PDA

View Full Version : Misc Vick Will Be Taking A Leave Of Absence

Brett
07-23-2007, 04:56 PM
They just said it on the news but they wont say how long till the 6:00 news comes on, But they just said the NFL will announce he is taking time off, This sucks cause he will still get paid, to do nothing.

Goodell orders Vick not to report to camp

NFL.com wire reports

NEW YORK (July 23, 2007) -- Commissioner Roger Goodell has ordered Michael Vick of the Atlanta Falcons not to report to the team’s training camp pending the completion of an NFL review of his recent indictment by a federal grand jury in Richmond, Va., for allegedly participating in an interstate dog-fighting enterprise.

Commissioner Goodell informed Vick that the review would be completed as soon as possible and that Vick’s full cooperation is expected.

In a letter to Vick today, Commissioner Goodell said: "While it is for the criminal justice system to determine your guilt or innocence, it is my responsibility as commissioner of the National Football League to determine whether your conduct, even if not criminal, nonetheless violated league policies, including the Personal Conduct Policy."

Vick will not forfeit his preseason pay during his excused absence from training camp.

Commissioner Goodell also directed the Falcons today to withhold any contemplated team discipline regarding the Vick matter until the NFL review is completed.

Kamikaze
07-23-2007, 04:58 PM
This sucks cause he will still get paid, to do nothing.

Guess he can see what it feels like to be a politician for a season.

Brett
07-23-2007, 04:59 PM
... and we will see what a team with no quaterback looks like

"B"
07-23-2007, 04:59 PM
They never had a QB, only 3 RBs.

Evil Goat
07-23-2007, 05:00 PM
... and we will see what a team with no quaterback looks like

wait, i can dig up the 06 highlights if need be

i kid i kid

They never had a QB, only 3 RBs.

true story

"B"
07-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Nothing on ESPN yet.

Brett
07-23-2007, 05:01 PM
The NFL has put down this leave, and its indefinate for right now. Sucks this fuck will get a full paycheck whil ehe sits on his ass. I will bet the Falcons will release him.

"B"
07-23-2007, 05:02 PM
I doubt they release him before he is found quilty.

Brett
07-23-2007, 05:04 PM
They are looking at his contract they just said and looking at also how much money they can with hold from him

Evil Goat
07-23-2007, 05:04 PM
The NFL has put down this leave, and its indefinate for right now. Sucks this fuck will get a full paycheck whil ehe sits on his ass. I will bet the Falcons will release him.

i doubt that, then his signing bonus becomes due in full....he had a what? 40 million $ in bonus, thats spread out over the length of the contract, he signed in 05, so that leaves 8 years X 4mill'ish (probably just a tad less) = $32million just to get rid of the piece of shit

Kamikaze
07-23-2007, 05:05 PM
I doubt they release him before he is found quilty.

If he's even found guilty. Money talks and the American justice system likes to listen.

"B"
07-23-2007, 05:06 PM
Nothing on NFL.com either.

HalfBaked
07-23-2007, 05:06 PM
The falcons if they release him face salary cap penalties for the next 2 years. I doubt they'll take those, he'll probably just sit and they hope he is suspended or kicked out of the league.

Brett
07-23-2007, 05:07 PM
Yeah the NFL hasnt made a release yet, FOX 5 got first word from a insider of the NFL. A release is coming out tonight. I do know he was told to take this leave from the NFL, not given the choice

"B"
07-23-2007, 05:07 PM
If the NFL bans him, do the Falcons still have to pay for the salary cap issues? that would suck.

Kamikaze
07-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Anyone notice that there's no trace of Vick on the team website besides the roster...

"B"
07-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Yeah the NFL hasnt made a release yet, FOX 5 got first word from a insider of the NFL. A release is coming out tonight.

I would imagine that the official release would be leaked by now.

"B"
07-23-2007, 05:09 PM
Anyone notice that there's no trace of Vick on the team website besides the roster...

The Falcons have a website?:taun:

Brett
07-23-2007, 05:11 PM
I would imagine that the official release would be leaked by now.

Well I dont control how quick it comes out, I am just telling ya what broke on Fox5 about 20 minutes ago...LOL.

