PDA

View Full Version : Emission question Plz Help!

0p7!mu5
07-22-2007, 03:43 PM
Ok here's the deal im a lil new to the scene and I just got my first swap done and got a lil screwed. I got my 94 ls swapped (cuz it blew) for a 96 gsr and was told that i may want to look into a conversion so i can get through emissions in a few months w/o issues. I have two questions: 1) How to do it period cuz i got tools just not a lot of know-how and 2) if i get another ecu (thinkin chipped or payin out the ass for a hondata) will that screw me over any for the emissions period because i upgraded. im runnin a stock ecu right now and lookin for a chipped one too. Well any help would be appreciated!

EmminoDaGreat
07-22-2007, 03:58 PM
is the car a 94?

0p7!mu5
07-22-2007, 04:13 PM
no its a '96 body. does that make any diffrence?

0p7!mu5
07-22-2007, 04:14 PM
like i said i dont know much about building motors or nething like that i did minor crap like brake changes and crap

Footefan52
07-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Well in your original post you said your car was a 94..........in that case you should be fine as long as you have a catalytic convertor to pass the sniffer test.

If you have a 96 and are not throwing a check engine light then you should also be fine.

If you have a 96 and are throwing a code then you are shit out of luck and need to find someone that can turn the code off preminatly

Hope this helps

scttydb411
07-22-2007, 08:35 PM
you can go chipped obd1 ecu in a 96, but you won't pass emissions since the datalink will not read. what you'll need to do is at least have the items and the ability to swap in a stock ecu, injectors, cat, and o2's and drive it to get the ecu into readiness when it comes time to pass emissions. you aren't screwed, but you will have to do a little work each year if you want it to pass emissions legally.

0p7!mu5
07-22-2007, 09:02 PM
yeah sorry for the confusion.. I meant to type that just the motor was a 94 not the bod, that's a 96. that's just how i bought it. SO i found a 96 gsr and threw it in so everything else is stock minus the intake. SO will I still need the cat,injectors,and o2' or just the ecu and what kinda of work? Thnx for the info btw:bowdown: