PDA

View Full Version : General Chat License plate ?

AnthonyF
07-22-2007, 09:22 AM
My father was a Vietnam vet and recieved the Purple heart so he is allowed to have a purple heart tag with no fees. He just found out he can have more than one Purple Heart tag, but only one can have no fees.

My ? is, I have a custom license plate that stands out, should I get a purple heart tag for my car? I kno I am not a war veteran and that is what I told my dad (dont want to be a poser) but it would prob. help out with the cops and not being harassed as much....:???: anyone care to give me their 2 cents?

quickdodgeŽ
07-22-2007, 09:27 AM
help out with the cops and not being harassed as much....:???: anyone care to give me their 2 cents?

To me, it would be disrespectful as hail. And another, maybe if you don't drive in a manner that will get you "harassed" so much, you might not be "harassed." Unless of course you do drive as if your DNA consisted of the driver manual and you're just another one of "I GET HARASSED BECAUSE OF MY CAR OR MY COLOR" crowd. What crap. If I were a cop and saw you with a Purple Heart tag and you're obviously not old enough to have been in that sort of predicament, I'd "harass" you then. Later, QD.

2.0civic
07-22-2007, 09:27 AM
i wouldnt do it just for the fact there are war veterans driving around that actually means something to, ESPECIALLY if you are doing it for reasons to keep cops off. Ive NEVER had cop issue with any of my cars/ Try driving better? Plus if they saw a younger person driving it, they may fuck with you more thinking its stolen or something

2.0civic
07-22-2007, 09:28 AM
To me, it would be disrespectful as hail. And another, maybe if you don't drive in a manner that will get you "harassed" so much, you might not be "harassed." Unless of course you do drive as if your DNA consisted of the driver manual and you're just another one of "I GET HARASSED BECAUSE OF MY CAR OR MY COLOR" crowd. What crap. Later, QD.damn son you got some ESP or some shit

AnthonyF
07-22-2007, 09:29 AM
To me, it would be disrespectful as hail. And another, maybe if you don't drive in a manner that will get you "harassed" so much, you might not be "harassed." Unless of course you do drive as if your DNA consisted of the driver manual and you're just another one of "I GET HARASSED BECAUSE OF MY CAR OR MY COLOR" crowd. What crap. If I were a cop and saw you with a Purple Heart tag and you're obviously not old enough to have been in that sort of predicament, I'd "harass" you then. Later, QD.

well, I'm white but not its not that. I get harassed a lot b/c of the tint on my car. No matter if im going slow, pulling out of McDonalds, anything they love to pull me over and try to search the car.

I udnerstand the disrespect thing. Thats Why i asked. I didn't feel it was right to take credit in something I didnt earn.

AnthonyF
07-22-2007, 09:32 AM
i wouldnt do it just for the fact there are war veterans driving around that actually means something to, ESPECIALLY if you are doing it for reasons to keep cops off. Ive NEVER had cop issue with any of my cars/ Try driving better? Plus if they saw a younger person driving it, they may fuck with you more thinking its stolen or something

I am 21 driving a bright red mustang and they think mommy and daddy paid for it so just a bunch of reasons. But o'well. that is why i asked.

but I drive 100 miles a day on 85 and i usually sit in the far right lanes behind a semi and just cruise at like 25. I hate pushing in the clutch. (this is during nasty rush hour)

quickdodgeŽ
07-22-2007, 09:32 AM
I get harassed a lot b/c of the tint on my car. No matter if im going slow, pulling out of McDonalds, anything they love to pull me over and try to search the car.

Explain this: How is that you call it "harassment" when you're knowingly(or not knowing) doing something against the law? Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
07-22-2007, 09:33 AM
damn son you got some ESP or some shit

Hmmm. I don't think so, Tim. You posted after me. Your ESP-ness trails me by about 3.563 seconds it would appear. Later, QD.