Kamikaze
07-23-2007, 05:12 PM
He's also losing endorsements. Niketown at Phipps has already removed a lot of his apparel from view.

Evil Goat
07-23-2007, 05:13 PM
He's also losing endorsements. Niketown at Phipps has already removed a lot of his apparel from view.

nike has said they are indefinetly suspending the release of his new shoe, essentially setting themselves up on the middle of the fence

HalfBaked
07-23-2007, 05:16 PM
If Vick took a leave of absence that is just screaming "I'm busy and fucked and need to focus on this..."

2.0civic
07-23-2007, 05:21 PM
They just said it on the news but they wont say how long till the 6:00 news comes on, But they just said the NFL will announce he is taking time off, This sucks cause he will still get paid, to do nothing.

same thing hes done since being drafted...whats new?

ShooterMcGavin
07-23-2007, 05:24 PM
i hope he ends up like maurice clarett, no money, no friends, no family and behind bars...although i guess he will have at least his brother possibly in jail w/him...

jamaicanDM
07-23-2007, 05:33 PM
i hope he ends up like maurice clarett, no money, no friends, no family and behind bars...although i guess he will have at least his brother possibly in jail w/him...
dam Vick get no love on IA

2.0civic
07-23-2007, 05:34 PM
dam Vick get no love on IAHELL I DISLIKED HIM BEFORE THE DOG ISSUE

ShooterMcGavin
07-23-2007, 05:35 PM
can't help that he's an overhyped, undertalented excuse for a QB :yes:

ORGANIZATIONXIII
07-23-2007, 06:35 PM
culpepper :yes:

"B"
07-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Vick was a QB? How many passing yards does he have in his career? Like 2,000?

"B"
07-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Vick ordered to stay out of training camp.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/07/23/vick.punishment.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

sunsetvette
07-23-2007, 08:52 PM
The Falcons have a website?:taun:

Yeah, it's rotten.com. :idb:

"B"
07-23-2007, 09:05 PM
lol

I would rep you if I could.

MaRk2k
07-23-2007, 09:07 PM
they need to get off the mans fucking nuts

Brett
07-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Here is the offcial release on the NFL site:

Goodell orders Vick not to report to camp

NFL.com wire reports

NEW YORK (July 23, 2007) -- Commissioner Roger Goodell has ordered Michael Vick of the Atlanta Falcons not to report to the team’s training camp pending the completion of an NFL review of his recent indictment by a federal grand jury in Richmond, Va., for allegedly participating in an interstate dog-fighting enterprise.

Commissioner Goodell informed Vick that the review would be completed as soon as possible and that Vick’s full cooperation is expected.

In a letter to Vick today, Commissioner Goodell said: "While it is for the criminal justice system to determine your guilt or innocence, it is my responsibility as commissioner of the National Football League to determine whether your conduct, even if not criminal, nonetheless violated league policies, including the Personal Conduct Policy."

Vick will not forfeit his preseason pay during his excused absence from training camp.

Commissioner Goodell also directed the Falcons today to withhold any contemplated team discipline regarding the Vick matter until the NFL review is completed.

BB6dohcvtec
07-23-2007, 11:17 PM
as i will say again don't give up on harrington so easily.... this is actually a blessing to the falcons seeing petrino's offense is a pass happy one wtf do you think vick would have done this season anyways besides get picked off all the time. i mean harrington might be just as inaccurate by the stats but he has a stronger arm than vick will ever have.

ShooterMcGavin
07-23-2007, 11:21 PM
el o el, harrington ftl. just face it, falcons are headed to another 8-8 season.....if they're lucky

BB6dohcvtec
07-23-2007, 11:27 PM
i'm not giving up hope like a lil bitch..... i say harrington will shine in the this offense, do you even know that kind of offense petrino runs?

OneSlow5pt0
07-24-2007, 12:41 AM
i see a 1st pick in the draft go the falcons then they can get brian brohm and the offense will be great

Brett
07-24-2007, 06:10 AM
See I dont know much if anything about Harrington so i guess I will reserve comment till I see him play.

