PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Where my sleepers at?

superboost
07-20-2007, 12:23 PM
So where the sleepers at? And what kind of mods do you have? I like checkin up on the other sleepers on occaision. Its kind of both a gift and a curse having an extreme sleeper car because most of the time, when I rev on somebody, they simply laugh. So who else drives a sleeper, and routinely gets slept on?

1439/2000
07-20-2007, 12:24 PM
real sleepers dont advertise what they are or what they have done. the fact that you are advertising you are a sleeper leads me to believe your car is not that fast.

AnthonyF
07-20-2007, 12:56 PM
I agree. ^^^ that be pointless to have a sleeper then

.gauge.
07-20-2007, 12:58 PM
most of the time, when I rev on somebody, they simply laugh.

Most likely because you drive a brick.
And most likely they don't street race.

Black R
07-20-2007, 01:05 PM
real sleepers dont advertise what they are or what they have done. the fact that you are advertising you are a sleeper leads me to believe your car is not that fast.

Nah, volvo's are the exception - they're all sleepers. :goodjob:

superboost
07-20-2007, 06:51 PM

well seeing as how i've never posted any track times, specs, pics or even the model of my car, I'm pretty sure my status as a sleeper is safe....

and I dont' street race either, but i do like to mess with ricers from time to time.

Mr2raceworks
07-23-2007, 12:00 AM
:lmfao:LOL real sleepers in atlanta seem to leave their car primed and junkie looking and call it a sleeper.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Elbow
07-23-2007, 07:25 AM
So where the sleepers at? And what kind of mods do you have? I like checkin up on the other sleepers on occaision. Its kind of both a gift and a curse having an extreme sleeper car because most of the time, when I rev on somebody, they simply laugh. So who else drives a sleeper, and routinely gets slept on?

what do you drive? revving on ricers and beating them does not mean you have a sleeper.

MaRk2k
07-23-2007, 08:12 AM
Dude my camerys gona be a sleper

AnthonyF
07-23-2007, 08:17 AM
:lmfao:LOL real sleepers in atlanta seem to leave their car primed and junkie looking and call it a sleeper.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

not really....if they are primed and junk looking....then they usually are junk.

superboost
07-23-2007, 08:17 AM
what do you drive? revving on ricers and beating them does not mean you have a sleeper.

nah, but what you consider a ricer and what i consider a ricer may be different. And yes, if you saw it, you would consider it a sleeper. it is currently undergroing more "sleeperfication", but it is highly sleeper.

and I wouldn't say that about primered junkified vehicles being junk. One of the fastest cars I've ever driven was just that. Rusted brown 1984 volvo 240 diesel wagon with a GN swap and 120 shot. Windows didn't work, there were literal holes of rust in the doors and the guy used to leave an old washing machine in the back (he claimed it hooked better with the washer) Car ran an 11.9@117mph on spray. Was good for consistant 12.0's mainly. Was very, very, very fast had rusted body, rusted doors and a mis-matched tailgate. We nicknamed it dirty sanchez.

I have pics somewhere.

AnthonyF
07-23-2007, 08:19 AM
^^ then post pics

Evil Goat
07-23-2007, 08:29 AM
Car ran an 11.9@117mph on spray. Was good for consistant 12.0's mainly. Was very, very, very fast

11.9-12.0's should never be in the same sentence as "very, very, very fast"

superboost
07-23-2007, 08:29 AM
oh ye of little faith....

shitty cam phone.
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n312/racerx509/tbricks/26747122053_0-1.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n312/racerx509/tbricks/26747122053_0.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n312/racerx509/tbricks/26747086213_0.jpg

superboost
07-23-2007, 08:30 AM
11.9-12.0's should never be in the same sentence as "very, very, very fast"

it is when said vehicle is sold for $800.

Evil Goat
07-23-2007, 08:32 AM
it is when said vehicle is sold for $800.

no it isnt, period, 12.0 is not very very very fast, not even close to being very very fast, i could potentially see it being very fast, but then again, not so much

AnthonyF
07-23-2007, 08:43 AM
that car is a piece of shit.

go look on streetfire for a volvette. Thats a fucking sick ass sleeper. LS1 TT Volvo

superboost
07-23-2007, 08:51 AM
I know the volvette owner. he comes to t-bricks meets every year. Sick car, but this has a higher cheapness-speed ratio. I like beater-sleepers, but I can respect a clean car too. There is just a funny element to getting rolled on by a shitty looking car.

