlanta i dont think it should be to hard to find girls, unless your the type that sucks at getting girls.... :rolleyes:

Pretty much...but I never got out much anyway. If you're doing engineering at Tech, you'll definitely be bogged down with work...so there's little time to yourelf. Check my sig...haha.

As for the girls bit...that's a different story, but don't judge me.

efman
07-26-2007, 12:11 PM
i'm planning on the business management,

no dude i was'nt trying to judge i'm just saying i here so many people talk about how they would never go to tech because of the girls and i just cant see how its so bad when your in the middle of atlanta, with tech and gsu and plus just people living in atlanta thats all i was trying to say

ShooterMcGavin
07-26-2007, 05:52 PM
riding the M train huh? :D

VooDooXII
07-26-2007, 11:03 PM
i'm planning on the business management,

no dude i was'nt trying to judge i'm just saying i here so many people talk about how they would never go to tech because of the girls and i just cant see how its so bad when your in the middle of atlanta, with tech and gsu and plus just people living in atlanta thats all i was trying to say

I must say...lots of girls in management. :goodjob:

Well like I said earlier...first year's a bitch and I never really got out much, plus I suck with women so that doesn't help. I guess people just complain because Tech just doesn't have that many girls available so they've got to go that extra step...out in the city, out to other colleges...which goes a little against the whole college stereotype, but hey...where there's a will there's a way, right?

I need to do some exploring I guess.

Kyle
07-26-2007, 11:31 PM
We have an intern here at RedHat that goes to Tech, anyone know Jake Nunn?
There is around 20k students at tech George. What are the chances asshat?

Kyle
07-26-2007, 11:33 PM
If you're under 21 and not in a frat good luck. Frat scene is the main social life on campus, and thats where the girls are. And if you're not in a frat you can go to bars. But if you're under 21 it still sucks. Thats the way it is puto.

VooDooXII
07-26-2007, 11:36 PM
If you're under 21 and not in a frat good luck. Frat scene is the main social life on campus, and thats where the girls are. And if you're not in a frat you can go to bars. But if you're under 21 it still sucks. Thats the way it is puto.

TRUTHERY

Damn near any attractive girl is a ZTA...and you must be in a frat to even think about getting near them. I found that out firsthand...what a bitch. :screwy:

Kyle
07-26-2007, 11:49 PM
TRUTHERY

Damn near any attractive girl is a ZTA...and you must be in a frat to even think about getting near them. I found that out firsthand...what a bitch. :screwy:
Def. Zetas and AD Pi's are both pretty good. But being in a frat def. gives you the upper hand IMO.

VooDooXII
07-26-2007, 11:52 PM
IMO in this case meaning In My Observation.

It's true.

OneSlow5pt0
07-27-2007, 01:00 AM
y does it even matter bout girls on campus........ur grown men,u cant look around ATL,lol....this aint middle school

imbosile
07-27-2007, 01:10 AM
ME tech student here, a nice thing that tech does now is if you fail a class during your first 2 semesters at tech, you can retake the class within your next 4 semesters and the grade will be replaced on your gpa. not sure if other schools do that too.

this policy helped me go from a 1.83 after my first semester, up to a 2.55 after my second semester. it pretty much saved my ass, but i have a lot of work to do this year coming up.

these guys speak the truth about the girl situation, it's horrible. luckily i have a girlfriend that goes to another school.

seksehowy
07-27-2007, 01:24 AM
y does it even matter bout girls on campus........ur grown men,u cant look around ATL,lol....this aint middle school

word.

im transferring to tech this fall 07 actuallly. any tips? oh im already in, i just need to get classes and stuff. but any additional help would do :) like where do i park lol

GTScoob
07-27-2007, 03:10 AM
I'm going to be the one to disagree with this statement. There are plenty of available girls at Tech and the ratio evens out when you factor out guys that sit in front of their computer screens all day or go to parties and dont bother hitting on girls. That being said, I've always looked elsewhere for girls and just might graduate Tech without ever having been in a serious relationship with a Tech girl. You're in the middle of Atlanta, there's always house parties with kegs and girls if you're under 21. Join a club and meet people, they'll have parties and then you can meet more people. If you're living in a freshmen dorm there are lots of girls that will go crazy since they just moved out of mommy and daddy's house.

Being in a frat makes no difference in getting girls unless you're aiming for the girls that are in sororities. Again, like I said above, go to house parties in Home Park and you will find loose bitches.

Engineering is no joke at Tech, I lasted 2.5 years of AE and ME before finally switching to International Affairs. I'm much happier now and there are a lot more girls in the classes, not like that really matters to me. Its kind of nice going to classes and being able to focus on the material and not be distracted by girls, although the eye candy can help when the topics being discussed are boring.

SniperJoe
07-27-2007, 03:39 AM
riding the M train huh? :D

Hey! :2up:

:D

I actually USE my degree, unlike most of the people who get it. And yes, there are a LOT more women on that side of 75/85.

bigdare23
07-27-2007, 06:23 AM
there's parties @ tech? I guess I'm always left out in the cold....

imbosile
07-27-2007, 08:31 AM
Its kind of nice going to classes and being able to focus on the material and not be distracted by girls, although the eye candy can help when the topics being discussed are boring.

Actually I've never thought of it that way, but you are kinda right. That's a good point haha.

Kyle
07-27-2007, 11:18 AM
The M train is FTW. If you switch into Management because you hate calculus or something I have little respect for you, but if you start out management thats cool. I'd rather be a business major at tech than UGA.

imbosile
07-27-2007, 12:26 PM
The M train is FTW. If you switch into Management because you hate calculus or something I have little respect for you, but if you start out management thats cool. I'd rather be a business major at tech than UGA.

Yeah true, I don't like it when ppl drop from engineering and hop onto management. i'm not gonna lie though, i've considered the M train a few times.

VooDooXII
07-27-2007, 01:23 PM
My room-mate did the exact opposite. He came into Tech as Management...but then he switched to Comp. E.

imbosile
07-27-2007, 02:30 PM
My room-mate did the exact opposite. He came into Tech as Management...but then he switched to Comp. E.

haha, i guess he's either really smart or really dumb. depending on which way you look at it. jk, engineering ftw

SixSquared
07-27-2007, 03:33 PM
My input to this thread:

http://tateiz.myweb.uga.edu/Sanford.jpg

Go Dawgs!

VooDooXII
07-27-2007, 03:35 PM
How come no one at UGA can spell "dogs"?

:lmfao:

SixSquared
07-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Same reason no one at GA Tech can get laid...

No one else around us does, so why should we try to change it?

Kyle
07-27-2007, 11:19 PM
My input to this thread:

http://tateiz.myweb.uga.edu/Sanford.jpg

Go Dawgs!
I think thats the problem with UGA. When people think of GT they think of academics, when they think of UGA they think football. I could give a shit about GT football. :rolleyes:

Deke
07-28-2007, 12:14 AM
I think the thing that bothers me is that there are basically two kind of people in Georgia: GT students/alum and UGA fans. I just hate how basically everyone I know that doesn't go to Tech always gives me crap about it. And that's fine when the person has some sort of affiliation with UGA, it just pisses me off that joe blow with absolutely no connection to UGA (and generally no formal education) feels justified in yelling "Go Dawgs!"

This isn't aimed at you xPhantomSolx...unless of course you in fact have no affiliation with UGA :ninja:

SixSquared
07-28-2007, 12:25 AM
1 - UGA is associated with football because we have a pretty decent team. It's also the oldest university, and we kind of "started" this whole southern football affliction.