PhAtBoYMr2
07-24-2007, 06:13 AM
I'm putting my vick jersey on.....i know for a fact vick had no part in this...he may have watched the dogs fight but shit watching dogs fight is awesome...watching them kill eachother is a diff story

lets see if the falcons have heart without him because he IS the heart of that team

bigdare23
07-24-2007, 06:18 AM
I'm putting my vick jersey on.....i know for a fact vick had no part in this...he may have watched the dogs fight but shit watching dogs fight is awesome...watching them kill eachother is a diff story

lets see if the falcons have heart without him because he IS the heart of that team

I agree with your statement. If you thought the falcons were bad with Vick on the team, just wait until you see the falcons without Vick. I'm predicting a top 3 draft pick of the 08 draft LOL. (but I hope I'm wrong)

Brett
07-24-2007, 06:20 AM

I have read the inditement and all the charges are 3rd paty he said/she said shit, He was there I believe and funded it, but I am willing to bet thie Feds are not actually after Vick, They are using him to get the names of people higher up, like mob, etc. I am willing to bet he will plea this out, give up some names and the media will be told he is having charges dropped due to lack of evidence, etc... so no one knows he gave up big names

Leisa
07-24-2007, 07:18 AM
He MAY not have done it, but he KNOWS who did it. I just can't wait to hear about this evidence, it's going to be really interesting for the next 6-8 months. I'm just wondering where his brother fits in on all of this, from what I hear they are joined at the hip. One can't do something without the other...

Either way, I am still a Falcons fan and will continue to support the team.

Mike Lowrey
07-24-2007, 07:30 AM

You sure it just wasn't vick holding the heart of the pit bull in his hands? ;) :D

Brett
07-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Stick a fork in him, his ass is done and cooked!! LOL

HalfBaked
07-24-2007, 09:05 AM
ESPN said the falcons are probably going to release him.

Brett
07-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Honestly I hope they do. When did they say this, and is this what they THINK or inside info? He is giving the falcons a very bad name right now.

HalfBaked
07-24-2007, 09:15 AM
The quote if I remember it correctly was Chris Mortenson saying "They will probably release him."

Evil Goat
07-24-2007, 09:16 AM
they almost dont have a choice....people dont tend to forgive cruelty to animals, and people tend to be close minded, even if the charges were dropped today people would still think he had an involvement in it

PhAtBoYMr2
07-24-2007, 09:22 AM
It will suck...vick will win a superbowl and it won't be with the falcons.....

and i will laugh at all you dumb fucks that say he can't do it...HAHAHAHA

Brett
07-24-2007, 09:23 AM
^^ Well it was on his property, so he has SOME sort of involvement, thats just fact and it was the company HE founded that handled the dogs.... He was involoved.

PhAtBoYMr2
07-24-2007, 09:24 AM
Truthfully they just need to put shockley out there and let him build his career...the man can play some ball....ive been watching him play since highschool...he can wins games and has a better accuracy then vick and is pretty mobile too.....more mobile then matt shaub

i'm telling you the only man that can replace mike vick and actually have heart is D.J shockley

he won some big games for us a UGA

Brett
07-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Yeah see, Id love to see Shockley have a shot, He seems like he is another Vick minus killing dogs

Evil Goat
07-24-2007, 09:33 AM
It will suck...vick will win a superbowl and it won't be with the falcons.....

and i will laugh at all you dumb fucks that say he can't do it...HAHAHAHA

lolerskates, let me know when hell freezes over

Evil Goat
07-24-2007, 09:37 AM
lolerskates, let me know when hell freezes over

i take that back, it is possible for vick to get a ring.....as a backup to a real quarterback

HalfBaked
07-24-2007, 09:40 AM
i take that back, it is possible for vick to get a ring.....as a backup to a real quarterback
Vick had a ring, but the feds took it away from him.

That is the closest he will get to one again though.