There is also a volvo 740 wagon here in marietta with an LS1 swap. Blue wagon, rims and lowering. There are also a few volvo 4 bangers making 500+ @ the wheels down in FL. Evertonn biggs beat out a supra back in 05 with his 84 wagon with twincam built 2.3 liter. Only 550whp because he was having problems with his ems system. He's down in West Palm Fl, but i got ahold of his engine builder to port a cyl head for me. I still prefer beater-sleeprs though, but thats all a matter of personal taste.

AnthonyF
07-23-2007, 08:57 AM
I know the volvette owner. he comes to t-bricks meets every year. Sick car, but this has a higher cheapness-speed ratio. I like beater-sleepers, but I can respect a clean car too. There is just a funny element to getting rolled on by a shitty looking car.

There is also a volvo 740 wagon here in marietta with an LS1 swap. Blue wagon, rims and lowering. There are also a few volvo 4 bangers making 500+ @ the wheels down in FL. Evertonn biggs beat out a supra back in 05 with his 84 wagon with twincam built 2.3 liter. Only 550whp because he was having problems with his ems system. He's down in West Palm Fl, but i got ahold of his engine builder to port a cyl head for me. I still prefer beater-sleeprs though, but thats all a matter of personal taste.

you know what...id give u +1 for having something different but ur thing is off. I give u credit for doing what u enjoy with what u got.

superboost
07-23-2007, 09:10 AM
you know what...id give u +1 for having something different but ur thing is off. I give u credit for doing what u enjoy with what u got.

lol. ty for the +1. What I'm talking about the humor of beater-sleepers is this.

It was a clear vegas night. We were just coming from the track and it is about 3am down tropicana blvd. The car was running pretty good, bottle was still hooked up and there was a F360 modena to my right. The road merges to a single lane just ahead. We both stop at the light and my friend got a small grin on his face. I look over at the modena driver and point and my friend revs. The ferrari guy has a puzzled look on his face, starts to laugh and revs back. My friend powerbrakes the volvo and purges the nitrous. When the light goes, he launches the car and lets loose with the spray into second gear. Before 70mph, we pants the modena and get ahead into the now single lane road, then settle back into a cruise. We ride for awhile, and the road grows back into a 2 lane. The guy in the ferrari guys confidant grin was no replaced with a look of utter bewilderment. I nearly cried with laughter that night.

Hulud
07-23-2007, 09:11 AM
why dont you post a pic of your car?

superboost
07-23-2007, 09:11 AM
hah. then it wouldn't be sleeper anymore.

I'm not going to post any pics just yet. She's getting a few upgrades, and then I"ll post up.

Kalifornia087
07-23-2007, 09:20 AM
hah. then it wouldn't be sleeper anymore.

I'm not going to post any pics just yet. She's getting a few upgrades, and then I"ll post up.
You won't post it right now, b/c your saying then it wouldn't be a sleeper...
Then you tell us you'll post when you have more done??

WTF.

Your car is probably SLOW.

-Austin

superboost
07-23-2007, 10:10 AM

WTF.

-Austin

more like untuned. I run full standalone and if you've ever had standalone, you'll know that a car is only as fast as its tuning. Furthermore, I modified said standalone and added new features, which caused the old maps to be invalid. So now I have to retune, get it back to a dyno and change maps once again. So yes, it is slow, but only by circumstance. But I will not dyno it because in another week, it will be recieving yet more upgrades. It would be pretty wasteful to dyno tune, then dyno tune again a week later when you know you are going to immediately change parts.

And I never said it was fast...Well it gets out of its own way, but it is sleeper ;)

blackshine007
07-24-2007, 01:09 AM

WTF.

-Austin
Just do a google search on "old volvo" and you'll find it. They all look the same. I think he got a 240 or something. Especially on the insides. Swedish meatballs, my ass!!!!

Mazda 626 FTW, *running and hiding*

HeLLo iM iZzY
07-24-2007, 01:43 AM
Where they at?

I'll take a shot and say, they're all sleeping.

blackshine007
07-24-2007, 01:46 AM
My sleeper fell asleep. At the dyno.

sleepys4
07-24-2007, 02:13 AM

WTF.

-Austin

That is a invalid statement. Oh and it is a sleeper, i had to learn the hard way :yes:.

Don't believe me, run him in that there rx7, shitty motors FTL!

BlkCD5
07-24-2007, 02:23 AM
:lmao:. My car cried at the dyno. Oh wait, that was me :(

sleepys4
07-24-2007, 02:27 AM

Did you go to Allspeed?

The Youngn
07-24-2007, 02:34 AM
i like to sleep

BlkCD5
07-24-2007, 02:35 AM
yes i did. dyno'ed there about four years ago. Do i know you?

sleepys4
07-24-2007, 02:38 AM
I don't belive so. But, I have been wrong once before, back in high school, long story.