Julio
07-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Man you drive your car 100 miles a day..eww.. get a daily beater... =]

AnthonyF
07-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Explain this: How is that you call it "harassment" when you're knowingly(or not knowing) doing something against the law? Later, QD.

ur out to get me arent you?

I asked a simple ? man, no need to flip out.

a year ago I got thrown in jail for passing a charger at 45mph in 55. They said I was racing, cuffed me, impounded my car, and i spent around 3k bucks on lawyers and fees b/c of some dumbass cop saying i was racing. Since my record wasnt the best in the world, they believed the cop over me.

AnthonyF
07-22-2007, 09:37 AM
Man you drive your car 100 miles a day..eww.. get a daily beater... =]

thats why i bought a ford :goodjob: lololol yup 44miles one way, 44 back plus driving to pick up parts.

1439/2000
07-22-2007, 09:38 AM
If I were a cop and saw you with a Purple Heart tag and you're obviously not old enough to have been in that sort of predicament, I'd "harass" you then. Later, QD.

I have 21 year old friends that have purple hearts. There is a war going on right now, btw. Dont do it.

AnthonyF
07-22-2007, 09:39 AM
I have 21 year old friends that have purple hearts. There is a war going on right now, btw. Dont do it.

appreciate it.

quickdodgeŽ
07-22-2007, 09:40 AM
ur out to get me arent you?

I asked a simple ? man, no need to flip out.

I'm not out to get you. And where do you see me flipping out? I answered your question, calmly, and, in the same calm manner, asked you a simple question. How does your F&F story answer my question. I just like to understand how, when you know you have too dark tinted windows, it would be harassment if they pull you over for it. Is it the tint's shop's fault? Did you beg them not to put too dark tint on there and they did it anyway? Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
I have 21 year old friends that have purple hearts.

Ok. Later, QD.

Julio
If I were a cop and saw you with a Purple Heart tag and you're obviously not old enough to have been in that sort of predicament, I'd "harass" you then. Later, QD.

:thinking: Sorry Qdzille... lol.. This country been in war for the last few years.. mostly younger guys.. Im sure there has to be some with purple hearts... :goodjob: I may be wrong though.

quickdodgeŽ
07-22-2007, 09:44 AM
:thinking: Sorry Qdzille... lol.. This country been in war for the last few years.. mostly younger guys.. Im sure there has to be some with purple hearts... :goodjob: I may be wrong though.

Oh I realize that. Didn't think about it when I posted it. Later, QD.

AnthonyF
07-22-2007, 09:47 AM
I'm not out to get you. And where do you see me flipping out? I answered your question, calmly, and, in the same calm manner, asked you a simple question. How does your F&F story answer my question. I just like to understand how, when you know you have too dark tinted windows, it would be harassment if they pull you over for it. Is it the tint's shop's fault? Did you beg them not to put too dark tint on there and they did it anyway? Later, QD.

i was just stating that i do get harassed by the type of vehicle i drive. It happens to a lot of us.

quickdodgeŽ
07-22-2007, 09:51 AM
i was just stating that i do get harassed by the type of vehicle i drive. It happens to a lot of us.

Lolol. Ok. So, again, no straight answer. I've had about 13 cars in my life. Not one was stock(all completely driving without springs, bouncing around the roads among other very noticeable "mods") and I have never once been pulled over for anything other than speeding. But ok. I'll let this topic get back to it's original intent:

I wouldn't do it out of respect for the real veterans. Later, QD.

AnthonyF
07-22-2007, 09:53 AM
I wouldn't do it out of respect for the real veterans. Later, QD.

thats what I told my dad. I do respect them and what they do. Also support what they do for us. I thought it'd be a bad idea.

Tinton
07-22-2007, 08:43 PM
You bought a car that's a cop magnet, AND you tinted it, good job. Live with it. Window tint and a custom plate will attract the po po, remember that. I've never had either, and I NEVER get harassed. Anyone I know with tint usually gets fucked with though.

If its so dark that people can't see you when you're driving its too dark and prepare to get stopped a lot.

And I agree with what someone else said, get a daily driver and only pull the Mustang out on weekends. That way you can blend in better.

Kyle
07-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Using your parents war history to avoid tickets FTMFL.

AnthonyF
07-22-2007, 09:14 PM

i dunno what dis means...:thinking:

AnthonyF
07-22-2007, 09:17 PM
And I agree with what someone else said, get a daily driver and only pull the Mustang out on weekends. That way you can blend in better.

want/need to but cannot b/c i iz broke

Evil Goat
07-22-2007, 09:30 PM

x2

i dunno what dis means...:thinking:

for the motherfucking loss....idiot

AnthonyF
07-22-2007, 09:32 PM
for the motherfucking loss....idiot

right. i guess not knowing what 5 random ass letters are, im an idiot. hmmm...ok. macon racers takin ova tha world. lololol:lmfao:

Evil Goat
07-22-2007, 09:33 PM
right. i guess not knowing what 5 random ass letters are, im an idiot. hmmm...ok. macon racers takin ova tha world. lololol:lmfao:

yea, mr taking over the world, about like that 4.shit is taking over the streets of atlanta....

redrumracer
07-22-2007, 09:35 PM
you could all ways get a black sticker with a blue reflective line across the middle and put it on your back glass. but not a huge one just a 3x5 or so

AnthonyF
07-22-2007, 09:35 PM
yea, mr taking over the world, about like that 4.shit is taking over the streets of atlanta....

almost funny...but not quite.:umno: :goodjob: :2up: :lmfao:

Evil Goat
07-22-2007, 09:37 PM
its almost fast...but not quite. :goodjob: :2up: :lmfao:

yea, i know

AnthonyF
07-22-2007, 09:37 PM
yea, i know

creative eiditing...again...not. are you in love with me b/c u sure do worship me. hahaha

Evil Goat
07-22-2007, 09:38 PM
creative eiditing...again...not. are you in love with me b/c u sure do worship me. hahaha

yes, run of the mill mommy bought mustangs turn me on

AnthonyF
07-22-2007, 09:40 PM
yes, run of the mill mommy bought mustangs turn me on

wow. you sure do know a lot about me. except your missing the part...pss....WHERE I PAID FOR MY OWN CAR! lolol. :lmfao: sry to disappoint u MaconRetard

Evil Goat
07-22-2007, 09:40 PM
prove it...i can, lets tango mommas boy

AnthonyF
07-22-2007, 09:42 PM
prove it...i can, lets tango mommas boy

lets tango? haha what a fucking weirdo. You might be gay, but i don't dance with guys....wait a minute...your not. But your too ugly to be a girl. lolol :lmfao: go play with your lonely self

Kyle
07-22-2007, 09:54 PM
macon racers takin ova tha world. lololol:lmfao:
Coming from the guy who revs at wrx's stopped at red lights. Lol, jp.

Evil Goat
07-22-2007, 09:55 PM
lets tango? haha what a fucking weirdo. You might be gay, but i don't dance with guys....wait a minute...your not. But your too ugly to be a girl. lolol :lmfao: go play with your lonely self

figures, we all know where the cars from.....

AnthonyF
07-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Coming from the guy who revs at wrx's stopped at red lights. Lol, jp.

look at some1 who wasn't fucking there nor heard the story. hm? why dont u read up on it or ask ?'s before saying stupid shit

Evil Goat
07-22-2007, 09:58 PM
look at some1 who wasn't fucking there nor heard the story. hm? why dont u read up on it or ask ?'s before saying stupid shit

i think the same thing everytime i read one of your posts involving anything that has to do with cars

AnthonyF
07-22-2007, 10:00 PM
i think the same thing everytime i read one of your posts involving anything that has to do with cars

well retard, if you've ever followed any of my posts (which Im sure u have) you've noticed I do ask ?'s. B/C when i do not know, I ask ?'s. I do not know EVERYTHING about cars, no1 does.

