PDA

View Full Version : Sad story

Jaimecbr900
07-20-2007, 10:20 PM
I just saw on the news that the Hall County Animal Shelter had to put down 1100 animals last month due to over crowding. That is very sad.

They just showed a TON of puppies, which normally are easy to find a home for, that are there right now.

It only costs $70 to adopt, and that's a great deal considering your new pet would be spayed/neutered, shots given, wormed, etc. That's not bad at all.

We have a ton of people here from Hall county, so if you're looking for a new pet......please consider going by the shelter there and helping those folks out.

They took in 45 animals just today.....and only 9 got adopted.....sad. Pound puppies are great. I have 3 of them.

BKgen®
07-20-2007, 10:22 PM
i would take one off their hands, but my dog would kill it. i tried it before when i worked at a Vet... it didn't work out. lol

quickdodge®
07-20-2007, 10:29 PM
I just saw on the news that the Hall County Animal Shelter had to put down 1100 animals last month due to over crowding. That is very sad.

They just showed a TON of puppies, which normally are easy to find a home for, that are there right now.

It only costs $70 to adopt, and that's a great deal considering your new pet would be spayed/neutered, shots given, wormed, etc. That's not bad at all.

We have a ton of people here from Hall county, so if you're looking for a new pet......please consider going by the shelter there and helping those folks out.

They took in 45 animals just today.....and only 9 got adopted.....sad. Pound puppies are great. I have 3 of them.

My wife and I just saw the same news report, Jaime. Later, QD.

SampaGuy
07-20-2007, 10:35 PM
maybe michael vick would take them

Bishop
07-20-2007, 10:49 PM
I would take one in but i am never home and don't feel its fair to the pet. A kid in my class actually just took his dog to the shelter because it killed his dads rooster.

Dracc
07-20-2007, 10:51 PM

naw that would be the last person we want to have more dogs

jamaicanDM
07-20-2007, 11:03 PM
If the Mike Vick thing wasnt going on i´m sure this post wouldnt have been made.....they should take them fkers to jail too its the same shit just a lil more humane...

HeLLo iM iZzY
07-20-2007, 11:19 PM
I hate seeing little ones get put down. Just sad to see, ya know? I would take 1 or 2 but my yard isn't fenced YET. When it does get done though, I will be adopting one FOR SURE.

redrumracer
07-21-2007, 12:54 AM
did yall hear about the illegal shelter they shut down earlier this week?

HeLLo iM iZzY
07-21-2007, 01:09 AM
Illegal? I wouldn't think that's a bad thing. I mean, they are trying to help the animals find better homes.

disrupt
07-21-2007, 02:32 AM
people need to start spaying/neutering their dogs even if they didn't adopt, because 1100 animals a month in just one shelter is ridiculous.

Dyno
07-21-2007, 02:33 AM
Damn 1100 animals S!@#

RandomGuy
07-21-2007, 02:39 AM
^^HAHAHHA

but yeah that sucks but on the other spectrum of things, what else can they really do? That's honestly the most humane thing they can do in the situation. They can't have them forever funding wise, and i'm sure the animals wouldn't want to be there forever either. Its not like they can just set them free or let 'em loose on some deserted island. They coulda at least capitalized in the situation and sold the corpses to korean restaurants ;) blahah more $$ to take care of the new arrivals.

Kelly
07-21-2007, 08:04 AM
That's terrible. I watch Animal Planet all the time and Animal Cops is one of my favorite shows on there. I would love to work with the ASPCA. Is their one in Atlanta?

AnthonyF
07-21-2007, 08:15 AM
awwww thats so sad. I hate to hear about things like that. We have 4 dogs at our house all were adopted.

Our no.1 thing in our house, if we hit the lottery, we're opening a shelter for dogs and taking them ALL in. hehe.