PDA

View Full Version : help with installation

fulloboost
07-12-2005, 07:15 AM
I am going to install an amp and sub in my 02 accord..the only problem is ive never installed it before but have seen friends do it..the only question i have is does anyone know if it is hard to wire the amp toi the stok headunit..i have the high/low adapter with rca outs and also where should i wire the remote wire.. i was thinkin to antenna lead..any help appreciated..

threehundred
07-12-2005, 07:30 AM
The remote wire is so you can have a wired remote control to your amp. Did your amp not come with a remote control?

redgst97
07-12-2005, 09:46 AM
I always thought the "remote" wire was the short name for the "remote turn on" wire. This "should" cause the amp to power up once you turn on the Head unit.

If it is indeed an amplifier remote control, that would be a new one for me. I have seen some bass control knobs (silly knob) that will run off what looks like phone cable.

accordon17s
07-12-2005, 09:57 AM
You can splice the remote wire into the blue/white wire coming off the adapter or u can wire it to a switch that connects directly to the battery if im not mistaken, i would splice it into the blue/white wire tho if i were you.

Jaimecbr900
07-12-2005, 01:13 PM
John is correct.

The "remote" lead off an AMP is for the remote POWER on/off. It senses when the HU turns on and let's the amp power up. It should always be connected to the "remote" output on the back of the radio. If no "remote" lead available on the HU, you should probably connect it to the switched power lead that powers the radio that way it gets power at the same time the radio does. You don't want to hook it up to a constant power source.

threehundred
07-12-2005, 01:55 PM
LOL. I was kidding. I forgot about this thread until now.

What, none of you have wired remote controls like on old school tvs? I've got a 20ft wired remote control on my system. lol.

flysi00
07-12-2005, 05:17 PM
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

What, none of you have wired remote controls like on old school tvs? I've got a 20ft wired remote control on my system. lol.

Jaimecbr900
07-12-2005, 06:50 PM

I was hoping you were. YOU know better.... :D

fulloboost
07-12-2005, 07:15 PM
thanks guys for all this info..im installing it tonite if i have more ?s i will post em up

rotorho
07-13-2005, 10:37 AM
make sure your ground is good thats where most peope go wrong when putting in their amps

YokotaS13
07-13-2005, 11:02 AM
and get a real headunit. your going to hate the quality on teh line converter