PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods Need help with tire rub problem!

boost_101
07-20-2007, 06:38 PM
okay folks i need some help to solve this little problem of mines. I have a 1991 240sx with 225/45R17 tires and only one side is rubbing the spring which is the driver side. I was thinking of 5mm wheel spacers but i was wondering why is it only the driver side is it because the shock is worn?

Tracy
07-20-2007, 06:49 PM
car type may help??? But I'm a girl, what do I know?

sprix!
07-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Are you sure it is rubbing the spring and not the body of the car? Most cases of rubbing involve the body. Also, it has more to do with the offset of the wheel more than the tire itself.

speedminded
07-27-2007, 08:44 AM
okay folks i need some help to solve this little problem of mines. I have a 1991 240sx with 225/45R17 tires and only one side is rubbing the spring which is the driver side. I was thinking of 5mm wheel spacers but i was wondering why is it only the driver side is it because the shock is worn?What's the wheels, i've noticed with Rota's and Konigs they tend to have differant offsets from one wheel to the next...you get what you pay for and quality control isn't exactly on the top of the list for cheaper wheels. Could also be a camber issue if something is a little tweaked on one side. :2cents:

car type may help??? But I'm a girl, what do I know?+++ lol, but you're a girl...aren't you supposed to know everything or just act like it?! :tongue: