PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Break in tuning HELP

DoriDori
07-20-2007, 09:28 PM
I will be breaking in a heavily built B18b1 motor, and i need a cheap cheap tuning solution to break it in under while keeping it safe. What are my options?

If this helps-

11ish compression
stage 3 crower cams
full port and polish
multiangle valvejob
adjustable fuel press.
adjustable cam gears
stock ignition
4-1 header
port matched manifold
.....car has OB2 LS ecu

(holy crap, power is so expensive to make on N/A non-vtec hondas)

EmminoDaGreat
07-20-2007, 09:34 PM
convert to obd1 and get a basemap by us.

DoriDori
07-20-2007, 09:39 PM
have any idea on price?

EmminoDaGreat
07-20-2007, 09:40 PM
pmd

Mr2raceworks
07-22-2007, 11:36 PM
You want a Cheep Cheep Solution??? why you wanna be cheep when you say you got a "heavily built" motor. Don't be cheep, be smart about it

run a chipped Ecu that can be tuned, set your RPM up to allow you to top out at 4000, so you wont go over it and you don't have to worry about blowing your motor. Change the oil 2 or 3 times with in this break in period also. Come back after the break in, and get it seriously tuned and dyno'd.

the stuff you listed isn't technically a "Heavily built motor"

You should LS/VTEC if you want power

Black R
07-23-2007, 12:40 AM
http://importbuilders.com/breakinarticle.htm

you may now rep me.

start tuning as soon as you crank it up for the first time. period.

speedminded
07-23-2007, 08:12 AM
You want a Cheep Cheep Solution??? why you wanna be cheep when you say you got a "heavily built" motor. Don't be cheep, be smart about it

run a chipped Ecu that can be tuned, set your RPM up to allow you to top out at 4000, so you wont go over it and you don't have to worry about blowing your motor. Change the oil 2 or 3 times with in this break in period also. Come back after the break in, and get it seriously tuned and dyno'd.

the stuff you listed isn't technically a "Heavily built motor"

You should LS/VTEC if you want power

you may now rep me.

^^^^ There's your answer(s) ^^^^^

scttydb411
07-23-2007, 09:40 PM

you may now rep me.

x2.

unless you're breaking in an engine to stock specs you need to be real easy or a better suggestion is to tune it immediately.

at a minimum use regular motor oil and let it idle for a bit (20-30 min, bleed the coolant system while you're doing this) and blip the throttle a few times to slightly seat the rings. change the oil and take a look to see the condition of it. start tuning. if you feel as though you want to take the longer approach at least tune out enough of what you'll be driving in to break it in. you don't want to have a stock tune/ecu on an otherwise non stock build. if it's far enough from stock fuel and/or timing won't be what you need/want.