2 - Plenty of people think of UGA for other things besides football.. but there's no way to get around the fact that the football has basically built the school to what it is today. Good football team = more national attention = school has to step it up so it's not just a football school = better and better academics = harder to get in = respectable all around school = bigger population.

3 - I went to UGA for 2 years, and the only reason I left was I decided to pursue industrial design, which UGA doesn't have. My dad went, my mom went, my aunt went, my cousins went.. it's a family thing.

4 - in the defense of people who are obsessed with UGA but have no affiliation, that goes with any state that has a big school. You see Texas people who have never gone to college and have no intention of going that are hardcore longhorn fans. Same goes with Auburn, USC.. it's a big school thing.

5 - Kyle, you're not the only one who could give a shit about GT football.. there's not much to give a shit about ;) kidding.. but seriously.. Tech built its reputation on being an engineering school.. the football and basketball teams were almost an afterthought.

ShooterMcGavin
07-28-2007, 02:32 AM
Hey! :2up:

:D

I actually USE my degree, unlike most of the people who get it. And yes, there are a LOT more women on that side of 75/85.
lol, troo troo

ShooterMcGavin
07-28-2007, 02:33 AM
Same reason no one at GA Tech can get laid...

No one else around us does, so why should we try to change it?
u must know all the nerds and geeks...

ShooterMcGavin
07-28-2007, 02:40 AM
1 - UGA is associated with football because we have a pretty decent team. It's also the oldest university, and we kind of "started" this whole southern football affliction.
just like a uga student/fan to fuck up their facts, gt and uga BOTH fielded football teams in 1892. and more likely ur associated w/football cuz that's the only thing most rednecks understand outside of nascar, and dawgs is much easier to say drunk than yellow jackets.

2 - Plenty of people think of UGA for other things besides football.. but there's no way to get around the fact that the football has basically built the school to what it is today. Good football team = more national attention = school has to step it up so it's not just a football school = better and better academics = harder to get in = respectable all around school = bigger population.
if i remember correctly tech is the team that's more recently won a national championship...

3 - I went to UGA for 2 years, and the only reason I left was I decided to pursue industrial design, which UGA doesn't have. My dad went, my mom went, my aunt went, my cousins went.. it's a family thing.

lovely, great for ur family, shame that 80% of the fans that holler "go dawgs" haven't set foot anywhere near athens, nor could they point it out on a map.

4 - in the defense of people who are obsessed with UGA but have no affiliation, that goes with any state that has a big school. You see Texas people who have never gone to college and have no intention of going that are hardcore longhorn fans. Same goes with Auburn, USC.. it's a big school thing.
indeed, but that doesn't make the SCHOOL itself any better or cooler, in fact, to have a large following by a bunch of uneducated folks might not be something to brag about at all :D

5 - Kyle, you're not the only one who could give a shit about GT football.. there's not much to give a shit about ;) kidding.. but seriously.. Tech built its reputation on being an engineering school.. the football and basketball teams were almost an afterthought.
el oh fucking el, you MUST be kidding me. someone needs to do some BIG TIME research into tech athletics, not only do we stay competitive in football and basketball (especially being in the ACC for the latter), but we're also consistently contending for championships in baseball, swimming and tennis.

ShooterMcGavin
07-28-2007, 02:41 AM
I could give a shit about GT football. :rolleyes:
love the school spirit there buddy....whose football DO u give a shit about?

SixSquared
07-28-2007, 11:33 AM
just like a uga student/fan to fuck up their facts, gt and uga BOTH fielded football teams in 1892. and more likely ur associated w/football cuz that's the only thing most rednecks understand outside of nascar, and dawgs is much easier to say drunk than yellow jackets.

if i remember correctly tech is the team that's more recently won a national championship...

Congrats.. a national championship.. we have one too, as well as multiple bowl wins, which is something Tech can't brag about, and a national reputation, which is another thing Tech can't brag about. We're associated with football because we have a good program, and it's a big part of our school. That doesn't make us any worse than you. UGA is a good school.. it's very well rounded, and there is something for everyone. People come to UGA to major in everything from biology to swahilli to sculpture to sports... Not something Tech can say.

lovely, great for ur family, shame that 80% of the fans that holler "go dawgs" haven't set foot anywhere near athens, nor could they point it out on a map.

They can't point it out on a map and you can't spell "your".. which is worse? But like I said.. that's not just a UGA thing. If you're gonna go after people who do that, then go after every big school out there. Go after Tennessee, Auburn, UF, UAB, Texas, LSU.. all of that. And what's your big problem with people doing that anyways? You see people who are in California watching Atlanta Braves games... so what? A lot of people like college football better than NFL football... In the NFL you don't see players developing in their skills, and it's an all around different game from college ball. So what if someone from bumblefuck nowhere is a die hard UGA fan, let them be! It's no different from someone who drives a Honda being a die hard ferrari fan... Competition is there so that people can cheer. UGA's proven to be a good team over the years, and yes, they have outgrown their college roots. It's a good thing, though. It means more funding for the school, which means we can put money into academics and athletics alike.. as well as pay our head football coach about two mil a year.

indeed, but that doesn't make the SCHOOL itself any better or cooler, in fact, to have a large following by a bunch of uneducated folks might not be something to brag about at all :D

It might not make the school "cooler" to you, but to UGA fans, there is NOTHING better than spending a Saturday on Sanford Avenue, surrounded by 130,000 of your closest friends, listening to Larry Munson calling the game and saying things like "We stomped them with a hobnail boot! We crushed their faces!". It's traditions like that that make UGA such a fun school to attend... not walking under the arch, wondering where the hell the chapel bell actually went (rumor around school is that GT people took it after we beat them one year). It does however make the school better.. each year, they turn down more people than they accept... we're not hurting to make our numbers or anything. In order to do that, we do have to keep our academic standards up to par. People come to UGA because there is a wide variety of majors, and in each major, they get a damn good education. The quality of our Ancient Art History program is just as good as our pre-med program. Sure there's some areas that can be improved, but every school has that. It's because of traditions around the school that we get so much attention, as well as because of our football team, which year after year is a considerable force to be reckoned with. Sure Tech won a national championship more recently, but look at the schools Tech plays as opposed to the schools UGA plays.. we get better teams because we're a bigger school, and to be honest, a better team. Those big games are broadcast on national television, and so someone in Colorado might be skimming across the channels one Saturday and see a stadium full of red and black, cheering fans, and say "what the hell?" and watch the game. Looks like they're having fun, the person thinks, and looks up UGA online. Then sees all of our academic programs that we have, all the club sports and clubs, and think "wow.. that looks like a great school!" and now we have one more freshman from Denver, CO. We're more than a drinking team with a football problem, sir.

el oh fucking el, you MUST be kidding me. someone needs to do some BIG TIME research into tech athletics, not only do we stay competitive in football and basketball (especially being in the ACC for the latter), but we're also consistently contending for championships in baseball, swimming and tennis.