Evil Goat
07-24-2007, 09:42 AM

bwahahahah....lmfao...reps if i can

Brett
07-24-2007, 09:48 AM

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

BB6dohcvtec
07-24-2007, 10:46 AM
wow and ya'll call yourself falcons fans, ya'll are already tanking the season before i t starts because one player(not even really that great if you look at the stats) will not be playing.

p.s. the falcons might hate whats going on right now but i put money they won't release because if they do the hit will be so great they will put a shitty team on the field for the next 5 years because of salary cap implications

Brett
07-24-2007, 11:05 AM
He may be ONE player but the most important, Do you see a team doing well if they dont have a decent QB? I am not sure how well we would do without Vick, But I am willing to bet this season woul dbe tanked because you add we have a brand new coach who was basically brought in to work around Vicks talents, will not have to work with quaterbacks who are not ready, So will take a season to get a QB back who has good stats

Mike Lowrey
07-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Fuck Vick!

The falcons WILL be a better team without him!

HalfBaked
07-24-2007, 11:16 AM
http://www.softycentral.com/sights/newphoto/harr.jpg

Mike Lowrey
07-24-2007, 11:23 AM
Maybe they should have kept Schaub......

BB6dohcvtec
07-24-2007, 12:19 PM
lol petrino was not brought in to work around vick's talents....petrino's loves to pass the ball....passing is not one of vicks strengths.

Kelly
07-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Maybe they should have kept Schaub......

He only signed a one year contract ;) :goodjob:

HalfBaked
07-24-2007, 03:06 PM
The news conference is on.

Evil Goat
07-24-2007, 03:13 PM
nothing new...blah blah blah...the team is owned by the PU and CBA....end of story, they were going to suspend him for 4 weeks, fucking wow, the PU is worse than the fucking teachers unions

and fuck espn for cutting into craig biggios retirement conference for this bullshit

Brett
07-24-2007, 04:25 PM
You all see how Blank totally danced around the question if Vick will have a place on the team after this? You can tell he is so sick of Vick and doesnt want anything to do with him after this.

Evil Goat
07-24-2007, 04:35 PM
vick will never play in a falcons uniform again

Mike Lowrey
07-24-2007, 04:48 PM
He only signed a one year contract ;) :goodjob:

~sigh~

I will let this slide since you are blonde....

:D

Mike Lowrey
07-24-2007, 04:50 PM
You all see how Blank totally danced around the question if Vick will have a place on the team after this? You can tell he is so sick of Vick and doesnt want anything to do with him after this.

Blank should start a dog vs. man fighting company.....Vick can be the first to fight a dog (preferably one that was beaten at his home).

ShooterMcGavin
07-24-2007, 07:25 PM

u gonna go outside and walk ur pitbull too? if u do lemme know what kinda reaction u get :goodjob:

ShooterMcGavin
07-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Yeah see, Id love to see Shockley have a shot, He seems like he is another Vick minus killing dogs
but then again he did come from uga... :D

tippatone
07-24-2007, 07:35 PM
vick is done as a falcon, harrington is a bust but he can be productive as long as he is counted on to be a savior and the falcons season is toast.

Brett
07-25-2007, 06:16 AM
They were saying this morning that Harrington had one of his best games last year when he played his old team Detroit, so they were saying if Petrino could find a way to harness that emotion he had that day to have each week he could potentially be a very effective QB.

But they did offcially name Harrington as the new starter QB yesterday as well.

Mike Lowrey
07-25-2007, 06:20 AM
They were saying this morning that Harrington had one of his best games last year when he played his old team Detroit, so they were saying if Petrino could find a way to harness that emotion he had that day to have each week he could potentially be a very effective QB.

But they did offcially name Harrington as the new starter QB yesterday as well.

LOL. Who else they got?

Leisa
07-25-2007, 06:52 AM
They have Shockley.. as 3rd string.. or 2nd string now that Vick is gone...

Brett
07-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Yeah Shockly will most likley bump up to back up now

BB6dohcvtec
07-25-2007, 10:49 AM
something is still telling me harrington is going to have a good year

Brett
07-25-2007, 10:52 AM
I have a feeling he wont be as bad as what everyone expects, I think as a player he will excell at the chance he is being given to carry this team.

