PDA

View Full Version : Misc 50 Cent is offended!!!?!?!?!?!?

quickdodge®
07-20-2007, 10:23 PM
NEW YORK - Rapper 50 Cent sued an Internet advertising company for $1 million Friday, claiming it illegally used his image in a game where the player pretends to shoot him.

The game, called “Shoot the Rapper,” shows 50 Cent walking back and forth in an ad across the top of a Web page while the viewer is encouraged to shoot him by aiming and clicking with the mouse, court papers say.

A successful shot results in a misty cloud of red, and the viewer is then directed to another Web page where the ad firm’s client sells goods and services, according to the lawsuit.

The rapper’s lawyer, Peter Raymond, says the game doesn’t use 50 Cent’s name, but “it looks like him, and there’s no doubt the character is intended to be him.”

The lawsuit names Traffix Inc. of Pearl River, N.Y., as the defendant. A lawyer for the company, Ezio Scaldaferri, said he had not been served with the papers and could not comment.

The rapper, whose real name is Curtis James Jackson, is a well-known victim of gun violence, Raymond said. He said the advertising company is using 50 Cent’s likeness without his permission and suggesting that he endorses the game.

“For all those reasons, he is personally offended,” the lawyer said.

Raymond said the rapper learned about the ad after one of his management people saw the it on a MySpace page.

The rapper’s lawsuit asks at least $1 million in actual damages, a permanent injunction against the use of his image without permission, and unspecified punitive damages.

Lolol. You gotta be shitting me. All the shit that 50 Cent has said and done in his "career" and he has the nerve to be "offended?" Fuck you 50. Later, QD.

sshonda2004
07-20-2007, 11:16 PM
lol sounds like you hatin, no matter how rich you get, at the end of the day your still human which meens you still get offended.

jamaicanDM
07-20-2007, 11:18 PM
im sure no one wants people to be making money off them without them getting their cut its just human nature....put yourself in his shoes for a minute....50 is still aite in my book, very good business man he is like todays Master P

HeLLo iM iZzY
07-21-2007, 12:45 AM
Just because it looks like him, walks like him, gets shot like him does not mean it is him. And they dont even use his fucking name to say it's him.

IMWEZL
07-21-2007, 01:20 AM
Well from a business perspective I would be mad too. I mean $1 Mill probably isn't shit to him and will most likely go to his lawyer and legal fees.

What if it was Chuck Norris people were shooting at? He would probably bounce the bullets right back to them and then there would be another lawsuit.

quickdodge®
07-21-2007, 06:50 AM
You guys defending this move are either idiots or don't see what I'm talking about. This has nothing to do with "hatin"(cop out word to use on someone when they don't like your idol). So you don't think that 50 Cent has never offended anyone with his lyrics, depictions and actions through out his life and career? The people he's robbed. The people he's talked about. His "crew" running around slapping little boys around. And that's not "hatin." That's fact. You have to know that 50 didn't make all his money in gospel or singing hymns while while doing charity work for muscular dystrophy. Later, QD.

jamaicanDM
07-21-2007, 07:28 AM
Just because it looks like him, walks like him, gets shot like him does not mean it is him. And they dont even use his fucking name to say it's him.
so its the same thing when video games use all the NCAA fooball players without putting on the jerseys that way they dont have to pay them but u and I know its them

jamaicanDM
07-21-2007, 07:31 AM
You guys defending this move are either idiots or don't see what I'm talking about. This has nothing to do with "hatin"(cop out word to use on someone when they don't like your idol). So you don't think that 50 Cent has never offended anyone with his lyrics, depictions and actions through out his life and career? The people he's robbed. The people he's talked about. His "crew" running around slapping little boys around. And that's not "hatin." That's fact. You have to know that 50 didn't make all his money in gospel or singing hymns while while doing charity work for muscular dystrophy. Later, QD.
thats true but i still thinks he has the right doing what he´s ðoing. I doubt this end up in court it might get settled out of court

Julio
07-21-2007, 08:06 AM
is a catch 22 really....

Once you are at the level of Curtis... You really have to be careful with your image.. as much as i do not like 50, He still worked hard to be where he is at. Atleast he didnt sue for 1 billion dollars like alot of idiots do. In reality, 50 doesnt need that 1 million dollars, but it sends a message.