BlkCD5
07-24-2007, 02:44 AM
could be. A lot of people in the area know who i am, but i have no clue who they are, but either worked with them or went to school. :screwy:

Kalifornia087
07-24-2007, 08:14 AM
That is a invalid statement. Oh and it is a sleeper, i had to learn the hard way :yes:.

Don't believe me, run him in that there rx7, shitty motors FTL!
And what shitty motors might we be talking about?
I've got a different rx7 now (my old, slow gtu is in my avatar)... I may run somebody just for shits and giggles when i get the new one insured here in a bit. I know for sure i'll be at commerce in a month or so just to see what i can squeeze out of it before i set it up stiff as hell for drift.

-Austin

İhris
07-24-2007, 08:26 AM

My car is in a Coma.... wont wake up

AnthonyF
07-24-2007, 08:27 AM

fuk u and ur sweet ass ride! :goodjob:

AnthonyF
07-24-2007, 08:27 AM

lololol. i did too with my Ex back in the day. longest dyno run in the world

İhris
07-24-2007, 08:31 AM
lololol. i did too with my Ex back in the day. longest dyno run in the world

I had a 91 Mustang GT that was a 1 owner car... mint condition. I miss that car so much. One day the mustang club i was in went to a dyno day and I just figured why not.... so i got her dynoed and not only did it take more than 30seconds for the Pull.... it detonated too.

Stock 91 Mustang GT.... dynoed at 185 whp..... :lmfao:

I was so shocked at how low the numbers were. They are rated at 220hp from the factory in a 5.0L V8. I then joined the dark side... bought a civic... call me crazy :screwy:

southside
07-24-2007, 08:52 AM
I had a 91 Mustang GT that was a 1 owner car... mint condition. I miss that car so much. One day the mustang club i was in went to a dyno day and I just figured why not.... so i got her dynoed and not only did it take more than 30seconds for the Pull.... it detonated too.

Stock 91 Mustang GT.... dynoed at 185 whp..... :lmfao:

I was so shocked at how low the numbers were. They are rated at 220hp from the factory in a 5.0L V8. I then joined the dark side... bought a civic... call me crazy :screwy::goodjob: glad u bought a honda pretty damn clean i been tryin to get my brotha to do that but hes buildin his damn 351 so it aint workin he said he dont respect hondas cuz they front wheel drive cars and they dont get sideways when u hit it i told him fuck dat we got VTEC ftw

İhris
07-24-2007, 08:56 AM
:goodjob: glad u bought a honda pretty damn clean i been tryin to get my brotha to do that but hes buildin his damn 351 so it aint workin he said he dont respect hondas cuz they front wheel drive cars and they dont get sideways when u hit it i told him fuck dat we got VTEC ftw

lol well i didnt like FWD when i first got the car.... but when its raining it makes a big difference. I miss the mustang and will prob buy another one in the future to have some fun in. I am a big believer that once you join the import culture... its really hard to go back. And alot of domestic owners will never understand the difference between raw muscle and High performance...

Performance > Muscle :yes:

superboost
07-24-2007, 01:03 PM

daaaamn thats sleepin. The old rustangs...well they can be perked up, but are pretty craptacular in stock form. Hondas are ok, and can be made very great, but I see everyone with em.

and as for fwd vs rwd, rwd is better. When you are barrelling down a street and the car's ass decides to go sidways, you don't see the tree before it kills you. In fwd, you see it right as you plow into it.

Oh yea, provided I can get a few of the extra parts bolted on, I'll be out in Alabama getting tuned and setup.

ranj
07-24-2007, 02:05 PM
daaaamn thats sleepin. The old rustangs...well they can be perked up, but are pretty craptacular in stock form. Hondas are ok, and can be made very great, but I see everyone with em.

and as for fwd vs rwd, rwd is better. When you are barrelling down a street and the car's ass decides to go sidways, you don't see the tree before it kills you. In fwd, you see it right as you plow into it.

Oh yea, provided I can get a few of the extra parts bolted on, I'll be out in Alabama getting tuned and setup.

well if you're a good driver, and not an idiot who doesn't know the limits of his/her car, then that won't ever happen.

EDIT: anything can happen, but the chances of that happening are reduced greatly.

İhris
07-24-2007, 02:17 PM
hehe well in a few hours my car is gonna be too low to drive fast enough to worry about it. I'd love to turn a 93 GT into a track car. I saw one once at a MCA show. Blown 5.0, Full suspension upgrade, 4:10 gear, gutted w/ a roll cage... The guy said that its a blast at road atlanta or some autoX

redrumracer
07-24-2007, 10:34 PM

everyone knows the miata is a sleeper lol