OneSlow5pt0
07-25-2007, 12:18 PM
thier gonna pick up chris redman who was a QB under petrino at Louisville...........and watch if falcons still need a QB next year they will draft the heisman winner Brian Brohm

BB6dohcvtec
07-25-2007, 12:42 PM
lol at people thinking brian brohm will be that good next yr w/o petrino lol :lmfao:

OneSlow5pt0
07-25-2007, 12:46 PM
lol at people thinking brian brohm will be that good next yr w/o petrino lol :lmfao:

hes great QB...hes made to be a great NFL QB not a good college QB *cough* pat white *cough* troy smith *cough* mike vick*cough*

HalfBaked
07-25-2007, 12:48 PM
I hope the falcons suck, then get a good draft pick and take McFadden.

OneSlow5pt0
07-25-2007, 12:49 PM
I hope the falcons suck, then get a good draft pick and take McFadden.

do u want mcfadden to do bad in the pros,lol

HalfBaked
07-25-2007, 12:54 PM
I'd love to see McFadden go to a team with a decent offensive line.

He would dominate.

DOMINATE.

BB6dohcvtec
07-25-2007, 01:08 PM
screw mcfadden i'll put money that felix jones will produce more in the nfl than mcfadden will, because mcfadden need a good o-line to produce his yards and he won't get that when he gets drafted unless he gets lucky now felix jones has the speed and the ability to make people miss

BB6dohcvtec
07-25-2007, 01:09 PM
o yea don't forget that foot/ankle injury he had late last season

HalfBaked
07-25-2007, 01:12 PM
o yea don't forget that foot/ankle injury he had late last season
McFadden looked good in the SEC championship game and against Wisconsin.

Felix Jones is a badass as well, he'll win the heisman the year after this.

OneSlow5pt0
07-25-2007, 01:15 PM
idk,i really think steve slaton will win it....id like to see tashard choice win it,i think hes gonna do great after rushing for 1400 yards last year

BB6dohcvtec
07-25-2007, 01:35 PM
what conference is steve slaton in o yea the BIG EAST :lmfao:

OneSlow5pt0
07-25-2007, 01:36 PM
what conference is steve slaton in o yea the BIG EAST :lmfao:

so..........

USC is in the pac-10.....thier like one other good team there

HalfBaked
07-25-2007, 01:39 PM
so..........

USC is in the pac-10.....thier like one other good team there
Are you fucking serious?

The pac 10 is a good conference this year all the way up and down.

USC, Cal, Oregon, Oregon State are all good teams.

OneSlow5pt0
07-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Are you fucking serious?

The pac 10 is a good conference this year all the way up and down.

USC, Cal, Oregon, Oregon State are all good teams.

yea,but whats wrong with the big east?u got louisville,WVA, and rutgers who were all in big bowls

BB6dohcvtec
07-25-2007, 02:14 PM
lol at both of you the sec is the toughest conference i hope ya'll know that. fuck the pac-10 they have good offensive teams up and down but on the defensive side of the ball is what may hurt them in the bowl games. except for usc

BB6dohcvtec
07-25-2007, 02:15 PM
yea,but whats wrong with the big east?u got louisville,WVA, and rutgers who were all in big bowls

the big east is a joke i have the being the third maybe fourth toughest conference out there this year

OneSlow5pt0
07-25-2007, 02:16 PM
ACC is the best........./thread

BB6dohcvtec
07-25-2007, 08:18 PM

:lmfao:

tippatone
07-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Sorry to say but the SEC is the best conference, but yall sleeping on the big east, we already know about WVA and Louisville but Rutgers can play with anybody

OneSlow5pt0
07-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Sorry to say but the SEC is the best conference, but yall sleeping on the big east, we already know about WVA and Louisville but Rutgers can play with anybody

im not sleepy on BE,i know its good

BB6dohcvtec
07-25-2007, 11:07 PM

sure they can :blah: ..... the only one who can in my opinion is Louisville lol

ShooterMcGavin
07-25-2007, 11:17 PM
:werd: acc = all championship conference :yes: :D

Nomad!
07-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Guess he can see what it feels like to be a politician for a season.
No doubt!

I can't get over how he has pretty much ruined his career over something as silly & inhumane as dog fighting. Even if he is found not guilty, his image, name, and reputation have all be severely tarnished.

sshonda2004
07-26-2007, 11:51 PM
you know its so fucked up how people are treating him like he has already been proven guilty, especially them people who dont even know what the fuck he being charged with.