But on the other hand.. Im with QD.. after all the BS that mofo has talked.. how can he be offended..... hahahaha

quickdodge®
07-21-2007, 09:08 AM
But on the other hand.. Im with QD.. after all the BS that mofo has talked.. how can he be offended..... hahahaha

Exactly. I'm not saying he shouldn't be saying something about someone using his likeness and all. That should have been his excuse for wanting more money. Not because he was "offended." Later, QD.

IMWEZL
07-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Yeah I really could care less if someone shot him again and he didn't make it. I never bought his CD and don't plan to in the future.

Clegger
07-21-2007, 07:43 PM
guys...seriously, it was probably something his lawyer brought up and said hey look this is an easy way to make a quick $1 mil can I do it?? and hes like ok sure whatever

HeLLo iM iZzY
07-22-2007, 11:55 PM
so its the same thing when video games use all the NCAA fooball players without putting on the jerseys that way they dont have to pay them but u and I know its them
Dude, your fucking comparing apples to oranges. I want my favorite NCAA player to be in the game. What I dont want is my favorite rapper (he isn't, I'm just saying) to be in a game, or a look alike of him. And another thing I dont think 50 has any right to be offended by anything. He shot at people, robbed them, bullied them around, ordered hits, and in the end he feels offended by a game? Suck it 50.

.gauge.
07-23-2007, 12:08 AM
The rapper’s lawsuit asks at least $1 million in actual damages

Damages? What damages? Is it like voodoo?:jerkit:

Jecht
07-23-2007, 12:11 AM
Wooo. Money.

HeLLo iM iZzY
07-23-2007, 12:41 AM
Wooo. Money.
Quit following me in every thread I go.

DAMN, son.

:2up:

quickdodge®
07-23-2007, 07:01 AM
I wonder if Osama and Brittney is going to join him. Later, QD.

jamaicanDM
07-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Dude, your fucking comparing apples to oranges. I want my favorite NCAA player to be in the game. What I dont want is my favorite rapper (he isn't, I'm just saying) to be in a game, or a look alike of him. And another thing I dont think 50 has any right to be offended by anything. He shot at people, robbed them, bullied them around, ordered hits, and in the end he feels offended by a game? Suck it 50.
ok 'dude' im fucking comparing apples to oranges...its the same shit in my opinion hate it orl ove u have the right to either one

HeLLo iM iZzY
07-23-2007, 01:12 PM
ok 'dude' im fucking comparing apples to oranges...its the same shit in my opinion hate it orl ove u have the right to either one
Whats with the apostrophes on the word "dude?"

RACIST!

"B"
07-23-2007, 01:13 PM
HAHAHAHAHA

+1

automaniac
07-23-2007, 02:30 PM
That nigg just found out???? Shit's been up for over 3 years now...

jamaicanDM
07-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Whats with the apostrophes on the word "dude?"

RACIST!
haha na man dont take it like lol

HeLLo iM iZzY
07-23-2007, 08:45 PM
haha na man dont take it like lol
Yeah, well fuck that, I'm taking it like that.

404S2K
07-23-2007, 09:22 PM
I'm with QD on this one. 50's ass has no right to be "offended" wow.....

SRCRX
07-23-2007, 09:35 PM
guys...seriously, it was probably something his lawyer brought up and said hey look this is an easy way to make a quick $1 mil can I do it?? and hes like ok sure whatever

I'm sure 50 gets offers like this every day, But on the other hand
offended, shit be a MAN and go take care of it yourself!!

thinkfast®
07-23-2007, 10:22 PM
CURTIS SHOULD BE OFFENDED BY THE GARBAGE THAT G UNIT HAS PUT OUT, AMONGST OTHER THINGS

I MEAN CMON CAN ANYONE NAME A TOP 10 SONG G UNIT HAS PUT OUT??

OH THATS RIGHT, "SMILE" W/ THAT ULTRA HARDCORE RAP&BULLSHIT SINGER JOE

WOW NOW THAT WAS A BANGER.. IN WHAT, SUMMER 2005??

GOTTA GET BREAD FOR YAYO SOMEHOW, GRANDPA NEED NEW SHOES