Trust me.. I know athletics. You're contending, we're winning. Yes, your basketball team is good. I'm not saying that Tech's other sports programs are bad.. but let's face it.. hopefully you are smart enough to realize that when it comes to sports in the south, football is king. It's all about Saturday and flipping between the UGA/Tenn game and the USC/Florida game, because if USC beats Florida, then regardless of UGA's win or loss to Tenn, UGA will move up in the top 10. If USC beats UF, UGA moves to number 7, and USC goes to number 6.. then when UGA beats USC (because they always choke), UGA moves to number 5, and with UF at number 8 after losing to USC, we don't have to deal with them at a bowl game.. I'm not the only one who has those numbers flying through my head every Saturday, and I'm not the only one listening to a game on the internet, watching a game on TV, and listening to a game on the radio at the same time. You don't see people getting that excited about tennis or swimming or golf. It's just not as big of a deal. Granted, the Gym Dogs do get a LOT of attention, but that's because they've been national champions for like the last 15 years in a row. Athletics are a big part of any school.. whether it's HS or college. It's a bigger part of UGA than GT, and that's not a bad thing... it's not horrible that UGA fans come from all over the country to see the big games, and it's not a bad thing that even GT STUDENTS, like Kyle, couldn't give a shit about GT football. UGA just knows how to throw a hell of a party, and let's face it... Tech really doesn't.

And you guys REALLY need to think about a better excuse than "Well we won a national championship more recently". Congrats.. we won it in 80, and you won it in, what, 83? Something like that? That doesn't make you a better football team, especially that we pretty regularly kick your asses in your own house or in ours. :taun:

SixSquared
07-28-2007, 11:33 AM

Who says he has to give a shit about football at all?

ShooterMcGavin
07-28-2007, 12:04 PM
Congrats.. a national championship.. we have one too, as well as multiple bowl wins, which is something Tech can't brag about, and a national reputation, which is another thing Tech can't brag about. We're associated with football because we have a good program, and it's a big part of our school. That doesn't make us any worse than you. UGA is a good school.. it's very well rounded, and there is something for everyone. People come to UGA to major in everything from biology to swahilli to sculpture to sports... Not something Tech can say.

are YOU kidding me? tech has the 2nd highest bowl win percentage of any active team now w/20 or more bowl appearances. like i said, go do YOUR research before spouting off in here. no one said uga is any worse than tech, YOU'RE the one who started the gt trashing :yes: and YOU'RE right, uga does offer a variety of majors, but lemme ask YOU, ever heard the saying "jack of all trades, master of none"?

They can't point it out on a map and you can't spell "your".. which is worse? But like I said.. that's not just a UGA thing. If you're gonna go after people who do that, then go after every big school out there. Go after Tennessee, Auburn, UF, UAB, Texas, LSU.. all of that. And what's your big problem with people doing that anyways? You see people who are in California watching Atlanta Braves games... so what? A lot of people like college football better than NFL football... In the NFL you don't see players developing in their skills, and it's an all around different game from college ball. So what if someone from bumblefuck nowhere is a die hard UGA fan, let them be! It's no different from someone who drives a Honda being a die hard ferrari fan... Competition is there so that people can cheer. UGA's proven to be a good team over the years, and yes, they have outgrown their college roots. It's a good thing, though. It means more funding for the school, which means we can put money into academics and athletics alike.. as well as pay our head football coach about two mil a year.

ha, funny that YOU'RE making fun of me for my writing skillz on the intarweb? funny bc one, i went to tech, i'm not expected to know how to write worth a shit in the first place. but funny also in that if YOU'D like, we can have a "write-off" sometime if YOU should so choose? :D and i do go after other teams, but i tend to hate on uga more since their fans are stupid obnoxious and always in other ppls faces about how great them "dawgs" are, not to mention i find it slightly retarded to bleed the red and black when you are absolutely ignorant when it comes to anything else related to the school.

It might not make the school "cooler" to you, but to UGA fans, there is NOTHING better than spending a Saturday on Sanford Avenue, surrounded by 130,000 of your closest friends, listening to Larry Munson calling the game and saying things like "We stomped them with a hobnail boot! We crushed their faces!". It's traditions like that that make UGA such a fun school to attend... not walking under the arch, wondering where the hell the chapel bell actually went (rumor around school is that GT people took it after we beat them one year). It does however make the school better.. each year, they turn down more people than they accept... we're not hurting to make our numbers or anything. In order to do that, we do have to keep our academic standards up to par. People come to UGA because there is a wide variety of majors, and in each major, they get a damn good education. The quality of our Ancient Art History program is just as good as our pre-med program. Sure there's some areas that can be improved, but every school has that. It's because of traditions around the school that we get so much attention, as well as because of our football team, which year after year is a considerable force to be reckoned with. Sure Tech won a national championship more recently, but look at the schools Tech plays as opposed to the schools UGA plays.. we get better teams because we're a bigger school, and to be honest, a better team. Those big games are broadcast on national television, and so someone in Colorado might be skimming across the channels one Saturday and see a stadium full of red and black, cheering fans, and say "what the hell?" and watch the game. Looks like they're having fun, the person thinks, and looks up UGA online. Then sees all of our academic programs that we have, all the club sports and clubs, and think "wow.. that looks like a great school!" and now we have one more freshman from Denver, CO. We're more than a drinking team with a football problem, sir.

haha, i love munson too, especially since he's a real ass guy and i love him saying "man they're really handing it to us, they've really got us good now" :lmao: and of course uga isn't hurting for students, i would expect nothing less when the standards are lowered :goodjob: btw, YOU'VE already touched on the wide variety of majors, running out of items from YOUR "why uga is great" book? oh shit, please don't get into a who has a better strength of schedule thing w/me, i'm just not in the mood to discuss why the sec has more nutswingers than QD on here. and wtf do ppl in colorado have to do with this? leave them out of it, no need to make them look like retarded hicks ok? :yes:

Trust me.. I know athletics. You're contending, we're winning. Yes, your basketball team is good. I'm not saying that Tech's other sports programs are bad.. but let's face it.. hopefully you are smart enough to realize that when it comes to sports in the south, football is king. It's all about Saturday and flipping between the UGA/Tenn game and the USC/Florida game, because if USC beats Florida, then regardless of UGA's win or loss to Tenn, UGA will move up in the top 10. If USC beats UF, UGA moves to number 7, and USC goes to number 6.. then when UGA beats USC (because they always choke), UGA moves to number 5, and with UF at number 8 after losing to USC, we don't have to deal with them at a bowl game.. I'm not the only one who has those numbers flying through my head every Saturday, and I'm not the only one listening to a game on the internet, watching a game on TV, and listening to a game on the radio at the same time. You don't see people getting that excited about tennis or swimming or golf. It's just not as big of a deal. Granted, the Gym Dogs do get a LOT of attention, but that's because they've been national champions for like the last 15 years in a row. Athletics are a big part of any school.. whether it's HS or college. It's a bigger part of UGA than GT, and that's not a bad thing... it's not horrible that UGA fans come from all over the country to see the big games, and it's not a bad thing that even GT STUDENTS, like Kyle, couldn't give a shit about GT football. UGA just knows how to throw a hell of a party, and let's face it... Tech really doesn't.

oh YOU know athletics? please let me know what athletic director positions YOU'VE held over the years? haha now all of a sudden tech's programs aren't that bad? man YOU change YOUR mind on the fly huh. just bc football is king in the south doesn't mean shit, mob mentality, never underestimate the power and influence of stupid ppl in large groups....enough said. ;) hmmmm, don't know what YOU'RE asking me to face, i mean i understand tech has higher standards and you can't drink YOUR whole way through it, but even so, i've never had any problems with parties gameday or not. maybe some ppl just don't know where to look or go? :dunno:

And you guys REALLY need to think about a better excuse than "Well we won a national championship more recently". Congrats.. we won it in 80, and you won it in, what, 83? Something like that? That doesn't make you a better football team, especially that we pretty regularly kick your asses in your own house or in ours. :taun:

who said that was an excuse? that was simply pointing out a fact :goodjob: for the record, latest one was 1990. and true, YOU have indeed kicked our ass 5 yrs in a row, but now that reggie ball has run out of yrs of eligibility for the bulldo....err i mean jackets, we'll be looking to turn that around. and please don't forget that we handed the "dawgs" their asses like 4 yrs in a row previous to the most recent winstreak. do not be mistaken, y'all do not own us on a regular basis like you do vandy or kentucky........oh wait.......those are 2 sec bottom dwellers y'all lost to last year isn't it? maybe not such a good analogy there :tongue1:

ShooterMcGavin
07-28-2007, 12:05 PM
Who says he has to give a shit about football at all?
that's obviously what i was going after so how about you just let the man answer for himself? :goodjob:

SixSquared
07-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Because he probably could give a shit about this thread as well....

Face it.. it's good ol' fashioned hate. There's nothing finer in the land than a drunk obnoxious Georgia fan!

And PS - OUR GIRLS ARE HOTTER.

ShooterMcGavin
07-28-2007, 12:14 PM
Because he probably could give a shit about this thread as well....

Face it.. it's good ol' fashioned hate. There's nothing finer in the land than a drunk obnoxious Georgia fan!

And PS - OUR GIRLS ARE HOTTER.
then he probably shouldn't be in here in the first place :goodjob:

good ol fashioned hate yes, but that second part should read: there's nothing more fucking retarded and annoying than a drunk obnoxious georgia fan :yes:

i disagree, auburn girls are hotter ;)

Deke
07-28-2007, 12:54 PM
I don't really want to read all of this, but in my skimming, I didn't see this. Tech actually has 4 National Championships.

SixSquared
07-28-2007, 04:56 PM
then he probably shouldn't be in here in the first place :goodjob:

good ol fashioned hate yes, but that second part should read: there's nothing more fucking retarded and annoying than a drunk obnoxious georgia fan :yes:

i disagree, auburn girls are hotter ;)

No.. it's in our cadence... It started with the UGA Redcoat Band chant (which I only know because I was in redcoats while at UGA)..

"Said what's that coming down the track
It's a huge machine of red and black.
Ain't nothin' finer in the land
Than the Georgia Redcoat Marching Band.
Go Dawgs!"

So it didn't take long for us witty band people to come up with...

"Ain't nothin finer in the land
Than a drunk obnoxious Georgia fan"

And don't try to act like you Tech dorks don't tailgate.. Hell I know the last time we were tailgating in Athens against Tech, we would give Tech fans a beer so long as they would let us take a pic with them holding a sign that said "I'm from Tech and I like it in the ass".

We ran out of beer because so many Tech fans like it in the ass.... :idb:

ShooterMcGavin
07-28-2007, 05:01 PM
And don't try to act like you Tech dorks don't tailgate.. Hell I know the last time we were tailgating in Athens against Tech, we would give Tech fans a beer so long as they would let us take a pic with them holding a sign that said "I'm from Tech and I like it in the ass".

We ran out of beer because so many Tech fans like it in the ass.... :idb:
who said i don't tailgate? :thinking:

and btw, fyi, those "tech" fans? yeah they were probably uga fans who were actually smart enough to figure out how to get free beers out of you :goodjob:

SixSquared
07-28-2007, 06:19 PM
No.. they were definitely Tech fans.. trust me.. we can tell... it's like being the token white guy in Compton.

Deke
07-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Lol, this is getting hostile.

Let me just lay it all out there:

Academics: Degrees from Tech carry more weight than degrees from UGA. While UGA does have more diverse programming, Tech without a doubt offers a superior education. I'm not saying at all that UGA is a bad school, because it's not. It is also a good public school. Just not as good as Tech.

Sports: UGA is a football school. At the moment they have a better football team than Georgia Tech. Has this always been true, no. Does this mean that Tech has a bad football team, no. In Basketball, Tech is currently a better team. Same thing goes for basketball as football, just the other way around. In other sports (the ones UGA fans don't seem to care about), Tech generally whoops ass.

Social life: UGA is a more fun school. Athens is a college town. The downtown scene there is one of the coolest drinking scenes that I've ever been to. The girls are generally hotter and definitely more plentiful. Does this mean that every Tech student is a nerd and never does anything but study? Hell no. While I can't deny that in general UGA throws down much harder than Tech, there are still those of us that have a great time here. And as for girls, there are a few acceptable ones at Tech, and we live in Atlanta. So while it is no UGA, it has never really been a problem for me.

In summation, both schools have their strengths and weaknesses. Personally, I chose Tech because I wanted to have an awesome starting salary and a jump start in life. While I am and always will be a Tech fan, I still deifnitely enjoy Athens, and generally have no problem with UGA or the people that go there...

...except on game day :)

-Daniel

SixSquared
07-28-2007, 08:13 PM
^^ getting hostile? Hun, it's been hostile since 1892

Deke
07-28-2007, 08:26 PM
sorry for the mega edit.

I've got to go now, the night is young.

Kyle
07-28-2007, 09:16 PM
Guess that didnt come out quite right. In the grand scheme of things GT football isn't that important to me. But I am a GT football fan, I go to all the home games, and watch the rest on TV.

Kyle
07-28-2007, 09:19 PM
Also phantomsol I reall don't think your responses need to be so damn long. You can probably effectively reach your point in just a few sentences.

SixSquared
07-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Dammit don't hold back my creativity!

MR2DR
07-28-2007, 11:49 PM
Lol, this is getting hostile.

Let me just lay it all out there:

Academics: Degrees from Tech carry more weight than degrees from UGA. While UGA does have more diverse programming, Tech without a doubt offers a superior education. I'm not saying at all that UGA is a bad school, because it's not. It is also a good public school. Just not as good as Tech.

Sports: UGA is a football school. At the moment they have a better football team than Georgia Tech. Has this always been true, no. Does this mean that Tech has a bad football team, no. In Basketball, Tech is currently a better team. Same thing goes for basketball as football, just the other way around. In other sports (the ones UGA fans don't seem to care about), Tech generally whoops ass.

Social life: UGA is a more fun school. Athens is a college town. The downtown scene there is one of the coolest drinking scenes that I've ever been to. The girls are generally hotter and definitely more plentiful. Does this mean that every Tech student is a nerd and never does anything but study? Hell no. While I can't deny that in general UGA throws down much harder than Tech, there are still those of us that have a great time here. And as for girls, there are a few acceptable ones at Tech, and we live in Atlanta. So while it is no UGA, it has never really been a problem for me.

In summation, both schools have their strengths and weaknesses. Personally, I chose Tech because I wanted to have an awesome starting salary and a jump start in life. While I am and always will be a Tech fan, I still deifnitely enjoy Athens, and generally have no problem with UGA or the people that go there...

...except on game day :)

-Daniel

well said =]
... what's the good word??

ShooterMcGavin
07-29-2007, 12:15 AM
to hell w/georgia! how bout them "dawgs"?

ShooterMcGavin
07-29-2007, 12:15 AM
Dammit don't hold back my creativity!
more like wordiness and duplicity :yes: :taun:

changaroo
07-29-2007, 12:24 AM
to hell w/georgia! how bout them "dawgs"?

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/6264/n12819224305189834813sz6.png

dont get me wrong, i have lots of friends at UGA, this is just for fun :P

SixSquared
07-29-2007, 12:39 AM
you mean to hell with Tech.... yeah that's what I thought. ;)

Kyle
07-29-2007, 12:46 AM
you mean to hell with Tech.... yeah that's what I thought. ;)
Is that really all you could come up with? Weaksos.

SixSquared
07-29-2007, 12:48 AM
Well if you're gonna quote it, quote it correctly..

Glory, glory to ol' Georgia
AND TO HECK WITH GEORGIA TECH

And what is UP with you Tech people and the weird spelling? WeakSOS? Is that your subliminal cry for help?

Kyle
07-29-2007, 12:52 AM
Well if you're gonna quote it, quote it correctly..

Glory, glory to ol' Georgia
AND TO HECK WITH GEORGIA TECH

And what is UP with you Tech people and the weird spelling? WeakSOS? Is that your subliminal cry for help?
No clue what you are talking about. I don't remember spelling anything weirdly.

SixSquared
07-29-2007, 12:59 AM
Is that really all you could come up with? Weaksos.

Any questions?

SOS - a desperate cry for help, from the Morse Code SOS, Save Our Ship.

SAUCE - A thickened glaze that generally accompanies meat. May also be used to represent someone who goes to GT when paired with WEAK... as in WEAKSAUCE.

Kyle
07-29-2007, 01:01 AM
Any questions?

SOS - a desperate cry for help, from the Morse Code SOS, Save Our Ship.

SAUCE - A thickened glaze that generally accompanies meat. May also be used to represent someone who goes to GT when paired with WEAK... as in WEAKSAUCE.
Capslock- The button that you are pressing unnecessarily.

SixSquared
07-29-2007, 01:07 AM
Capslock- The button that you are pressing unnecessarily.

Post Quick Reply - The button that you are pressing unnecessarily.

SixSquared
07-29-2007, 01:14 AM
PS - do not take my silence as me giving in.. hottie on the phone = I'm going up to bed.. I will be back tomorrow to consider this horse beating session ;)

Kyle
07-29-2007, 01:14 AM
Nah hoe I'm going advanced then hitting "submit reply."

Deke
07-29-2007, 01:17 AM
We're engineers. We don't need to spell. We just make up words.

SixSquared
07-29-2007, 01:19 AM
Nah hoe I'm going advanced then hitting "submit reply."

You keep going around your ass to get to your elbow.

I WILL CRUSH YOUR FACES WITH A HOBNAIL BOOT! :taun:

SixSquared
07-29-2007, 01:20 AM
We're engineers. We don't need to spell. We just make up words.

You're students.. not engineers. That's like saying you're an Army Ranger when you're still in basic training. :police:

changaroo
07-29-2007, 01:22 AM
she doesnt know what weaksos is, sigh. :P

SixSquared
07-29-2007, 01:31 AM
Must be a nerd thing...

Kyle
07-29-2007, 01:38 AM
Must be a nerd thing...
It's more of a non-dumb whore thing so you wouldn't know about it.

Deke
07-29-2007, 02:02 AM
You're students.. not engineers. That's like saying you're an Army Ranger when you're still in basic training. :police:

Alright we're studying to be engineers, we still don't have to spell :bannana:

Kyle
07-29-2007, 02:21 AM
Alright we're studying to be engineers, we still don't have to spell :bannana:
Of all the WRX's I see at tech I can't say that I've seen yours. Ive seen Alex's GTscoobs, and a few others. What's your deal, do you drive around tech?

SixSquared
07-29-2007, 12:20 PM
It's more of a non-dumb whore thing so you wouldn't know about it.

It's really cute that you're trying to call me a dumb whore... unlike some of the other females on IA, I'm not. So I'll accept your apology in advance and move on.

Fucking 18 year olds.. I swear...

Blaze_Cunnings
07-29-2007, 01:21 PM
haha how did this forum all of a sudden become a tech vs. uga thing??

but anyway. im a new transfer into Tech, so I have to say and someone please reply soon...

WHATS THE GOOD WORD????

ShooterMcGavin
07-29-2007, 01:34 PM
^^^repost? :P

ShooterMcGavin
07-29-2007, 01:36 PM

World Wide Web - something which you have no business being on :D

ShooterMcGavin
07-29-2007, 01:36 PM
i'm an engineer...:ninja:

ShooterMcGavin
07-29-2007, 01:37 PM
It's really cute that you're trying to call me a dumb whore... unlike some of the other females on IA, I'm not. So I'll accept your apology in advance and move on.

orly? now we're talkin :idb:

devinwebb907
07-29-2007, 01:43 PM
let me chime in without badgering uga...

i currently go to valdosta state as a 'pre-engineering' student because we have no engineering program and i have to transfer away. obviously ga tech is the best school to transfer to, and i only need a 2.7 instate gpa to get there...at vsu that IS NOT hard. however, i dont want to live in downtown atlanta...not one bit. so there is Ga Tech Savannah. you still get the party town without living around a bunch of hood rats.

uga has an engineering degree, but its only for agricultural engineering, and i have no idea what they even do? SPSU isn't bad, ga southern isnt bad to keep in mind. ive recently been considering something out of state maybe...auburn, alabama, florida. no telling just keep your opinion open. and...why would you want to live in the dead middle of a gigantic city that has 12 lane interstates? lets see you get drunk and try to venture home in that mess.

SixSquared
07-29-2007, 01:52 PM
^BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO

omg... you think Savannah's better than Atlanta... that is SO funny.

SO funny.

And there's no GA Tech in Savannah that I know of.. There's Savannah Tech and Savannah State and Armstong and SCAD.. that's it.

But seriously... Savannah is a fucking GHETTO... Way worse than Atlanta.

devinwebb907
07-29-2007, 02:02 PM
well there is a georgia tech savannah campus...and the reason savannah > atlanta in my opinion is im a dumb southern small town type person. having lived in gwinnett/cobb areas or 7 years of my life, i do not like overly big towns. savannah isnt little but it isnt near as big. i would graduate from valdosta if i could..

and downtown atlanta is ghetto as hell. busted 'colored' folks everywhere tryin to do whatever...why are you picking fights with everyone?

SixSquared
07-29-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm not picking fights... I LIVE in Savannah.. you wanna talk about Savannah, trust me, I know... I've had two cars broken into, a house broken into, been held at knifepoint, and I've only been there since August. Savannah has the highest per capita crime rate of any city in the US.. it's a horrible town. And it is a tiny town.. people try to act like it's a big city or whatever, but it's a small town.. you see the same cars around town, the same people in restaurants... same everything.

And the Tech campus isn't near Savannah at all.. it's over by the airport which is about a 20/30 minute drive from downtown.

I've lived in Atlanta and I've lived in Savannah and trust me... I miss Atlanta... a lot...

And the UGA/Tech argument has been going on for over a hundred years... don't try to get all patronizing and ask why I'm picking fights.

ShooterMcGavin
07-29-2007, 06:25 PM
I'm not picking fights... I LIVE in Savannah.. you wanna talk about Savannah, trust me, I know... I've had two cars broken into, a house broken into, been held at knifepoint, and I've only been there since August. Savannah has the highest per capita crime rate of any city in the US.. it's a horrible town. And it is a tiny town.. people try to act like it's a big city or whatever, but it's a small town.. you see the same cars around town, the same people in restaurants... same everything.

And the Tech campus isn't near Savannah at all.. it's over by the airport which is about a 20/30 minute drive from downtown.

I've lived in Atlanta and I've lived in Savannah and trust me... I miss Atlanta... a lot...

And the UGA/Tech argument has been going on for over a hundred years... don't try to get all patronizing and ask why I'm picking fights.

my family has been in savannah since '98 and my parents and friends are still there now. only thing that's ever happened to us is one broken window when my parents had their car parked behind our restaurant way back in the day late at night and my dad's shop got robbed not that long ago. aside from that it's really not that bad of a place if you know where NOT go go, much like any place else in macon, atlanta, wherever. and having gone to uga for 2 yrs i can't believe you'd think savannah is that small, it's a pretty large city, not compared to atlanta maybe but that's not saying much...same cars and same ppl? maybe you just keep going to the same places...

Kyle
07-29-2007, 09:29 PM

I am a current GT student not an incoming freshman. Why would that make you think I am 18?

SixSquared
07-30-2007, 01:10 AM
I am a current GT student not an incoming freshman. Why would that make you think I am 18?

Because you try to conversate about things that you know nothing about... which is typical of the immaturity level found in 18 year olds?

SniperJoe
07-30-2007, 06:50 AM
Because you try to conversate about things that you know nothing about... which is typical of the immaturity level found in 18 year olds?

Not to seem like a grammar Nazi or anything, but I don't think conversate is a word. I do believe that the word you are trying to use is converse.

/I would be like this even if I didn't go to Tech.
//I just can't help it.

VooDooXII
07-30-2007, 10:41 AM
Not to seem like a grammar Nazi or anything, but I don't think conversate is a word. I do believe that the word you are trying to use is converse.

/I would be like this even if I didn't go to Tech.
//I just can't help it.

Converse is correct...I'm sure "conversate" may just become a word some time.

Georgia Tech isn't a place that you become "English Smart"...haha.

Mr_Mischif
07-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Yeah its tough for a lot of people. Most of the ppl at tech are the kids who didnt ever have to study or do work in high school to do well. That does not work at tech

BTW: When you move in after christmas break you get to hear great stories in the hall of GPA's under 2.0 and how they lost the hope. Not me though :ninja:

This makes me so fucking sad because it fits me to a T.

SixSquared
07-30-2007, 03:12 PM
^^That happens at nearly every school, really... not necessarily just a Tech thing... I remember my first semester at UGA I was like "whoaaaaaa.... so this it what it's like to study, huh?"

And dammit conversate is a word because I said it! :P I go to art school, not English school.

Deke
07-30-2007, 04:02 PM
^^That happens at nearly every school, really... not necessarily just a Tech thing... I remember my first semester at UGA I was like "whoaaaaaa.... so this it what it's like to study, huh?"

Haha, I deifnitely don't believe that it's a Tech exclusive thing, but it's definitely more common here.

Oh, and damn straight on "conversate." If it's not a word (which it isn't) it should definitely be one. :)

SixSquared
07-30-2007, 04:16 PM
The way I think about it, if "masturbation" occurs when you "masturbate", then why isn't "conversation" what happens when you "conversate"?

It makes no sense I tell ya... no sense...

VooDooXII
07-30-2007, 06:40 PM
Well...just because you write now and wrote before doesn't mean that you bite now and "bote" before.

And fingers don't fing...

Wow, English is fucked up...

SniperJoe
07-30-2007, 08:25 PM
Sorry, I'm the son of an English teacher. I just can't help it. I think it is genetic or something. I may have to drink more beer and watch more television to kill those brain cells off.

VooDooXII
07-30-2007, 08:31 PM
Sorry, I'm the son of an English teacher. I just can't help it. I think it is genetic or something. I may have to drink more beer and watch more television to kill those brain cells off.

I think you're one of the few people on IA who uses proper English.

SniperJoe
07-30-2007, 08:47 PM
I think you're one of the few people on IA who uses proper English.

Well thank you. My Mom would probably come after me if I improperly used a comma. She wouldn't even need to see it, it would just be instinctual for her.

SixSquared
07-30-2007, 08:53 PM
I speaks tha English best goodest!

*returns to beer*

SniperJoe
07-30-2007, 08:56 PM

*returns to beer*

:cheers:

ShooterMcGavin
07-30-2007, 11:19 PM

*returns to beer*
nice, u must be related to GW

SixSquared
07-30-2007, 11:28 PM
nice, u must be related to GW

Ummmmm HELL no.... I hate that dumbfuck.

Kyle
07-31-2007, 03:29 AM

And dammit conversate is a word because I said it! :P I go to art school, not English school.
:rolleyes: Okay. It has nothing to do with the curriculum at Georgia Tech I guess.

SixSquared
07-31-2007, 10:17 AM
:rolleyes: Okay. It has nothing to do with the curriculum at Georgia Tech I guess.

Get off your fucking high horse. Seriously. It's pricks like you that are the reason people hate tech. Tech is far from the hardest academic school out there, so quit acting like you're a damn mensa member for getting in. Every year, thousands of people start college for the first time. Some of them excel and dol well. More of them, from harvard to community college, find that they are either unprepared or not in the right school for them. That doesn't make that person dumb or anything. Quit acting like you are better than everyone. All you do is make yourself look like an ass.

Deke
07-31-2007, 10:45 AM
I
Get off your fucking high horse. Seriously. It's pricks like you that are the reason people hate tech. Tech is far from the hardest academic school out there, so quit acting like you're a damn mensa member for getting in. Every year, thousands of people start college for the first time. Some of them excel and dol well. More of them, from harvard to community college, find that they are either unprepared or not in the right school for them. That doesn't make that person dumb or anything. Quit acting like you are better than everyone. All you do is make yourself look like an ass.

I wouldn't say far...

I'm from Georgia. Almost everyone from my high school went to a Georgia college. Comparing GPAs from friends that came to Tech to friends that went elsewhere (UGA, Mercer, Southern) it is definitely a harder school. I know people that I used to help in highschool that have 4.0 or really high 3s at other Georgia Universities. I have a high 2. Granted my study habits aren't amazing, but even friends from my high school that came here with really good study habits have 3.5s and 3.6s (which is extremely good at Tech).

I'm not saying anyone's dumb for not coming here. I also didn't see Kyle saying anyone is dumb. On the contrary, I often think I'm dumb for putting myself through the mental ass raping that is Georgia Tech.

The reason people don't like Tech is that they automatically assume that we are pompous asses (like you just did) because Tech is a more difficult school (which it undeniably is).

Talk to someone who's transfered from one to the other, they can tell you.

SixSquared
07-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Well when I said in an earlier post that people change schools/aren't prepared for schools all the time, and that that was not an exclusively Tech thing, and Kyle comes back with "I guess it has nothing to do with the curriculum here", then it DOES make him just as much of a pompous ass as all the people that give that school that reputation. Reputations don't just materialize out of nowhere.. Tech's reputation of being a bunch of snobby pricks didn't come from nowhere, just like UGA's party school reputation didn't come from nowhere.

I'm not denying the fact that Tech is a difficult school... but Kyle is being an ass... earlier in this thread he called me a dumb whore... he doesn't know me, and he doesn't know that I got accepted to Tech. So yeah... this dumb whore is just as smart as he is I guess. I chose not to go to Tech because I liked the wide array of majors at UGA better, and I'm glad I made that decision... I went to UGA intending to major in International Business, minoring in Spanish, and wanting to go on to law school. With that program, yes, Tech would have been a better school for me to go to, but I liked the electives and stuff I could take at UGA, and I thought UGA was a better fit for me. I'm glad I did that, because I took Art History as an elective, and realized that I really didn't want to do law school... art was something I had loved for my whole life, and I decided to pursue an art education. When I looked at what I wanted to do, Tech was once again a candidate... they have an Industrial Design program, as does SCAD... I applied to SCAD and re-applied to Tech (I had been at UGA for 2.5 years). I got into Tech again, even with their harder admission criteria than it was in 2002 when I graduated HS, and also got into SCAD. I looked at both programs and decided that SCAD was the one that was a better fit for me.

