PDA

View Full Version : cam gear ?

.::UNKNOWN::.
07-24-2007, 12:06 AM
hey i was thinking about getting a set of jun cams and cam gears and putting them on my stock h22.... would i notice a horse power increace right off? or is it a waste of money to buy cams and cam gears w/o touching the rest of the motor?

xbn83
07-24-2007, 12:10 AM
You have to get your car tuned once you drop the cams and cam gears in. What kind of fuel management you plan to run?

07-24-2007, 12:12 AM
i am still debating on it bc the lude is an auto so i am limited on what i can do ithe only the thing i figured could work is the aem fuel management system.... or do a 5 speed swap and get hondata.... or does hondata work on auto trannys?

sullen
07-24-2007, 12:12 AM
wouldn't be a waste of money at all. but it'd end up being better to save the money and get new parts for a nice rebuild. pull the motor, rebuild it, tune it, reinstall it, and then no problems. it'd end up working better if you did everything at once. rather then tuning now, adding parts, tunung later again, and so on and so on.

07-24-2007, 12:14 AM
it is a new motor with 50,000 miles on it i dont want to break it completely open yet the reliablity factor is still there

xbn83
07-24-2007, 12:19 AM
AEM EMS is so overkill for your car, especially bolt-ons only, and not serious power making. It is best for high horsepower, and FI applications. I don't know if you can run chipped P28 or not. If not, you could always get a cheap used VAFC, or Emanage. They are good enough for you. Another thing, you don't need to get new fuel rail, stock one is good enough. Fuel pressure regulator is nice but not required, optional. Fuel pump is also good enough. I think stock injectors are fine also.

07-24-2007, 12:24 AM
yeah somone told me that aem was the only route to take with an auto.... i like my auto b/c i can keep both hands on the wheel and focus on the road w/o worring about shifting.... i put the new motor in and now i want more power hey i guess it happens to everybody.... and i don't want to go to the extreme breaking down of the motor.... right now i am looking toward those cams and a euro r intake manifold i figured that would settle my needs for a while

xbn83
07-24-2007, 12:28 AM
You don't need AEM EMS! Why spend over 1k for FMU that you don't even need? Find out if chipped P28 with Crome or Uberdate will work or not first. If not, then simple FMU like VAFC or Emange. VAFC and Emange will work with auto and much much cheaper than AEM. AEM EMS is not the only route for you.

scttydb411
07-24-2007, 09:21 PM
only options for auto are aem or a piggyback.

chipped p28 w/ hondata, crome, etc only work on 5 speed.