PDA

View Full Version : PLX-300 Wideband PROBLEMS

chsdog55
07-19-2007, 09:53 PM
If anyone has this on a p28 ecu please help me out. I read the directions off of hondata to hook it up. It said connect the white wire off of the plx to pin out d10 which is the eld? but leave it disconnected so what i did is cut d10 and connected it to the plx and not back to the ECU. is this correct? and then is said connext the grey wire off of the plx to the white wire coming off of the oem o2 harness so i did that. when i start the car it idles really rough like its missing and if u dont give it gas it just dies. but it will never rev out but no check engine lights. ANY IDEAS?

scttydb411
07-20-2007, 09:56 AM
don't follow those instructions. you're not running s300 are you? just connect the narrowband output from the plx to d14 (stock o2 leaving the stock o2 cut). you really don't even need to do that if you have a guage. what you're doing is if you want to datalog/tune yourself and have it show up in the datalog. in that case you would disable closed loop and connect the wideband output to d14.

hondatas eld hack allows you to datalog and always have a wideband connected to the ecu. personally i rather do it the other way and there is no need to always have a wideband signal running into the ecu at all times anyway...only when tuning. i have not seen one cust that has tried to set it up that way work (i'm sure there are those out there that do), and it's easier and less headache to run it through d14. if you do want to tune and log yourself then install slip connectors so that you can switch back and forth between narrowand output and wideband output from the plx.