I'm not trying to say Tech is an easy school, but there are hundreds of colleges out there that are much more academically rigorous.. Check on Princeton Review... not listed on the Hardest To Get Into list, which has the likes of MIT, Brown, Harvard, etc on it... definitely not on the party school list, which uga is #12 on :D

The lists Tech IS on, according to Princeton Review?

#2 - Class Discussions Rare
#9 - Low Marks on Professors (based on student feedback)
#14 - Professors Make Themselves Scarce

It is on the list of Best Colleges of the Southeast, which isn't surprising.

Academics aren't the sole purpose of college life. It's the whole experience that makes college what it is.

And by the way, Kyle, if you still think I'm dumb, consider this... Princeton is #2 on the list of Hardest To Get Into.... I got accepted there, too... Dad couldn't afford it at the time. Might wanna find out a little more about someone before you judge them to be a dumb whore. I know all I need to know about you to know that you're a pompous ass. K thanks.

Deke
07-31-2007, 11:02 AM
PS, I didn't really mean to lump all other Georgia Universities together. I understand that they have different levels of difficulty too.

Deke
07-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Just a note on Ivy league schools:

Yes, they are a bitch to get into, and that's awesome that you were accepted to princeton (no sarcasm). And yes, they cost an arm and a leg. But as far as undergraduate school goes, they are no harder than your average university. Grad school is obviously a different story.

Oh and touche' on the Kyle calling you a dumb whore thing. Guess he had it coming :)

SixSquared
07-31-2007, 11:09 AM
^^ lol you said lump... I don't know why, but the word lump makes me laugh.. whenever I hear it... lllllllump.

To me that's the great thing about GA... There are SO many colleges here, ranging from community colleges to schools like UGA and Tech that have prestigious reputations and, let's be honest.. coming out of either one you can easily find a job in your major department. But the fact that there are the smaller schools... I'll go ahead and say "easier", means that pretty much everyone coming out of HS has the opportunity to go to school... and thanks to HOPE, everyone can.

Unless they're one of the 6500 people who go to SCAD.... HOPE doesn't care about us. Fuck you, HOPE!

SixSquared
07-31-2007, 11:14 AM
Just a note on Ivy league schools:

Yes, they are a bitch to get into, and that's awesome that you were accepted to princeton (no sarcasm). And yes, they cost an arm and a leg. But as far as undergraduate school goes, they are no harder than your average university. Grad school is obviously a different story.

Oh and touche' on the Kyle calling you a dumb whore thing. Guess he had it coming :)

I dunno... I was looking at the programs of study, and they were no joke. I wouldn't say average university on difficulty. Definitely harder than UGA... mainly because in order to get in, you have to have a TON of AP credit (generally), and consequently, you basically go from being a high school senior to a college late sophomore/junior.... they expect that, and so they have a very rigorous course of study.

But they are also VERY much a who you know basis, as far as admission goes. My dad had some old friends who got their doctorates with him who went to Princeton for their undergrad/masters, and luckily he got in touch with them and they wrote me letters of recommendation. I don't really agree with it, but I do still have the guilty pleasure of opening my scrapbook and seeing "Dear Emily H. Covi, The administration and fellows of Princeton University are pleased to announce that you have been selected for admission to Princeton University for the 2002-2003 school year. Congratulations, and welcome to Princeton!"

*sigh*

LSTurboHatch
07-31-2007, 12:06 PM
Well, after all the talk its seems that I would be in the wrong place at Tech. I am the exact type of person that you all describe as someone who doesn't do well there. All through high school I never had to study, always finished my homework in class, and never had to try hard to graduate with a 4.0. ACT's were easy for me so I didn't even have to study anything to pull off my cumlative score of a 30. I learned at UAH that my study skills were horrible, although I didnt really need them there either, and I was hoping that by the end of my freshman year I would be better at it. Unfortunately I never had to study so I never had the chance. Thanks for all the input. I appreciate it.

imbosile
07-31-2007, 04:21 PM
Well, after all the talk its seems that I would be in the wrong place at Tech. I am the exact type of person that you all describe as someone who doesn't do well there. All through high school I never had to study, always finished my homework in class, and never had to try hard to graduate with a 4.0. ACT's were easy for me so I didn't even have to study anything to pull off my cumlative score of a 30. I learned at UAH that my study skills were horrible, although I didnt really need them there either, and I was hoping that by the end of my freshman year I would be better at it. Unfortunately I never had to study so I never had the chance. Thanks for all the input. I appreciate it.

That's how I was in high school too, and it really fucked me here at tech. i could never make myself go to the library or sit down and study in my room, i always found something better to do. by the end of the year i got a little better at it, and hopefully i can keep doing better this year.

ShooterMcGavin
07-31-2007, 04:42 PM
Well when I said in an earlier post that people change schools/aren't prepared for schools all the time, and that that was not an exclusively Tech thing, and Kyle comes back with "I guess it has nothing to do with the curriculum here", then it DOES make him just as much of a pompous ass as all the people that give that school that reputation. Reputations don't just materialize out of nowhere.. Tech's reputation of being a bunch of snobby pricks didn't come from nowhere, just like UGA's party school reputation didn't come from nowhere.

your denial that curriculum has something to do w/it doesn't make kyle an asshole...kyle w/the personality he has makes him a pompous asshole :goodjob: for the record, tech DOES NOT have a reputation of being a bunch of snobby pricks, far from it, most ppl there are hardcore nerds so get ya shit right :D

I'm not denying the fact that Tech is a difficult school... but Kyle is being an ass... earlier in this thread he called me a dumb whore... he doesn't know me, and he doesn't know that I got accepted to Tech. So yeah... this dumb whore is just as smart as he is I guess. I chose not to go to Tech because I liked the wide array of majors at UGA better, and I'm glad I made that decision... I went to UGA intending to major in International Business, minoring in Spanish, and wanting to go on to law school. With that program, yes, Tech would have been a better school for me to go to, but I liked the electives and stuff I could take at UGA, and I thought UGA was a better fit for me. I'm glad I did that, because I took Art History as an elective, and realized that I really didn't want to do law school... art was something I had loved for my whole life, and I decided to pursue an art education. When I looked at what I wanted to do, Tech was once again a candidate... they have an Industrial Design program, as does SCAD... I applied to SCAD and re-applied to Tech (I had been at UGA for 2.5 years). I got into Tech again, even with their harder admission criteria than it was in 2002 when I graduated HS, and also got into SCAD. I looked at both programs and decided that SCAD was the one that was a better fit for me.

why feel the need to defend your decision not to go to tech? i mean who really cares? who are you trying to prove yourself to? and once again, kyle calling ppl names should not be a reflection upon the institute which he attends, i think you're just correlating those two since it's easier to play down tech's reputation that way :yes:

I'm not trying to say Tech is an easy school, but there are hundreds of colleges out there that are much more academically rigorous.. Check on Princeton Review... not listed on the Hardest To Get Into list, which has the likes of MIT, Brown, Harvard, etc on it... definitely not on the party school list, which uga is #12 on :D

The lists Tech IS on, according to Princeton Review?

