PDA

View Full Version : depression?

Julio
07-11-2005, 06:47 PM
I just can't buy that from people when they say they are depressed.

"I have been a boring person all my life, Mom, take me to the doctor.. The doctor say's Im depressed... Give me some pills so I can abuse them..."

99ITRGIRL
07-11-2005, 06:50 PM
yea, i see where ur coming from!!

AtifSajid
07-11-2005, 07:23 PM
I just can't buy that from people when they say they are depressed.

"I have been a boring person all my life, Mom, take me to the doctor.. The doctor say's Im depressed... Give me some pills so I can abuse them..."

And you hear this shit al lthe damn time...wtf people..depressed?

Julio
07-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Makes no sense to me... I guess depressed is the Medical name for boring humans...

flysi00
07-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Makes no sense to me... I guess depressed is the Medical name for boring humans...

i guess so my mom says that alot lol

verash
07-11-2005, 09:05 PM
i want pills

Ms Dollar
07-11-2005, 09:12 PM
you can't understand til it happens to you. i saw people have anxiety attacks when i was younger and never understood it til they happened to me. drepression and anxiety are cousins to each other and can be treated in the same ways. they come from thinking negativly, which is a habit, you were not born thinking negative, it is a bad habbit. you can make a big impact on depression and anxiety by replacing negative thoughts with positive ones. the average person has about 300 negitive thoughts a day. if you want to see, everytime you have a negative thought, write it down on a note pad, you would be surprised. usually people don't like to addmit they have a problem with either, mostly anxiety.

I don't necessarily agree with you, Depression and Anxiety Disorder don't necessarily go hand in hand. I have Anxiety Disorder(meaning I am capable of having a panic attack randomly anytime without warning), but I am by no means depressed. Negative thoughts have no affect on having a panic attach or having Anxiety either. Most of the time they just come on out of no where.

Although a lot of times it does have to do with things that happened in your childhood that maybe you don't completely remember but your subconscious does, hence the panic attacks that happen for no reason. Your mind really works in weird ways. I truly believe that some people can be depressed, or have anxiety but I also believe that most doctors are quick to diagnose you with whatever, give you some pills and send you on your way.

Just my :2cents:

Leisa
07-11-2005, 09:40 PM
Well, I went through depression back in 96/97 after my divorce.. I sought therapy for like 6 mnths....

boosted1jz
07-11-2005, 09:45 PM
and now a service bulletin for our sad and depressed emo friends

jrobbins30041
07-11-2005, 11:48 PM
I agree with CB7. No one knows what its like until you go through it

4dmin
07-12-2005, 07:27 AM

lol :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

LaurenK
07-12-2005, 07:59 AM
I believe in Depression...But I don't think you should mask the problem by taking a bunch of pills.

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-12-2005, 09:29 AM
I've been on medications for severe anxiety (zoloft, etc.) The medicines didn't do anything for me except make my chest hurt, give me headaches, make me sleepy and worse, cause me to think deeper into the situation that made me anxious... I have panic attacks now, BAD... but on the outside I still look like a HAPPY person!

boosted1jz
07-12-2005, 09:32 AM
^^^ i know the feeling... thats y i quit taking the stuff..... so there are days that im in a great mood then there are days that i just wanna curl up and disapear...

LaurenK
07-12-2005, 09:44 AM
I have heard more "horror" stories about Depression/Anxiety Pills than "Positive" one's. I used to take Depression medication...it messed me up as well. Ultimatley, the Best way is to talk to someone. The medication only masks the problem, but after you stop taking it...the problem only persists. Therapy is a "good" thing. It helps determine what is causing the depression...so you can take steps to fix it. Now, as far as Anxiety...it's totally different. Sometimes, you can't help reactions to things...which may cause the panic attacks. So, medication to prevent that...may be a necessity.

4dmin
07-12-2005, 09:51 AM
personally i dont' see the point in taking drugs b/c you are unhappy... why not find a solution to your problem where always is one??? i think its funny how people get diagnosised w/ a disorder and the first step is meds... crazy society!!! from anxiety to depression to ADD... its amazing people need meds to clear mind from their problems.

drupason
07-12-2005, 09:53 AM
haha yea i think there was one spurt growing up in school where it seemed all my friends were diagnosed ADD! LOL just another way for docs to make money i think

4dmin
07-12-2005, 09:58 AM
haha yea i think there was one spurt growing up in school where it seemed all my friends were diagnosed ADD! LOL just another way for docs to make money i think

ADD should be called MPDPATM (My Parents Don't Pay Attention To Me) Disorder :lmfao: ; what ever happened to whipping a children when they get out of line??? now a days its called ADD :rolleyes: Think back when we were in elementary school did you know anyone on meds for ADD no, but by the time i was in high school half my friends were :eek:

drupason
07-12-2005, 10:01 AM
hahaha yup

trythefly
07-12-2005, 10:14 AM
just do something about your problems instead of taking pills to cloud the situation.

thats my motto

Jaimecbr900
07-12-2005, 12:55 PM
I had a panic attack once. To be honest, it was really just me being melodramatic about something stupid, an attention ploy. It worked, but I felt stupid afterwards. Never again for me. No flaming. That was just a teenage insecurity thing that happened to ME and may not be why it happened(s) to anyone else. I went to the Dr. They wanted to put me on some pills. I told them I was fine. I moved on. In a nutshell that's my experience about anxiety problems.

On a similar note, I tried to quit smoking by using those anti-depressant pills. I hated them things. They would make me feel loopy and disconnected. My wife told me to stop taking them because I acted like a zombie.

The pills really only mask the problem and dull the senses IMO. Atleast that's what they did to me.

When I learned to communicate effectively, the majority of my anxiety and insecurities went away.

My :2cents: