PDA

View Full Version : Honda fix/Does your brake lights stay on ?

SE-Rious©
07-19-2007, 10:21 PM
well i've had many cars.mainly 88-91 civic/crx's plus a few eg's
and for some odd reason atleast half of them eventually had the same problem.the brake lights would stay on.and the problem on all of those cars were the little rubber nipple would actually be dried up and broke in many parts or just kept poping out of the hole at the top the brake pedal.not exactly sure what most people do to fix this problem w/their own cars but i know i dislike that particular problem and part that is meant to go back in place.cause eventually it will go bad again.

so what i figured out to do was just dig in my bolt bucket and grab a shoter 10mm bolt.it's just alittle shorter than the bolts found in maybe your fender and etc .. well i used that a 10mm nut and 2 washers.there is a hole that the bolt will slide directly in w/no problems or movement at the top of the brake pedal assembly.just slide a washer on the bolt slide that into the hole add a washer on that side and tighten the 10mm nut on that.i've done this on atleast 3-4 cars and they have had no problems since.actually i think it holds up way better than the rubber item they come with.
:goodjob:

ash7
07-19-2007, 11:31 PM
McGyver FTW

good fix man. :) I've had to do similar things before.

-jonathan

SE-Rious©
07-19-2007, 11:58 PM
McGyver FTW

good fix man. :) I've had to do similar things before.

-jonathan

:goodjob:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a170/hndaeftunr19/mcg.gif