#2 - Class Discussions Rare
#9 - Low Marks on Professors (based on student feedback)
#14 - Professors Make Themselves Scarce

It is on the list of Best Colleges of the Southeast, which isn't surprising.

Academics aren't the sole purpose of college life. It's the whole experience that makes college what it is.

And by the way, Kyle, if you still think I'm dumb, consider this... Princeton is #2 on the list of Hardest To Get Into.... I got accepted there, too... Dad couldn't afford it at the time. Might wanna find out a little more about someone before you judge them to be a dumb whore. I know all I need to know about you to know that you're a pompous ass. K thanks.

but yes, you really kinda are, all these arguments have been for other schools, how well they're tailored to different ppls goals in life. you know what, that's wonderful, really, but the fact is, tech is a good ass school for engineering/math/science. you can quote the princeton review all you want but by the same standard, i can quote to you how many yrs in a row now tech has been in the top whatever public schools as rated by us news and world report, and how many times their engineering programs show up in the top 5.

easy to get into? maybe compared to some, but you know what's one thing they probably don't take into account? how easy or hard it is it GET OUT, with a degree. and just to clarify, academics ARE the sole purpose of life for some ppl, don't generalize what YOU think other ppl want in their college experience.

Deke
07-31-2007, 04:54 PM

I don't think that makes you wrong for Tech. I mean that's how a ton of people here are. You just have to develop study habits. I was the same way in high school. You just have to put effort towards it here. It'll pay off in the end.

ShooterMcGavin
07-31-2007, 05:04 PM
exactly, who studies in highschool anyway? :rolleyes: :lmfao:

VooDooXII
07-31-2007, 05:46 PM
Time management and good work ethic...that's all there is to it. If you can get a good routine going, you'll be fine, and you'll find that you actually will have time to do things besides just studying.

Wow, I sound like my dad... :headslap:

In reference to my signature: Sleep and Academics on the weekdays, and Sleep and Social Life on the weekends.

:goodjob:

man
08-01-2007, 05:47 PM
What's Georgia Tech?

ShooterMcGavin
08-02-2007, 12:24 AM
^^^a drinking school w/an engineering problem :goodjob:

Kyle
08-02-2007, 02:11 AM

I'm being an ass? Well I said something that was not offensive to you and didnt involve you at all, but somehow you feel the need to make a comment. I responded to that comment trying to show that my statement had validity. You said plenty of schools have the problem of low gpa's, I essentially said well GT has a difficult curriculum. NEVER did I say it was the most rigorous coarse load, NEVER did I say that it's hard to get into GT.

Thanks for providing your academic background to me. Frankly, I really don't give a shit. I don't go on listing my gpa, sat scores, etc. It's not a competition. I called you a dumb whore because you called everyone at GT a nerd.

Must be a nerd thing...
I dont know whether or not you are dumb or whether or not you are a whore. Once I again, I really dont care.

imbosile
08-02-2007, 09:09 AM
LOL

man
08-02-2007, 12:24 PM

LOL, I'll definitely agree with that. Maybe that's why I don't remember much...

SniperJoe
08-02-2007, 09:57 PM

There was engineering there? :thinking:

SniperJoe
08-02-2007, 10:02 PM
I'm being an ass? Well I said something that was not offensive to you and didnt involve you at all, but somehow you feel the need to make a comment. I responded to that comment trying to show that my statement had validity. You said plenty of schools have the problem of low gpa's, I essentially said well GT has a difficult curriculum. NEVER did I say it was the most rigorous coarse load, NEVER did I say that it's hard to get into GT.

Thanks for providing your academic background to me. Frankly, I really don't give a shit. I don't go on listing my gpa, sat scores, etc. It's not a competition. I called you a dumb whore because you called everyone at GT a nerd.

I dont know whether or not you are dumb or whether or not you are a whore. Once I again, I really dont care.

Kyle, take a deep breath. Relax. Go have a beer on me. Having all this spare time to spend arguing on the internet isn't helping you to make your case that the curriculum is difficult.

ShooterMcGavin
08-03-2007, 12:54 AM
There was engineering there? :thinking:
yes u damn M-trainer :tongue1:

SixSquared
08-03-2007, 01:12 AM
Kyle, take a deep breath. Relax. Go have a beer on me. Having all this spare time to spend arguing on the internet isn't helping you to make your case that the curriculum is difficult.

+1... It also leads one to believe that all your spare time is spent on ia, which doesnt help your case. Relax and learn how to have some fun. You obviously missed that memo. Dont make me put uga magnets on your car next time im in tech land... It wouldnt be the first time

Kyle
08-03-2007, 03:12 AM
Well its summer. So no class= plenty of time for IA.

Kyle
08-03-2007, 03:15 AM
+1... It also leads one to believe that all your spare time is spent on ia, which doesnt help your case. Relax and learn how to have some fun. You obviously missed that memo. Dont make me put uga magnets on your car next time im in tech land... It wouldnt be the first time
All my spare time? It's summer, I work 40 hour weeks and get on IA at night when there is nothing else to do.(I live in the country)

Second please dont even touch my car.

SixSquared
08-03-2007, 09:33 AM
thanks for your work schedule and social lif, or lack thereof, report. Personally, I could give a shit :rolleyes:

And second, learn... To take... A fucking... JOKE. Damn. Like I would waste my time and money on magnets and going up there. Please. Don't flatter yourself.

Mr_Mischif
08-03-2007, 03:59 PM
This thread has 8 pages of awesome. And sadness since I see I'd be raped @ Tech.

imbosile
08-03-2007, 04:21 PM
lirl @ kyle

Kyle
08-03-2007, 04:36 PM
thanks for your work schedule and social lif, or lack thereof, report. Personally, I could give a shit :rolleyes:

And second, learn... To take... A fucking... JOKE. Damn. Like I would waste my time and money on magnets and going up there. Please. Don't flatter yourself.
LOL. :rolleyes: I guess I will not try to defend myself or respond to any of your posts. You talk shit, I respond, then you tell me you could give a shit. If thats the case dont attack my shit in the first place. K?

GTScoob
08-04-2007, 03:20 AM
Man this thread got kinda funny. Honestly I'm sick of Tech, engineering pissed me off, Inta is great but I really just want to get the hell out of here. At least I'm only going to be here for one more year. Tech is full of nerds, you cant be pissed about that, I'm one, everyone else in this thread is one. Its better to realize that and then move on than to sit in denial for the rest of your time. You dont have to be that way forever.

To hell with Georgia and piss on the dawgs.

FlyingStroke240
08-05-2007, 05:56 PM
:goodjob:bump. i like this thread.

imbosile
08-06-2007, 10:53 AM
girls need to start realizing nerds are the most genuine guys, honestly i think nerds have it the best

VooDooXII
08-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Hey...since all the IA Georgia Techies are in here...did anyone see the Tech Trolley with a GA Bulldog stuck on the side?

imbosile
08-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Hey...since all the IA Georgia Techies are in here...did anyone see the Tech Trolley with a GA Bulldog stuck on the side?

nope, was it over the summer? i'm moving back down there the 18th

VooDooXII
08-06-2007, 05:14 PM
nope, was it over the summer? i'm moving back down there the 18th

Oh yea, I just saw it last Friday.

imbosile
08-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Oh yea, I just saw it last Friday.

haha that's really funny