Evil Goat
07-22-2007, 10:02 PM
well retard, if you've ever followed any of my posts (which Im sure u have) you've noticed I do ask ?'s. B/C when i do not know, I ask ?'s. I do not know EVERYTHING about cars, no1 does.

aint that the motherfucking truth....but wait, i thought you were mr. ase certified working at daddys shop b/c youre the next brian spilner?

Kyle
07-22-2007, 10:03 PM
I heard the story from george. Seems like I struck a nerve, I was must messing with you.

AnthonyF
07-22-2007, 10:04 PM
aint that the motherfucking truth....but wait, i thought you were mr. ase certified working at daddys shop b/c youre the next brian spilner?

who said I was Brian Spilner? I never said I was ASE certified. Do I have to be? no. Could i be, Yes. The other mechanic is and he says its simple as hell.

AnthonyF
07-22-2007, 10:05 PM
I heard the story from george. Seems like I struck a nerve, I was must messing with you.

what? just? that shit is long over with.

Evil Goat
07-22-2007, 10:06 PM
who said I was Brian Spilner? I never said I was ASE certified. Do I have to be? no. Could i be, Yes. The other mechanic is and he says its simple as hell.

lollerskates!

Kyle
07-22-2007, 10:15 PM
what? just? that shit is long over with.
You know what I meant. I know that shit is old.

Evil Goat
07-22-2007, 10:17 PM
youre killing me with those neg reps....that all you got?

Mr2raceworks
07-22-2007, 11:45 PM
you don't need a license plate to make the cops "not mess with you", don't drive like a fool, speed, or act suspicious. Why spend the money on that tag when you can get those family of a police man stickers for next to nothing

Humphrizzle
07-23-2007, 03:05 AM

i do.

AnthonyF
07-23-2007, 05:40 AM
you don't need a license plate to make the cops "not mess with you", don't drive like a fool, speed, or act suspicious. Why spend the money on that tag when you can get those family of a police man stickers for next to nothing

those dont work. I have a few friends that are Gwinnett Cops and they say they dont care about those.

Evil Goat
07-23-2007, 07:18 AM
i say stop being a goddamn cunt and you wont get pulled over, ive owned modified cars from the time i was 16 and have been pulled over plenty of times, all of which were warranted, not once did i have a purple heart tag, a black/blue stripe sticker...its all about how you drive and how you present yourself, if theyre pulling you over for your tint and its legal then take the shit off if you dont like it, otherwise stfu and stop whining about getting pulled over

CRACKaLACKIN
07-23-2007, 07:56 AM
i say stop being a goddamn cunt and you wont get pulled over, ive owned modified cars from the time i was 16 and have been pulled over plenty of times, all of which were warranted, not once did i have a purple heart tag, a black/blue stripe sticker...its all about how you drive and how you present yourself, if theyre pulling you over for your tint and its legal then take the shit off if you dont like it, otherwise stfu and stop whining about getting pulled over

are you in love with him? u sure do like him a lot. is your boyfriend not putting out for you? hahaha:lmfao:

Evil Goat
07-23-2007, 08:04 AM
are you in love with him? u sure do like him a lot. is your boyfriend not putting out for you? hahaha:lmfao:

did i hand out permission for you to speak? dont you have some plastic to repair on that faggoty car of yours?

Evil Goat
07-23-2007, 04:54 PM

p.s.....your reps dont count for a motherfucking thing, stupid noob

KPowerEP3
07-23-2007, 05:41 PM
/thread...10 posts ago

bdydrpdmazda
07-23-2007, 05:56 PM
As a war veteran but not a purple heart recipiant (thank god), I would have to agree with QDs first post and say its disrespectful and maybe you should change your driving habits to avoid contact with the police all together.

bdydrpdmazda
07-23-2007, 05:59 PM
what a stupid contradiction, you just told him he should drive better to avoid cops and then you told him to get a sticker to do it.

sleepys4
07-24-2007, 12:45 AM
Fuck what everybody thinks, do what you want. Not that it matters i think you should get it. Its like honoring your dad in a sense.