PDA

View Full Version : Very Interesting About How Vick Issue May Play Out

Brett
07-24-2007, 11:17 AM
I got this from a ESPN article today, But VERY interesting as to what we may see happen and how.

By ordering Michael Vick not to show up at Falcons training camp, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell preserved the chance for Falcons owner Arthur Blank to decide if he wants Vick on his team or not. Goodell made it clear the Falcons can not discipline him until the league investigates this case, but clearly, Vick is on the way out of Atlanta. Goodell toed a tight rope in making this decision. He's not suspending him, but he's also not giving Vick the chance to operate as an NFL player. The loophole appears to be the timing of his federal hearing in Richmond, Va. Vick couldn't show up for the start of camp because he has to surrender himself to authorities that day. That technically put him in breech of his contract for a day, but naturally, Blank and Goodell could have excused him for that day. They didn't. Vick's presence at camp could have turned the Falcons facility into a circus complete with protests by members of PETA. Vick is the fastest athlete ever seen at the quarterback position, but the speed in which his career is vanishing before our eyes is amazing. All along, I felt Vick would have this season to prove himself and then the Falcons would move a different direction. Now, the weight of this dogfighting case is so heavy that Vick will have to fight to be able to return to his team. What he needs to find out Thursday is whether the case is going to be on the 2007 or 2008 calendar. Now that Goodell has his season in flux, Vick might as well be prepared not to play if the trail schedule is set for the fall.

Kelly
07-24-2007, 11:20 AM
This is getting almost as bad as Anna Nicole.

Gez us... Let's either keep him, drop him, something... I'm just ready for Football season already.

Brett
07-24-2007, 11:23 AM
I agree, But I think if he didnt play well this season he will be let go anyways, this now gives them a chance to drop him and not buy out his contract, Breach of contract would be a sure way to drop him and not pay him out. Then the NFL would probaly not allow him to play in the NFL again.

Doppelgänger
07-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Dear M. Vick,

GTFO THUG!

HalfBaked
07-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Throw him in the cell with Rae Carruth.

Evil Goat
07-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Dear M. Vick,

GTFO THUG!

werd

Brett
07-24-2007, 11:43 AM
The Falcons hold a news confrence at 4pm today

OneSlow5pt0
07-24-2007, 11:45 AM
sweet............i wonder if this will make the falcons go after culpepper

Brett
07-24-2007, 12:04 PM
Makes them rethink not having a better back up plan for a QB im sure.

BB6dohcvtec
07-24-2007, 12:16 PM
sweet............i wonder if this will make the falcons go after culpepper

i hope they do. if healthy culpepper is one of the best in the league

Evil Goat
07-24-2007, 01:03 PM
full indictment can be seen here

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0717072vick1.html

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/0720072vick1.gif

Papa_Smurf
07-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Makes them rethink not having a better back up plan for a QB im sure.

They should have delt Vick and kept shaub (sp). the few times he did play, he seemed to be a pretty good QB.

I'm pretty sure he got traded. Where's he playing now?

Leisa
07-24-2007, 01:44 PM
Matt Shaub will be playing for the Houston Texans...

Brett
07-25-2007, 09:33 PM
So I hear white folks are saying FRY HIS BLACK ASS!!! LMAO (According the the race card being thrown down on his dog killing ass) :D

OneSlow5pt0
07-25-2007, 09:42 PM
So I hear white folks are saying FRY HIS BLACK ASS!!! LMAO (According the the race card being thrown down on his dog killing ass) :D

lol...........i guess if keith brooking would have ran a underground cat boxing ring he wouldnt be in trouble:rolleyes:

Brett
07-25-2007, 09:44 PM
And in the other thread it was mentioned whites are never at dog fighting rings... Does this mean blacks are racise and dont allow whites to come? LOL

NevrNufTorq
07-25-2007, 09:46 PM
I agree, But I think if he didnt play well this season he will be let go anyways, this now gives them a chance to drop him and not buy out his contract, Breach of contract would be a sure way to drop him and not pay him out. Then the NFL would probaly not allow him to play in the NFL again.

he was done in my mind anyway the minute he walked off the field last season with time still on the clock. last time i watched a falcons game. :no: now i'll be able to watch again win or lose!!!! :D got nothing against him, but you finish what you start in my book. run the rest of the game and regroup ya know? :2cents:

Brett
07-25-2007, 09:48 PM
Yeah people seem to forget all the shit like that he did, add flicking off the FALCONS FANS who pay his salary, etc... Oh yeah...

NevrNufTorq
07-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Yeah people seem to forget all the shit like that he did, add flicking off the FALCONS FANS who pay his salary, etc... Oh yeah...

i can understand the flipping off in the heat of the moment and not thinking. i know i've said things i regret but i know he lost alot of fans with that too. but i just cant take walking off the field. just a total lack of respect for the team and ultimately himself. goes along the lines of that guy in NY or where ever it was that got beat up by the guy that carjacked him and the vid showed people just watching in the background. total lack of mortal fortitude!!!! :eek: :blah:

RandomGuy
07-25-2007, 09:55 PM
i dunno about this i haven't watched the news lately dont know what they have on him and what not...

but what are the odds that he really is innocent...

IMO someone who makes that much $$ wouldnt risk it all for some cheap fun? Don't you think? Or at least woulda covered up a little better.

NevrNufTorq
07-25-2007, 09:56 PM
supposedly they have him at the dogfights on a cell phone vid.